Real Hands Up Don't Shoot Tragedy

Weegle777

I think we need to have a serious national discussion on what happened in Ferguson and how the morons in the media have divided this nation horribly for the sake of a few dollars in ratings points. I also want the media reigned in AND forced to acknowledge their many many mistakes.

Folks, a media this sloppy with the facts could easily cause us to go to war with someone or to act otherwise foolishly because we are not getting a mature rational view of the facts and truth.

I will agree and leave us in agreement.

MEDIA (Major News outlets) should absolutely be held to a higher standard of giving FACTS without foolishly using irrational fears that play on the emotions of their viewers. Every month each major News outlet should file a report on every mistake or false assumption they have made to show their acknowledgement.

I agree. The media causes more division in this country than any person or group of people. They are THE problem.

No they aren't. They simply reflect the problem.

Ah yes, the "problem". So according to that line of thinking, I should be pretty livid that some of the black people that I work with make more money than I do correct? Even if they have a more advanced degree than I, hey they aren't "white"!

Is that what the "problem" states?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. By "problem" I mean our insatiable appetite for "infotainment" of the sort that validates our simple worldview, regardless of the actual "truth", which is invariably complex and nuanced.

Blaming the media for 'trending hysteria' is like blaming farmers for our obesity.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah. It's way easier to just make stuff up. (AKA "lying".)

Do you realize that HUDS has been proven witness wise and forensically to be a 100% lie.

We had rioting, looting, false reporting, emotional carnage here in America over something that we now know to be 100% BS.

Race relations have been set back decades over one flakey as hell witness that later recanted and by forensics and other witnesses saying exactly the opposite.

But a 51 year OWG was gunned down in cold blood over nothing for just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You seem to attach a preternatural significance to the term "hands up don't shoot".

But, but someone else was gunned down in cold blood, so somehow, it's all connected? :-\

Are you proposing this is a conspiracy by black people to position themselves as victims while murderously killing off whites? :dunno:

Absolutely not. I am pointing out that ALL LIVES MATTER. We had weeks of completely bogus racebaiting and now everyone just wants to sweep it under the rug. if this was really a color blind nation, then there would be politicians, maybe even the President out there saying straight up that HUDS was BS. And when there was a clear lie story on the front pages would take the time to illustrate that 1) We need to STFU and let the police do their jobs, 2) Wait for ALL the facts to come in before we go off half cocked and end up looking like crazy folks again.

This is exactly what I am talking about. We've had weeks of race discussions over various incidents, past and present.

But for you, it seems this one incident has come to represent the entire reality. If you can claim that this one aspect of that incident was false, it makes all the protests a lie and negates the possibility that such racism exists, which is the bigger story.

Now I don't know for sure that reflects your mind, but your posts sure come across that way.

homer, sober up.

I am talking specifically about the Ferguson mess. That has NOTHING TO DO WITH GARNER, et al. NOTHING.

Why you continue to stereotype and smear everything together is beyond me. I am having a very specific conversation about the MSM handling of one event.

And yet you and a few others keep harping on it regardless of the thread topic. And it's been that way every since the determination was made it didn't happen.

Like I said, it comes across as a totem you are trying to use to discredit any general concern blacks may have about police abuse.

Maybe I am wrong about what you are really trying to accomplish by constantly bringing it up. But I cannot be wrong on the impression I get from it. So, if even I am wrong, I am doing you a favor by telling you.

Are you not stunned that these people, the Congressional Staffers are so stupid that they buy into a completely BS narrative?

These folks will be running the country one day. We should all be scared that they do not care what the truth or what the reality is.

congressional_walkout_ed52919543fc109e2ed121612d725e86.jpg

Do you think they are standing there solely because of the Ferguson incident?

HUDS is specific to Ferguson, yes. They arent there just for Ferguson tho. But in THIS picture, they are focusing on HUDS.

I think you are wrong. And your post that goes with the picture is exactly what I am talking about.

Do you realize that HUDS has been proven witness wise and forensically to be a 100% lie.

We had rioting, looting, false reporting, emotional carnage here in America over something that we now know to be 100% BS.

Race relations have been set back decades over one flakey as hell witness that later recanted and by forensics and other witnesses saying exactly the opposite.

But a 51 year OWG was gunned down in cold blood over nothing for just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

You seem to attach a preternatural significance to the term "hands up don't shoot".

But, but someone else was gunned down in cold blood, so somehow, it's all connected? :-\

Are you proposing this is a conspiracy by black people to position themselves as victims while murderously killing off whites? :dunno:

Absolutely not. I am pointing out that ALL LIVES MATTER. We had weeks of completely bogus racebaiting and now everyone just wants to sweep it under the rug. if this was really a color blind nation, then there would be politicians, maybe even the President out there saying straight up that HUDS was BS. And when there was a clear lie story on the front pages would take the time to illustrate that 1) We need to STFU and let the police do their jobs, 2) Wait for ALL the facts to come in before we go off half cocked and end up looking like crazy folks again.

This is exactly what I am talking about. We've had weeks of race discussions over various incidents, past and present.

But for you, it seems this one incident has come to represent the entire reality. If you can claim that this one aspect of that incident was false, it makes all the protests a lie and negates the possibility that such racism exists, which is the bigger story.

Now I don't know for sure that reflects your mind, but your posts sure come across that way.

homer, sober up.

I am talking specifically about the Ferguson mess. That has NOTHING TO DO WITH GARNER, et al. NOTHING.

Why you continue to stereotype and smear everything together is beyond me. I am having a very specific conversation about the MSM handling of one event.

And yet you and a few others keep harping on it regardless of the thread topic. And it's been that way every since the determination was made it didn't happen.

Like I said, it comes across as a totem you are trying to use to discredit any general concern blacks may have about police abuse.

Maybe I am wrong about what you are really trying to accomplish by constantly bringing it up. But I cannot be wrong on the impression I get from it. So, if even I am wrong, I am doing you a favor by telling you.

That sounds like a personal problem to me.

If we allow lies to affect the way we discuss events without addressing the lies themselves, then what is the point?

Nothing means anything then. Just create another lie and hey maybe we can burn down a town, or kill a few innocent people for the sake of the narrative. Garner, martin, et all are completely different and are only joined in your poor little mind. I am addressing the national overreaction caused by some incredibly bad journalistic efforts of the MSM. At least the NYT and a few others have finally admitted the truth.

Are you not stunned that these people, the Congressional Staffers are so stupid that they buy into a completely BS narrative?

These folks will be running the country one day. We should all be scared that they do not care what the truth or what the reality is.

HUDS is specific to Ferguson, yes. They arent there just for Ferguson tho. But in THIS picture, they are focusing on HUDS.

I think you are wrong. And your post that goes with the picture is exactly what I am talking about.

THE narrative is HUDS. It was completely wrong but no one wants to admit it.

To be fair, some (very few) have finally admitted their mistake. On this forum, not so much.

To be fair, some (very few) have finally admitted their mistake. On this forum, not so much.

Are you implying certain individuals on this forum made a "mistake" regarding this topic?

If so, what was it?

homer, sober up.

That sounds like a personal problem to me.

If we allow lies to affect the way we discuss events without addressing the lies themselves, then what is the point?

Nothing means anything then. Just create another lie and hey maybe we can burn down a town, or kill a few innocent people for the sake of the narrative. Garner, martin, et all are completely different and are only joined in your poor little mind. I am addressing the national overreaction caused by some incredibly bad journalistic efforts of the MSM. At least the NYT and a few others have finally admitted the truth.

What sounds like a "personal problem"?

No you are wrong. But this, again, is exactly what I am talking about.

THE "narrative" is police mistreatment of blacks.

Ferguson was simply a high profile vehicle or symbol of that narrative. The adaptation of "hands up don't shoot" was because it was a catchy way of referring to that vehicle.

Now as it turns out, the Ferguson shooting was a very poor choice - which assumes a choice was made, since it may have happened on it's own - to use as a vehicle for the greater message, which is police treatment of blacks.

But the truth is, having that particular vehicle crash (to sustain the metaphor) doesn't change the basic reality of the real message - or basic narrative - of police mistreatment of blacks.

You seem to be thinking in terms of individual incidents, like when you (not me) protested you weren't talking about the Gardner incident (for example). To me, any given incident is just that. An independent incident that needs to be examined that way. But none of them completely defines the problem.

This is ultimately not about this incident, or that incident. It's about the cumulative reality of all of them.

I don't think I have heard anyone on this forum deny that problems with racially-biased behavior of police departments simply doesn't exist, even with the paucity of data. I trust you aren't making that argument, but the continuing focus on huds makes me wonder.

You certainly seem to think it has a greater significance than it does.

HUDS was the symbol used to promote the lie that it was widespread and systemic. When lies like that get accepted and promoted as truth then it fosters a climate of racial division. The vast majority of cops who are good get painted with that broad brush. It promotes incidents like the guy that killed the two NY police officers.

homer, sober up.

homer, how do you repeatedly and continually get things so freakin wrong?

Well then again we have the whole misquote me and alter my quotes to get to a conclusion that "ISIS =Islam." I never ever said that and repeatedly said just the opposite. You are doing the same thing again, like you always do, blindly rush to some crazy conclusion and then doggedly hang on to it until you have been renounced a dozen times or so even tho all the quotes and facts show just the opposite of your conclusion. It really boggles the mind how consistently you can read something and still manage to get it completely wrong. I have commented specifically and in detail on ONE thing. HUDS. I havent commented on Garner et all except to agree fully and openly that it was a bad event that should have not occurred. The law was wrong. The NYPD were wrong. It should not have even been an attempted arrest IMHO.

But when i talk specifically and in detail about one event, you run as always try and attach my comments to other events i am not referring to. You do this over and over and over.

No you are wrong. But this, again, is exactly what I am talking about.

THE "narrative" is police mistreatment of blacks.

THERE WAS NO MISTREATMENT OF BLACKS IN THE MICHAEL BROWN/HUDS EVENT!

Ferguson was simply a high profile vehicle or symbol of that narrative. The adaptation of "hands up don't shoot" was because it was a catchy way of referring to that vehicle.

HUDS WAS A COMPLETELY FALSE CHARACTERIZATION OF THE EVENT. IT NEVER HAPPENED.

Now as it turns out, the Ferguson shooting was a very poor choice - which assumes a choice was made, since it may have happened on it's own - to use as a vehicle for the greater message, which is police treatment of blacks.

But the truth is, having that particular vehicle crash (to sustain the metaphor) doesn't change the basic reality of the real message - or basic narrative - of police mistreatment of blacks.

You seem to be thinking in terms of individual incidents, like when you (not me) protested you weren't talking about the Gardner incident (for example). To me, any given incident is just that. An independent incident that needs to be examined that way. But none of them completely defines the problem.

This is ultimately not about this incident, or that incident. It's about the cumulative reality of all of them.

I don't think I have heard anyone on this forum deny that problems with racially-biased behavior of police departments simply doesn't exist, even with the paucity of data. I trust you aren't making that argument, but the continuing focus on huds makes me wonder.

You certainly seem to think it has a greater significance than it does.

The mistreatment of blacks was known and was being discussed LONG before Ferguson.

There is story after story, case after case. This isnt something that just appeared on the horizon with Ferguson.

HUDS was a flamethrower aimed at a man that was guilty of nothing more than doing his job that day.

To use HUDS is to cause injustice for him and to perpetuate more injustice on top of the great injustice already done to the Black Community in America.

Look, we are either gonna tell it truthfully or not. There is no in between here.

HUDS is :bs: To keep using it, to keep referring to it as anything more than :bs: , is to damage the cause in the long run.

There are way too many more things to be said and used as rallying points.

Jamar Nicholson

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-teen-shot-lapd-replica-guns-20150212-story.html#page=1

Tamir Rice

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7275297/tamir-rice-police-shooting

Akai Gurley

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7275297/tamir-rice-police-shooting

ETC ETC ETC

DKW, it's obvious that we are talking past each other. I don't know what else to say.

For example:

Homer: THE "narrative" is police mistreatment of blacks.

DKW: THERE WAS NO MISTREATMENT OF BLACKS IN THE MICHAEL BROWN/HUDS EVENT!

First, I didn't say or imply there was.

But the protests in Ferguson and nation wide were fueled by the underlying police mistreatment that does exist and has occured in Ferguson and elsewhere.

Again, I thought I made that plain in earlier posts.

But this illustrates (again) what I am talking about. You are focused on the false details of this one incident to imply all of these protests lack any moral basis.

Again, that's the way it comes across to me because the same theme gets repeated. And the rest of your post reveals the emotional obsession you have with this:

"HUDS was a flamethrower aimed at a man that was guilty of nothing more than doing his job that day."

That implies black people invented the phrase as a weapon to wield against an innocent man. Is that what you believe? Do you really not see that your words imply that?

Frankly, I am almost at a loss. I can't seem to get you to see my position. Not that I expect you to agree with it, I'd just like for you to understand what I am saying. Your responses clearly indicate you don't get it, and I suppose that's my fault.

I am looking at the problem from the big picture to the individual incidents, and you are focusing on the incidents and projecting your conclusions to the big picture.

Are you implying certain individuals on this forum made a "mistake" regarding this topic?

If so, what was it?

Absolutely! HUDS stood alone initially. When it became apparent it was a lie, the national media and their parrots tried to tie it to the larger issue that is racial inequality in law enforcement practice. It was, in my opinion, their way to avoid admittance of their biased false reporting. Very few have "manned up" to tell the real truth much less admit their error. And that definitely includes persons on this forum.

If so, what was it?

Absolutely! HUDS stood alone initially. When it became apparent it was a lie, the national media and their parrots tried to tie it to the larger issue that is racial inequality in law enforcement practice. It was, in my opinion, their way to avoid admittance of their biased false reporting. Very few have "manned up" to tell the real truth much less admit their error. And that definitely includes persons on this forum.

I don't really understand what you are charging but it sounds, let us say, disturbing. But it sounds like you have a lot in common with DKW.

FWIW, I guess I am isolated, but I wasn't even aware that 'HUDS' was a totem until it showed up so much on this forum. I guess it must have been a cable "news" phenomenon, which would explain how I could miss it.

So, I don't know who you are talking about on this forum "not admitting their error", but it sure ain't me.

DKW, it's obvious that we are talking past each other. I don't know what else to say.

For example:

But the protests in Ferguson and nation wide were fueled by the underlying police mistreatment that does exist and has occured in Ferguson and elsewhere.

But this illustrates (again) what I am talking about. You are focused on the false details of this one incident to imply all of these protests lack any moral basis.

Again, that's the way it comes across to me because the same theme gets repeated. And the rest of your post reveals the emotional obsession you have with this:

"HUDS was a flamethrower aimed at a man that was guilty of nothing more than doing his job that day."

That implies black people invented the phrase as a weapon to wield against an innocent man. Is that what you believe? Do you really not see that your words imply that?

(I never implied that either.)

Frankly, I am almost at a loss. I can't seem to get you to see my position. Not that I expect you to agree with it, I'd just like for you to understand what I am saying. Your responses clearly indicate you don't get it, and I suppose that's my fault.

I am looking at the problem from the big picture to the individual incidents, and you are focusing on the incidents and projecting your conclusions to the big picture.

homer i did not say any of that. There has never been a more :bs: comment ever made on this board. I have never condemend or done anything but support the rest of the "Blacks Being Treated Unfairly Mantra." I have kept my HUDS based on one singular event. You are the one that untruthfully keeps trying to attach my words to things i never said nor implied.

But that is just SSDD for you.

For example:

(I never implied that either.)

homer i did not say any of that. There has never been a more :bs: comment ever made on this board. I have never condemend or done anything but support the rest of the "Blacks Being Treated Unfairly Mantra." I have kept my HUDS based on one singular event. You are the one that untruthfully keeps trying to attach my words to things i never said nor implied.

But that is just SSDD for you.

I didn't say you "said" it, I said you implied it. You imply it with repetition of the same message.

And I am not being "untruthful". I am honestly telling you that is the implication I am reading. Now maybe I am wrong. I can't possibly know for sure what your mind is, I can only tell you the impression it gives me.

Maybe I am the only one who gets that impression, but I doubt it. I think you are blind to it.

"HUD used as a flame-thrower...." says it all. And you refuse to see that as a direct implication that it was deliberately used as a weapon? :dunno:

But enough for me. Call it BS if it makes you feel better. Just don't impugn my honesty.

If so, what was it?

I don't really understand what you are charging but it sounds, let us say, disturbing. But it sounds like you have a lot in common with DKW.

FWIW, I guess I am isolated, but I wasn't even aware that 'HUDS' was a totem until it showed up so much on this forum. I guess it must have been a cable "news" phenomenon, which would explain how I could miss it.

So, I don't know who you are talking about on this forum "not admitting their error", but it sure ain't me.

Whether intentional or not, you are lumping HUDS into a larger systemic issue. Again, HUDS began alone. A single issue. A single lie. It was later when it grew into BLM. If you can't comprehend that fact, well frankly, I am almost at a loss.

If so, what was it?

Whether intentional or not, you are lumping HUDS into a larger systemic issue. Again, HUDS began alone. A single issue. A single lie. It was later when it grew into BLM. If you can't comprehend that fact, well frankly, I am almost at a loss.

Well, consider yourself at a complete lost. I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

I don't even know what BLM is.

If so, what was it?

Well, consider yourself at a complete lost. I have no idea what you are talking about. :dunno:

:blink:

15713475938_299bf78d0b.jpg

If so, what was it?

Well, if we are to be honest, it is not the first time you've posted numerous times on something you did not fully understand. But, assuming you are a white male, I'll give you a pass. BTW, Black Lives Matter.

If so, what was it?

:blink:

15713475938_299bf78d0b.jpg

Told you I was isolated.

But I do recall hearing that outside of this forum.

If so, what was it?

Well, if we are to be honest, it is not the first time you've posted numerous times on something you did not fully understand. But, assuming you are a white male, I'll give you a pass. BTW, Black Lives Matter.

Not recognizing an acronym is not understanding what? What is it I am posting on that I "don't fully understand"?

If so, what was it?

Not recognizing an acronym is not understanding what? What is it I am posting on that I "don't fully understand"?

Forget the acronym dude. The entire HUDS chronology has you perplexed at best. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems you are parroting views on the matter.

Forget the acronym dude. The entire HUDS chronology has you perplexed at best. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems you are parroting views on the matter.

I forgive you.

Archived