Big News.

aun

Another issue to consider in yalls debate is Karlos Dansby.  Dansby was a WR coming out of HS and grew into a pretty good LB.  Could the coaches(yes, I trust their opinions) see the same potential in a few of these recruits?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another good point Big Bird.  (If you can't tell...I like to start off agreeing before I start to debate).

But.....how many impact players has AU had that started off at WR and then changed to another position.  Dansby is a great example but I wouldn't think there are many that became "impact" guys.  That would be an interesting Stat (hint) for someone to research.  I do think there are probably a lot more WRs that convert to say a DB than vise versa. 

very true, but unlike previous staff's preferences, this staff likes the 6'1-6'4 mold of WR.  That size, IMO, would translate better to a LB rather than a DB.

According to a recent article on AUC....he will wait and commit after taking his visits.  AU is No. 1 still, and I think his plans are to visit during AU vs. Clemson

Another factor in the equation:

We always have walk-ons and those who were not highly regarded who have come in and red-shirted &/or played scout team a year or two...

All of a sudden they have grown up and get it...start to blossum...

These type of guys are in the program and they surprise everybody (including the coaches) every year...may have a bearing on recruiting...what looks like a void in the ranks is actually filled and it is not even visible to us...

This isn't just in D-1 sports...true in high school sports also...

According to a recent article on AUC....he will wait and commit after taking his visits.  AU is No. 1 still, and I think his plans are to visit during AU vs. Clemson

I had to go look to make sure, but isn't this diametrically opposed to what the Original Poster pointed out??? :dunno:

Do we have some links to some of this info? I'm not doubting...i'd just like to see what is actually being said.

Thanks Guys!

:wareagle:

Agree with AUQBDAD.....just a little odd that this thread goes from a close source saying that Roberson will be committing soon......now its he is waiting to taking his visits.  Roberson was suppose to visit last week with his uncle Otis, but he had to cancel because of his obligation to his team.... which is 100% understandable.  Do we know if he plans on visiting the plains again before the start of the season? 

Another issue to consider in yalls debate is Karlos Dansby.  Dansby was a WR coming out of HS and grew into a pretty good LB.  Could the coaches(yes, I trust their opinions) see the same potential in a few of these recruits?

Good point.

The previous coacing staff did this on several occasions and this coaching staff has shown that there are no limits to the boundaries of their creativity.

Good point.

The previous coacing staff did this on several occasions and this coaching staff has shown that there are no limits to the boundaries of their creativity.

.... your mom has creativity.  :dunno:

I think alot of these guys can see whats going on at Auburn and the days of waiting until the last days to commit are gonna be ending.Recruits dont want to miss the boat so they'll be jumping on board!      :thumbsup:

Archived