SEC NOW, Rushing Attack Rankings

muxi87

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strongest rushing attacks...in the SEC....without Auburn? What?

This a joke? This isnt even a matter of schedule or anything like that, the rushing attack was the best of all time last year, and its at the same level

COME ON

Yup, I saw that. Ginger McElroy compiled the list. Did you honestly expect Bama to not be at the top and for the list to be accurate? I didn't.

Yup, I saw that. Ginger McElroy compiled the list. Did you honestly expect Bama to not be at the top and for the list to be accurate? I didn't.

While I think we definitely deserve to be in the top 4, mcelroy has been pretty decent in not being that biased.

Where would y'all have us? I think UGA and Ark should be switched and we should be occupying USCe's spot.

Well...first obviously. .lol. And not biased there. We have so many directions from which to come from. Nick Marshall. ..hello...how can we not be the top with a potential to amass nearly 4000 yds rushing as a team?

Where would y'all have us? I think UGA and Ark should be switched and we should be occupying USCe's spot.

Well...first obviously. .lol. And not biased there. We have so many directions from which to come from. Nick Marshall. ..hello...how can we not be the top with a potential to amass nearly 4000 yds rushing as a team?

Guess I misunderstood the guidelines. Thought we were ranking the backs.

Is there really going to be a new thread started every time someone on the SEC network says something folks here disagree with??? In that case, MODS you want might want to start a whole new forum.

While I think we definitely deserve to be in the top 4, mcelroy has been pretty decent in not being that biased.

LOL !!

All 4 of those teams have their entire back fields back. We don't. We are missing Tre Mason, our most productive running back from last year. TJ yeldon, mike Davis, Alex Collins, and Todd Gurley all had better numbers than anyone we have returning. Y'all are out of control.

All 4 of those teams have their entire back fields back. We don't. We are missing Tre Mason, our most productive running back from last year. TJ yeldon, mike Davis, Alex Collins, and Todd Gurley all had better numbers than anyone we have returning. Y'all are out of control.

Preach

Isn't it customary for the top rushing team to have an equally top shelf o'line.... and aren't they playing T'town'toddlers in Tuscaloosa this year... as in don't they having one the fewest (if not fewest) number of returning (in SEC) on the o'line?

Ok, so I just read a 247 article about the McElroy segment. They said McElroy ranked Auburn with having the best rushing scheme. The team ranking in the OP was just his ranking of the RBs on each team. He goes on to say that the running backs and offensive line Auburn will have this season should be "equally as productive as last year". That is a little different perspective than presented in the OP.

We lead the nation last year but only placed 6th on the list? I don't think we are out of control to expect to be at least in the top three given that our offense is, primarily, a run based scheme. And, we basically DOUBLED Alabama, which was 28th on the 2013 list but was placed #1 on Ginger's list.

Link: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

I fully expect AU to lead the SEC in rushing again so I'd definitely put em first on the list. Now if your rating just pure best RBs then I could see where you would pick the other teams.

We lead the nation last year but only placed 6th on the list? I don't think we are out of control to expect to be at least in the top three given that our offense is, primarily, a run based scheme. And, we basically DOUBLED Alabama, which was 28th on the 2013 list but was placed #1 on Ginger's list.

Link: http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYards

I didn't watch the segment, but if I had to guess, they were rating the back fields based on the quality of backs, not by who they thought would have the most total rushing yards at the end of the season. Are Cameron artis Payne, Corey Grant, Peyton barber and roc Thomas good enough to be in the top 4? I know they are, and so do you. But look, here are the returning starters on those other teams:

Alabama: TJ yeldon, Derrick Henry, Kenyan drake

South Carolina: mike Davis (I don't know who's behind him, but he's a proven great all around back)

Arkansas: Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams

Georgia: Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall.

Take out scheme, and all of those team's running backs are more proven than our guys. If this poll was at the end of the season, I'm sure we'll be talking about 2 out of our 5 runners (including Marshall) passing the 1000 yard rushing mark. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Grant, Payne, and Marshall all surpass it.

I fully expect AU to lead the SEC in rushing again so I'd definitely put em first on the list. Now if your rating just pure best RBs then I could see where you would pick the other teams.

It was "rushing attack"...they mentioned the QBs a few times...

That's why I was literally laughing.

Well I guess since the SEC Network guys rated us low we should just give it up then huh? Why does everyone care so much about what the media says about us? It won't mean a thing when we win it all this season. Take it easy.

Archived