Big News.

aun

don't forget about Robenson Therezie folks....as of now we lead for the 4* S.

Or the 4 star RB.

Therezie is outstanding at S. I think he would do himself an injustice by playing on O. I would love to have Therezie and Florence head hunting in the secondary.

Therezie will get his first shot at RB. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit off-topic, sorry, but Re: Devin Gaulden, anyone who needed more proof of Gene Chizik's (and his staff's) ability to evaluate defensive backs needs to look at what Jonathon Mincy and Demetruce McNeal have already been doing in camp. And that's after Bates the year before! If after all of this you're an Auburn fan who still takes the word of the gurus (who haven't even evaluated Gaulden yet ... once they get a good look at him, why wouldn't they think the same thing our coaches think?) over this staff's approval, you, well, need to re-think some things.

Most of us believed kitchens would end up at safety or linebacker, but it seems like he's going to be a solid wide out.  I believe if the coaches want him at wr, they'll probably keep him on offense..

Guest WarTiger

Most of us believed kitchens would end up at safety or linebacker, but it seems like he's going to be a solid wide out.  I believe if the coaches want him at wr, they'll probably keep him on offense..

It just does not make sense for us to take 4 WRs in this class (if we resign richardson). We need players in other places. Im beginning to think JR wont resign in this class.

don't forget about Robenson Therezie folks....as of now we lead for the 4* S.

Or the 4 star RB.

Therezie is outstanding at S. I think he would do himself an injustice by playing on O. I would love to have Therezie and Florence head hunting in the secondary.

Therezie will get his first shot at RB. 

He may, but that won't last long. That kid was born to be a Safety.

It just does not make sense for us to take 4 WRs in this class (if we resign richardson). We need players in other places. Im beginning to think JR wont resign in this class.

You're right it doesn't make sense...to us.  It might be, and probably is, clear as day to the coaching staff.  I'll yield to their years of experience and expertise in this matter.

Guest WarTiger

some WR's on the team now that we think will be great won't work out.

That same logic applies to every position. "trust the coaches" is a cop out (not directed at you 92)

That same logic applies to every position. "trust the coaches" is a cop out (not directed at you 92)

ya i see where ur coming from.

Who was it directed at then?

Who was it directed at then?

I believe this was one of those "general" statements.  People say, "trust the coaches" a lot and I think that's what he was referring to.  Not anyone in particular. 

"Trust the coaches", is a cop out? So, who would you rather have us trust? Truthfully, saying something is a cop-out, is a cop-out.  The coaches will make the decisions just like always, and we'll still be here talking about it and anything we say won't change a thing. Let's see, trust the coaches or someone posting on a football board? I'll stick with the coaches.

Coach Chizik and Co. always ask me what I think about who to recruit...  :cool:

You mean he doesn't ask you????  :dunno:  :tease:

"trust the coaches" is a cop out when you are debating. 

Of course we should trust the coaches but when loudly discussing a topic (not yelling mind you) and someone presents a set of facts that might be borderline controversial or not popular and the other side says "trust the coaches".....come on.  That's the equal of "I'm taking my ball and going home and i'm not playing".  JMHO

It's not a stretch to comprehend that a decision a coach makes, might not be understood by the common fan. Yet, this decision is based on the coach being there for training , practice and day to day interaction. Every Saturday there are 90,000 coaches at the stadium and hundreds of thousands more at home. I'll stick with the ones on the sideline.

It's not a stretch to comprehend that a decision a coach makes, might not be understood by the common fan. Yet, this decision is based on the coach being there for training , practice and day to day interaction. Every Saturday there are 90,000 coaches at the stadium and hundreds of thousands more at home. I'll stick with the ones on the sideline.

And not have an opinion of your own?

Bingo!!!

That's what makes this fun to me.  You get to see all types of opinions on the one thing we all have in common.....AUBURN.  And BTW, 4 receivers does seem to be a lot...fire stoked again.

Sure, I have an opinion. Do you have an opinion?  Does your opinion change any plays? Change any players? Yeah, mine doesn't either. We all talk about it, but that's it. Talk. WDE!!!

Bingo!!!

That's what makes this fun to me.  You get to see all types of opinions on the one thing we all have in common.....AUBURN.  And BTW, 4 receivers does seem to be a lot...fire stoked again.

Seems like one coach uses a lot of receivers huh?

That's a good point but say even in a 5 wide out set all the time maybe you go 2 deep that would be 10-12 that play.  Could be wrong but isn't there a lot more than 12 already on the team plus an additional 4 in this class.  You need some to develop who aren't ready to play but again the numbers just "appear" to be overweighted on WR.  Someone made a good point that some won't make it (didn't develop or maybe attrition) and the recruitment of 4 this year might be a telling sign.

But again we will have to trust the people who have that knowledge. It might be as simple as changing someone to a p/t position in the backfield or even to a another slot because of speed or skills set. Davis and Reed ( using his speed) are 2 examples of people who could play at either position. It could be a preamble to starting a bigger effort to redshirting people as well. Too many variables for it to be a simple numbers game.

add: If we use what we have, think about the depth an opposing defense would need to be able to keep up with a receiving corp that could have the legs to go one series and then rest one. Think UTenn, with everbody on defense huffing air in the first quarter. What a horrible problem to have.

I agree there are a lot of variables but taking a large number of WR and then redshirting would be an odd strategy to me.  If there were not constraints on scholarships and signing numbers each year this would be a non issue.  Take 10 receivers.

But when AU has other needs and in some cases where redshirting is even a bigger benefit (say lineman) why not take 1-2 less receivers and then go get two linemen that need to develop?

By the way...your points are good.  And I just have fun debating.  So take my comments for what they are worth...not much.

Agree with you on the wr/rec numbers with scholly limits , but it could be a preamble to 1 or 2 getting a shirt. We may see one or two this year or next as our numbers and efficiency improve. I'm just debating it too, not arguing it. I know no more than any of us do. Opinions are like............ well nevermind.

I agree there are a lot of variables but taking a large number of WR and then redshirting would be an odd strategy to me.  If there were not constraints on scholarships and signing numbers each year this would be a non issue.  Take 10 receivers.

But when AU has other needs and in some cases where redshirting is even a bigger benefit (say lineman) why not take 1-2 less receivers and then go get two linemen that need to develop?

By the way...your points are good.  And I just have fun debating.  So take my comments for what they are worth...not much.

May not be an odd strategy when considering the talent of the receiver just may be too good to pass up when a WR is a critical component to the offense. Just a thought not sure that is true or not.

First of all, when you're going to try and call someone out, then play grown up and just do it...Okay Raiders.  Secondly, saying "I'll yield to their years of experience and expertise in this matter" is not a cop out, but a nice way of saying that in a thread about a possible DB committing your previous comment "It just does not make sense for us to take 4 WRs in this class" was insignificant.  I really should not be surprised though, when you squeeze an orange, you do get orange juice.

Archived