• Quantez Robertson
    • Dewayne Reed
    • Scott Pohlman
    • John Mengelt
    • Eddie Johnson
    • Wes Flanigan
    • Ronnie Battle

Doc Robinson-16 all-time scorer in school history;all-american

Quantez Robertson-all time career steals leader;4 year starter;2nd team all-SEC defense as a senior

Dewayne Reed-Member of the 1,000 point club,2nd in in Auburn history in steals

Scott Pohlman-10th all time scorer in Auburn Histroy

John Mengelt-5th all time scorer in Auburn history,60 point game in career most points in a single game by an Auburn player

Eddie Johnson-4th all-time leading scorer

Wes Flanigan-20th all-time leading scorer in Auburn History

Ronnie Battle-6th all-time leading scorer in Auburn History :wareagle:

I voted for Robinson. Another PG not on the list but part of the Person/Barkley teams was Gerald White. Not the flashy, big number guy, but deserves to be mentioned on the list in my opinion. Good poll..

I voted for Robinson. Another PG not on the list but part of the Person/Barkley teams was Gerald White. Not the flashy, big number guy, but deserves to be mentioned on the list in my opinion. Good poll..

I'm so glad you brought him up. I was trying to think of his name because he played along with Frank Ford. Like you said not flashy but very consistent

I voted for Fast Eddie he and John Mengelt were the two best guards I ever saw at Auburn.  However both were more shooting guards than Point Guards. The difference is that Eddie could play either and that John was the best pure shooter I have ever seen at Auburn.

I voted for Fast Eddie he and John Mengelt were the two best guards I ever saw at Auburn.  However both were more shooting guards than Point Guards. The difference is that Eddie could play either and that John was the best pure shooter I have ever seen at Auburn.

did you ever see Tay Waller play

Ronnie Battle was not a point guard.  Reggie Gallon played point guard when Ronnie was here.  Ronnie was a scoring machine.  HE SPOKE at the Tip-off club this year.  He is coaching at Smith Station and has two sons playing basketball.

Half the players you listed were not point guards.  Scottie Polman played with Doc.  Scottie was a scoring guard.

shoot me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRznxMl2facbqyuGfnwvb9RMCLFpx-XpsFYJR95wl2dF7NAff8&t=1&usg=__BZ3M4CTlBjC-f3xusDDwcnMNqME=

with all due respect to the fine AU players. The "best" list is a list of two:

Gerald White

Doc Robinson

While Wes Flannigan is one of my all-time favorites, no one else compares to White and Doc.

WDE!

Has to be The Doc. I was in school while he was there and those were some awesome times for the basketball program. Can't wait to see them get back there in about 3 yrs.

Doc Robinson and then I voted for Quantez Robertson because he's the point guard of my era haha but the 1 factor that wasn't listed in the descriptions that is the BEST statistic to judge a point guard by is ASSISTS! Who is the All-Time Assist Leader in Auburn history?

I know someone can find the answer for me

Having watched all oth these guys play, plus many more, I believe Henry Hart was the best ever. He played in the late fifties, for the youngsters of the board.

Doc Robinson and then I voted for Quantez Robertson because he's the point guard of my era haha but the 1 factor that wasn't listed in the descriptions that is the BEST statistic to judge a point guard by is ASSISTS! Who is the All-Time Assist Leader in Auburn history?

I know someone can find the answer for me

gerald white 634 career assists

Child, and I use that because you are young, not immature, you obviously never saw and may have never heard of John Mengelt. Go back and do a little studying. Tay was an OK shooter but very few if any Auburn guard ever approached Mengelt`s over all game by game career.

Child, and I use that because you are young, not immature, you obviously never saw and may have never heard of John Mengelt. Go back and do a little studying. Tay was an OK shooter but very few if any Auburn guard ever approached Mengelt`s over all game by game career.

No one and I mean no can match John “Crash”  Mengelt shooting

No one and I mean no can match John “Crash”  Mengelt shooting

I never saw Mengelt play so I will defer to you with anything in regards to him but I can't imagine many people being much better than  either of the Person brothers when it comes to shooting the rock. chuck put on a show at one of the basketball camps I went to back in Sonny's days. He was walking around the 3 point line talking about how easy it was to shoot 3's. He hit something like 25 3's in a row before he missed.

As far as the original question the best I ever saw at Auburn was Doc. Another pretty good PG that isn't on your list is Moochie Norris.

Archived