Thank You Trevor Lacey!!!!!!!.....for 5 star shooting guard Austin Rivers

AuburnBasketball

In an interview on tv after an AAU game this past summer a tv reporter asked Trevor Lacey who were his top schools and he said Auburn,Alabama,Memphis,Kentucky,etc. Then they asked Austin Rivers(Doc Rivers son) who were his top schools and Austin said Duke,Florida,etc. then he said Auburn! Rivers said he liked Auburn because he likes how they run a fast paced game and his best friend Trevor Lacey was considering them. This is very good news!!!!!!! :wareagle:

In an interview on tv after an AAU game this past summer a tv reporter asked Trevor Lacey who were his top schools and he said Auburn,Alabama,Memphis,Kentucky,etc. Then they asked Austin Rivers(Doc Rivers son) who were his top schools and Austin said Duke,Florida,etc. then he said Auburn! Rivers said he liked Auburn because he likes how they run a fast paced game and his best friend Trevor Lacey was considering them. This is very good news!!!!!!! :wareagle:

The thing is that we have a dynamic young aggressive coach that players will want to play for, but just as much is the fact that we will finally be unveiling one of the best new arena's in all of college basketball where recruits can visit and see it in game situations instead of just hearing about it. Like football I expect top recruits to start committing on a regular basis now thanks to the progressive approach Jay Jacobs and co. have taken Auburn...

Its a long shot to get AR. None of the recruiting websites have updated this about Auburn and AR. But we will have a really good shot IF we get Trevor. So Trevor we need you to commit to us and then start recruiting for us.

Fwiw, It is not a long shot for either player.  Like always, things can change but they are both about as high as you can get on Coach Barbee and our Auburn Tigers at this time.

trust me its a long shot AR has been HIGH as the sky on Duke for a long time and he is just now showing intrest in Auburn but i hope we get him WDE

if u have espnu recently they have been showing his and trevor lacey's aau games.and they usally show coaches in the stand and  most schools only have 1 coach there then they show Auburn and we have 3 coaches there!!!!!! CTB is getting after it in recruiting :zapbama:

Fwiw, It is not a long shot for either player.  Like always, things can change but they are both about as high as you can get on Coach Barbee and our Auburn Tigers at this time.

trust me its a long shot AR has been HIGH as the sky on Duke for a long time and he is just now showing intrest in Auburn but i hope we get him WDE

I understand.  I thought he was a long shot as well until I heard some interesting stuff over the last few days.  I now believe we have a legitimate shot.  Things can change from day to day but as of now I no longer consider him a long shot.  WDE!

Sounds great to me, would be awesome to land these guys.

I understand.  I thought he was a long shot as well until I heard some interesting stuff over the last few days.  I now believe we have a legitimate shot.  Things can change from day to day but as of now I no longer consider him a long shot.  WDE!

Basketball, please know, J-S is in the know.  And now he is embedded!!

what have you heard!!! do tell :yay:

'Can't say much.  Just know it's positive for the good guys.  HA!

My brother played against him in AAU when he played for team STAT. Kid is rediculously good, as we all know. Its great to hear that top talent is mentioning Auburn, and we haven't even played a game yet. My question is, give or take maybe 2 transfers after the season, where would Austin Rivers leave us, consdering the two we just received commitments from, and Trevor Lacey and Devin Langford conceptionally leaving us pretty high?

'Can't say much.  Just know it's positive for the good guys.  HA!

i hope your right do you think he will take a visit anytime soon? :wedance:

My brother played against him in AAU when he played for team STAT. Kid is rediculously good, as we all know. Its great to hear that top talent is mentioning Auburn, and we haven't even played a game yet. My question is, give or take maybe 2 transfers after the season, where would Austin Rivers leave us, consdering the two we just received commitments from, and Trevor Lacey and Devin Langford conceptionally leaving us pretty high?

I had no ideal our STATS had a basketball team? Wow the guy is everywhere. So couldn't resist.

Archived