AU Players

So five minutes until this thread gets locked I'm sure. However, I wanted to know what the consequences are for the players who got in trouble this off-season. Anyone know?

24 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

So five minutes until this thread gets locked I'm sure. However, I wanted to know what the consequences are for the players who got in trouble this off-season. Anyone know?

It was reported by 247 likely no more than a half if at all as far as on field goes.

3 minutes ago, Shift said:

I, for one, am glad they aren't telling us..........................

You'd have people screaming from both sides whether or not the punishment was justified. 

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Won't know until game time if we know anything at all. Been the standard for a while now. 

Nick Marshall's suspension for the same offense was announced 8/1/14.

42 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Nick Marshall's suspension for the same offense was announced 8/1/14.

Okay, that's one example of them announcing a punishment early on. But the normal case is handled internally or announced at game time. 

Nick Marshall missed a half. Mincy missed one series.

I'm assuming here but...if JJ had not played his butt off in that Arky game, NM also would've been suspended for a series or so as well.

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No missed time per Marcello. 

Yep.  Not a fan of this but I understand and I am not surprised.  We need them against Clemson and Gus needs to win.  I hope their internal discipline is more effective than Duke's internal discipline from last fall camp.

wde

24 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Wasn't it a first offense for all of them? Why punish a first offense publicly? Good call on Gus

Time will tell. If they screw up again he will be the devil. I think it was worth the shot though. 

I agree with CGM's decision. Look at all the other teams.  There is video of Jefferey Simmons of MSU beating a woman on the ground and he is suspended one game.  Not even comparable to a misdemeanor marijuana possession 

I think there needs to be a set of rules provided by either SEC or NCAA regarding suspension times for various crimes in order to level the playing field.

47 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I agree with CGM's decision. Look at all the other teams.  There is video of Jefferey Simmons of MSU beating a woman on the ground and he is suspended one game.  Not even comparable to a misdemeanor marijuana possession 

I think there needs to be a set of rules provided by either SEC or NCAA regarding suspension times for various crimes in order to level the playing field.

Ignoring all of the other teams, the situation didn't yield itself very well to serious punishment.  With a misdemeanor weed charge, you're likely looking at one guy carrying and 3 guys in the wrong place at the wrong time. Suspending players for riding in a car would definitely not send the right message and they certainly can't prove who the one carrying was. 

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Ignoring all of the other teams, the situation didn't yield itself very well to serious punishment.  With a misdemeanor weed charge, you're likely looking at one guy carrying and 3 guys in the wrong place at the wrong time. Suspending players for riding in a car would definitely not send the right message and they certainly can't prove who the one carrying was. 

If we would only just legalize weed. It would solve that issue & Alabama would  make a crap ton of money. Not a political statement. Just a snarky joke.

20258295-mmmain.png

Auburn football players Jeremiah Dinson, Ryan Davis, Carlton Davis and Byron Cowart were arrested for possession of marijuana in April. (Illustration by Wes Sinor/wsinor@al.com)

The four Auburn football players arrested for possession of marijuana in April will not miss any playing time.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said cornerbacks Carlton Davis and Jeremiah Dinson, defensive end Byron Cowart and wide receiver Ryan Davis, have all been "punished" for their arrests on misdemeanor possession of marijuana during a traffic stop on April 30 in Auburn.

"Those four young men made a mistake; we punished them and they won't miss any time," Malzahn said at SEC Media Days at the Wynfrey hotel in Hoover on Monday. "That's behind us. They're four fine young men, they made a mistake and I'm confident that they won't make any more."

Malzahn declined to elaborate as to what the punishment entailed for the players, all of whom are entering their sophomore seasons at Auburn.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/07/4_auburn_players_arrested_will_not_miss_playing_time.html#incart_river_index

14 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I think we should all also consider that these guys put in a lot of hard work in the hot sun while we sit in the A/C all day. I should also add there was no evidence they had weed in the car or on their person.

Archived