Real Hands Up Don't Shoot Tragedy

Weegle777

Killed this man in cold blood. He held his hands up and said, "Please don't shoot me." How much of this story have you heard about on the news?

http://toprightnews.com/?p=8788

“At one point, he did plead for his life,” Captain James Clark said Thursday at a news conference, according to the New York Daily News. “He said, ‘Please don’t shoot me, please don’t shoot me,’ and they still shot him one more time.”

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many times did they post in those good police officer threads that I posted? That ought to tell you all you need to know about them.

How many times did they post in those good police officer threads that I posted? That ought to tell you all you need to know about them.

What was the argument before?

Unless it was no black person has ever committed any violent crime ever, or that police officers are immortal highlanders.... then I dunno.

Sad story. I'm glad his daughter wasn't with him that night. There is no telling what these wannabe thugs would have done to her.

I'm sure CNN and MSNBC will run this story soon. No not really.

around4ever......it gets over looked that here were three teens with at least one gun. What if the guy had a gun and shot first? What do you think the story would be then.

i enjoyed those posts, i didnt post either. not much to argue about i guess. i think we agree these bad apple cops are very few and far between so they try to make more out of the questionable ones.

Tragic, and the reason I carry. But once again, here's the distinction so many refuse to face. Will these three oxygen thieves be able to claim qualified immunity and avoid criminal prosecution? We are a nation of laws, not of men. Flip the script. Make the three oxygen thieves cops and the poor gentleman a Mundane. The cops question the man under dubious suspicions, the man refuses to answer their questions and asserts his 5th Amendment rights. Angered at this perceived lack of respect, the cops shoot the man dead, and immediately craft a narrative in which the man "lunged at them, and tried to take their gun, leaving them no choice." The man wasn't recording, and the officers either weren't wearing body cameras or had them turned off. The crime remains the same, yet one group can claim legal immunity, while the other cannot. That is what we have an issue with. Some people will do terrible things, but we have a justice system in place to protect civil society from them- so long as they aren't agents of the state.

But it never happens until it happens to you. Everything is peachy.

Tragic, and the reason I carry. But once again, here's the distinction so many refuse to face. Will these three oxygen thieves be able to claim qualified immunity and avoid criminal prosecution? We are a nation of laws, not of men. Flip the script. Make the three oxygen thieves cops and the poor gentleman a Mundane. The cops question the man under dubious suspicions, the man refuses to answer their questions and asserts his 5th Amendment rights. Angered at this perceived lack of respect, the cops shoot the man dead, and immediately craft a narrative in which the man "lunged at them, and tried to take their gun, leaving them no choice." The man wasn't recording, and the officers either weren't wearing body cameras or had them turned off. The crime remains the same, yet one group can claim legal immunity, while the other cannot. That is what we have an issue with. Some people will do terrible things, but we have a justice system in place to protect civil society from them- so long as they aren't agents of the state.

One huge factor was left out in your story. Was the man non-black or black? That would make all the difference in the world as to whether it was forgotten by the media, or splattered across the country's news.

The problem is that we as a society tend to generalize everything into one category. All black people aren't cold blooded killers of white people, all white cops aren't killers of black people. Crime exists, police brutality exists but not in every case every time.

The problem is that we as a society tend to generalize everything into one category. All black people aren't cold blooded killers of white people, all white cops aren't killers of black people. Crime exists, police brutality exists but not in every case every time.

Yes this

Yes, that is what the adults believe, but that doesnt fit the narrative du jour:

All cops are racists/evil, even the Black & Asian & Latino ones.

Some of us dont get our PCTPs (PC Talking Points) for the day and blindly go about trying to convince the world that reality is bad juju.

or that narrative didnt have to be created because it IS ACTUALLY A FACT. but the MSM and the ultra libs spread a lie to incite violent protests and sharpton can make his millions and now cops are targeted for just wearing uniforms and many young black men think they are going to be killed by cops because they hate all black people.

Yep. The media is the real perp. They need clicks and views so they run as much of this bs as they can. Propaganda machine at its best.

of course, but you missed the real problem which is, the media loves the police brutality narrative but have little to no use for stories like this. Consequently, they're part of the problem. They propagate the misconceptions that lead people to taking extreme positions that dont reflect reality. The media consistently and conveniently set aside information that doesn't fit their preferred narrative and, by doing so, perform a great disservice the public at large. They give far too much voice to rabble rousers like Al Sharpton who is nothing but a race baiting tax cheat whose only interest is to capitalize on racism, most of which, in his life, he imagined! Whether its the "Gentle Giant", Freddys Fashion Mart, Tawanna Brawley or many other situations, he lies when the truth would've been much MUCH better

of course, but you missed the real problem which is, the media loves the police brutality narrative but have little to no use for stories like this. Consequently, they're part of the problem. They propagate the misconceptions that lead people to taking extreme positions that dont reflect reality. The media consistently and conveniently set aside information that doesn't fit their preferred narrative and, by doing so, perform a great disservice the public at large. They give far too much voice to rabble rousers like Al Sharpton who is nothing but a race baiting tax cheat whose only interest is to capitalize on racism, most of which, in his life, he imagined! Whether its the "Gentle Giant", Freddys Fashion Mart, Tawanna Brawley or many other situations, he lies when the truth would've been much MUCH better

Since media is part of SOCIETY I don't think I missed the problem at all.

One huge factor was left out in your story. Was the man non-black or black? That would make all the difference in the world as to whether it was forgotten by {a poster}, or splattered across the {AUFAMILY}.

Who posted this article, started this thread, and why?

One huge factor was left out in your story. Was the man non-black or black? That would make all the difference in the world as to whether it was forgotten by {a poster}, or splattered across the {AUFAMILY}.

your first two questions can be found easily. the third could start a whole different argument altogether.

your first two questions can be found easily. the third could start a whole different argument altogether.

LOL

My hometown was recently hit by a tragic event where a few animals murdered in the act of stealing. Then the true colors of racism started with all the "where is Al Sharpton now" and "where is the News channels" rhetoric that very quickly turned into "burn them" and "drag them into town and hang them".

http://m.walb.com/walb/db/330714/content/uWbS11bw

I did. Because it is newsworthy and relevant to what is being discussed here. Why do you ask?

I did. Because it is newsworthy and relevant to what is being discussed here. Why do you ask?

I see it as pushing the race narrative. If it is fair to judge the News channels then I would think it is fair to judge posters by the same standard.

It's sad that someone got robbed. It's a tragedy that someone got killed. It's heart wrenching that teenagers have the ability and lack of moral compass to commit such acts.

Outside of the three opinions I just made, what else you want to talk about in the article?

I can add one. It is a classless, heartless, and tasteless article because of the lines which read...

"So can we expect Barack Obama and Eric Holder to demand a civil right investigation? Don’t bet on it."

Why use this mans death or the tragic state of these youths in this manner? Why even repost this garbage?

A father lost his life and two children apparently never had a life to begin with. I don't see color just evil. The article points to the "color" card to push an agenda which is just as evil. GARBAGE!!!

Archived