War Hero Dole Blasts Kerry

DKW 86

Didnt say much bad about Clinton, but Bob is setting a huge bull's eye on Kerry.

Link

Dole Blasts Kerry on Purple Hearts, Urges Apology for War Protests

Severely wounded World War II combat hero Sen. Bob Dole questioned whether John Kerry deserved his three Purple Hearts on Sunday, and suggested that the top Democrat should apologize to his fellow Vietnam veterans for engaging in anti-war protests while they were still fighting the war.

"I respect his record - but three Purple Hearts, he never bled that I know of," Dole told CNN's "Late Edition." "They were all superficial wounds."

Story Continues Below

"As far as I know he never spent one day in the hospital, I don't think he draws any disability pay. He doesn't have any disability. And he's boasting about three Purple Hearts, when you think of some of the people who really got shot up in Vietnam."

Dole, who nearly died as a member of the US 10th Mountain Division from wounds he sustained during the 1944 invasion of Italy, is the nation's foremost champion of veterans causes, recently completing a successful mission to create a World War II memorial on the Capitol Mall this summer.

Drawing on those credentials, Dole called on Kerry to issue a public apology for calling his fellow Vietnam soldiers war criminals during his 1971 Senate testimony, telling CNN, "Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam."

"I think Sen. Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin." Dole added. "That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

Dole raises some good issues that I have thought of but didn't wan't to be the one to say.

He is dead on with the call for an apology as well! kerry didn't have to attack the soldiers, he coulda wen't after the gov. officials who were responsible for those soldiers being there. He crucified the soldiers instead.

Dole raises some good issues that I have thought of but didn't wan't to be the one to say.

He is dead on with the call for an apology as well! kerry didn't have to attack the soldiers, he coulda wen't after the gov. officials who were responsible for those soldiers being there. He crucified the soldiers instead.

You haven't read his testimony. He didn't blame troops, he blamed the administration. Read the whole thing, then criticize all you want.

Didnt say much bad about Clinton, but Bob is setting a huge bull's eye on Kerry.

Link

Severely wounded World War II combat hero Sen. Bob Dole questioned whether John Kerry deserved his three Purple Hearts on Sunday, and suggested that the top Democrat should apologize to his fellow Vietnam veterans for engaging in anti-war protests while they were still fighting the war.

"I respect his record - but three Purple Hearts, he never bled that I know of," Dole told CNN's "Late Edition." "They were all superficial wounds."

Story Continues Below

"As far as I know he never spent one day in the hospital, I don't think he draws any disability pay. He doesn't have any disability. And he's boasting about three Purple Hearts, when you think of some of the people who really got shot up in Vietnam."

Dole, who nearly died as a member of the US 10th Mountain Division from wounds he sustained during the 1944 invasion of Italy, is the nation's foremost champion of veterans causes, recently completing a successful mission to create a World War II memorial on the Capitol Mall this summer.

Drawing on those credentials, Dole called on Kerry to issue a public apology for calling his fellow Vietnam soldiers war criminals during his 1971 Senate testimony, telling CNN, "Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam."

"I think Sen. Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin." Dole added. "That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

Dole also cried foul once about a Bush's lies:

But a week later, New Hampshire Republicans would give Bush a 15-point victory margin over Dole, who would then complain about last-minute TV ads placed by Bush (with Sununu's help) that painted Dole as pro-tax.

"I think if it hadn't been for his false advertising the last three days, we would have beaten him," Dole said on primary night.

In a tense notional TV interview, an anchorman asked Dole if he had anything to say to Bush, who was also on camera. "Tell him to stop lying about my record," Dole snapped.

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_sho...l?article=14571

You haven't read his testimony. He didn't blame troops, he blamed the administration. Read the whole thing, then criticize all you want.

I have seen and read a few accounts of people blasting kerry for stabbing other troops in vn in the back upon his return and joining up with the likes of hanoi jane.

I am in agreement with them that it was a low life move by kerry to say the things he said about the other troops. He may have acknowledged that the main blame lied on the admin. but he also turned his back on the other soldiers still in vn with the things he said.

I have seen and read a few accounts of people blasting kerry for stabbing other troops in vn in the back upon his return and joining up with the likes of hanoi jane.

I am in agreement with them that it was a low life move by kerry to say the things he said about the other troops. He may have acknowledged that the main blame lied on the admin. but he also turned his back on the other soldiers still in vn with the things he said.

What are you referring to specifically that he said?

Link

Story Continues Below

Dole got a free ride. Think how he'd feel if he hadn't.

IMAGINE IF supporters of Bill Clinton had tried in 1996 to besmirch the military record of his opponent, Bob Dole. After all, Dole was given a Purple Heart for a leg scratch probably caused, according to one biographer, when a hand grenade thrown by one of his own men bounced off a tree. And while the serious injuries Dole sustained later surely came from German fire, did the episode demonstrate heroism on Dole's part or a reckless move that ended up killing his radioman and endangering the sergeant who dragged Dole off the field?

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial...or_bush?mode=PF

Link

Story Continues Below

Guess Bob missed his Gingko today:

In a 1988 campaign-trail autobiography, here's how Dole described the incident that earned him his first Purple Heart: "As we approached the enemy, there was a brief exchange of gunfire. I took a grenade in hand, pulled the pin, and tossed it in the direction of the farmhouse. It wasn't a very good pitch (remember, I was used to catching passes, not throwing them). In the darkness, the grenade must have struck a tree and bounced off. It exploded nearby, sending a sliver of metal into my leg--the sort of injury the Army patched up with Mercurochrome and a Purple Heart."

What are you referring to specifically that he said?

Well, I didn't write it down or copy a link. One day if I have time I'll find it again and write it down for you. Basically it is the part where he refers to the atrocities that he says are commonplace and being committed by troops as he spoke or whatever. Like I said I have seen and heard them in several different places. If you are as well versed as you say you are then you should be familiar with them.

Anyways, those are I'm sure at least some of the remarks Dole was referring to that he demanded an apology for.

Archived