La'el Collins

Rabern57

I honestly think either Robinson or Collins could play guard, and I seem to remember Collins actually being more intrigued by the two open guard positions that Berry and Isom will leave open than the one tackle spot being left open by Ziemba.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think either Robinson or Collins could play guard, and I seem to remember Collins actually being more intrigued by the two open guard positions that Berry and Isom will leave open than the one tackle spot being left open by Ziemba.

What's the depth chart like at LSU for the OL?

This is STRICTLY IMO, but I think that GR would make a VERY good OG!

Correct me if im wrong but i think ESPN and Scout have GR listed as a guard.

Even though he has the build and measurables of an OT, I think he is definitely versatile and athletic enough to make a transition to OG. Greg is very talented but still raw because he hasn't played on the OL long enough to pick up as many bad habits, as far as bad technique and improper fundamentals. He moved to the OL from the defensive side of the ball as a junior in high school. I still see him as a OT and I think that is the position he has said he wants to play but we shall see. I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing OG.

Only losing one player in the two deep next year. Several sophomores and juniors.

Only losing one player in the two deep next year. Several sophomores and juniors.

That's gotta help AUr cause. Thx for the info

this is news to me. I will see what I can find out here about this situation.

Championships are won on the line of scrimmage folks and a class that could include the

following: OL La'El Collins, OL Greg Robinson, OL Shon Coleman, OL Reese Dismukes, OL Thomas O'Reilly, DT Gabe Wright, DT Angelo Blackson, DL Jabarian Niles, DE Ray Drew, and DE Keymiya Harrell would be arguably the best line class signed in Auburn history.

This^ would be totally sweet.

The coaching staff has done a tremendous job recruiting thus far. Let's hope they continue to do so. I see no reason why they won't. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.

War Eagle.

MM

Ok, the real test of this is if there are indications of a pending meltdown on TD.  Someone who has recently been immunized can go over there and see if it is even on their radar.  Make sure you wash good when you get back and leave your boots at the door!  laugh.gif

They say La'el was at practice yesterday and is as big a LSU lock as they have ever had and is recruiting for LSU.

so was Trovon :-X

They say La'el was at practice yesterday and is as big a LSU lock as they have ever had and is recruiting for LSU.

Same morons that were saying Robinson was a lock the past 30 days.

Same morons that were saying Robinson was a lock the past 30 days.

:cool:

Collins hasn't decommited...I've gotta say getting him is a very long shot (not saying our coaches can't)....that being said if we got a commitment from Collins that would be the biggest recruiting coup this staff has had to date.

:believe:  :wareagle:

Ok, the real test of this is if there are indications of a pending meltdown on TD.  Someone who has recently been immunized can go over there and see if it is even on their radar.  Make sure you wash good when you get back and leave your boots at the door!  laugh.gif

Really, what should we expect them to be saying? These are the same people that absolutely trashed GR for choosing us and said they would rather have Spencer Region instead. About Collins, they're saying we're trying to buy him like we did Greg. I can't hardly go to TD anymore. After the Cam allegations broke, it has been one big hate fest and almost unbearable to just lurk. I have wanted to sign up many times and express my thoughts but I end up talking myself out of it. Its would be way more hassle than its worth. They believe what they want to hear, not the truth, and want everything that is bad in the world to happen to AU. Haters

Really, what should we expect them to be saying? These are the same people that absolutely trashed GR for choosing us and said they would rather have Spencer Region instead. About Collins, they're saying we're trying to buy him like we did Greg. I can't hardly go to TD anymore. After the Cam allegations broke, it has been one big hate fest and almost unbearable to just lurk. I have wanted to sign up many times and express my thoughts but I end up talking myself out of it. Its would be way more hassle than its worth. They believe what they want to hear, not the truth, and want everything that is bad in the world to happen to AU. Haters

so true...

Collins hasn't decommited...I've gotta say getting him is a very long shot (not saying our coaches can't)....that being said if we got a commitment from Collins that would be the biggest recruiting coup this staff has had to date.

:believe:  :wareagle:

Well DJ said we have basically pulled even and I think we have all learned by now to trust the Hatch Man.

From experience, it's best to stay away from there. Even when you are clearly superior to those idiots, there are enough of them throwing enough idiotic barbs that it wears you down, no matter what.

this is news to me. I will see what I can find out here about this situation.

Championships are won on the line of scrimmage folks and a class that could include the

following: OL La'El Collins, OL Greg Robinson, OL Shon Coleman, OL Reese Dismukes, OL Thomas O'Reilly, DT Gabe Wright, DT Angelo Blackson, DL Jabarian Niles, DE Ray Drew, and DE Keymiya Harrell would be arguably the best line class signed in Auburn history.

Since this staff has come in, we sure have seen the phrase "best in Auburn history" a lot.

This is definitely a great time to be an Auburn Tiger.

From experience, it's best to stay away from there. Even when you are clearly superior to those idiots, there are enough of them throwing enough idiotic barbs that it wears you down, no matter what.

I am jethro, and I approve of this post!

LOL

I know most have been saying that during the All Star games we are going to get quite a few of the top players, but for the life of me I do not know why we are having such a tough time getting commits this year! Last year recruiting seemed to be much less problematic.  With this year  and all of the success AU is having, you would think recruits would want to come a play for a team that was supposed to finish fourth or fifth in the SEC, who are the SEC Champs and playing for the National Championship!

What's holding the recruits back? Is it the Cam scandal (which is totally BS)?? The prospect of Malzahn leaving (which ain't gonna happen)? What?

Auburn is the cream of the crop right now and the future never looked brighter.  What's holding these recruits back?

I know most have been saying that during the All Star games we are going to get quite a few of the top players, but for the life of me I do not know why we are having such a tough time getting commits this year! Last year recruiting seemed to be much less problematic.  With this year  and all of the success AU is having, you would think recruits would want to come a play for a team that was supposed to finish fourth or fifth in the SEC, who are the SEC Champs and playing for the National Championship!

What's holding the recruits back? Is it the Cam scandal (which is totally BS)?? The prospect of Malzahn leaving (which ain't gonna happen)? What?

Auburn is the cream of the crop right now and the future never looked brighter.  What's holding these recruits back?

I hear and share your sentiments/concerns and can play devil's advocate to this with a few points, but to compliment this, I would think the depth chart would have to be a stronger selling point than the SEC/National Championship pitch, but couple those two things together, and you have yourself a pretty compelling situation to sell. I'm no insider, nor do I pretend to know anything about recruiting, but I believe there is a good amount of risk with the whole silent commit thing. Yeah, I know, trust the coaches and all that and I do. But I liken the silent commit and take all your visits approach to an official review of a play (say a called touch down on the field) to recruiting; once verbally committed, a recruit would have to have, in their own mind, indisputable evidence to overrule their call/commitment through the process of looking at other programs, having once publicly and verbalized their commitment to a program. I'd think there's a certain level of discomfort/trouble that they wouldn't want to go through by reneging on a prior publicly verbalized commitment such that they would require a pretty compelling reason to jump ship to another program, had they publicly verbalized a commitment in the past, and not stayed silent. Thoughts?

I hear and share your sentiments/concerns and can play devil's advocate to this with a few points, but to compliment this, I would think the depth chart would have to be a stronger selling point than the SEC/National Championship pitch, but couple those two things together, and you have yourself a pretty compelling situation to sell. I'm no insider, nor do I pretend to know anything about recruiting, but I believe there is a good amount of risk with the whole silent commit thing. Yeah, I know, trust the coaches and all that and I do. But I liken the silent commit and take all your visits approach to an official review of a play (say a called touch down on the field) to recruiting; once verbally committed, a recruit would have to have, in their own mind, indisputable evidence to overrule their call/commitment through the process of looking at other programs, having once publicly and verbalized their commitment to a program. I'd think there's a certain level of discomfort/trouble that they wouldn't want to go through by reneging on a prior publicly verbalized commitment such that they would require a pretty compelling reason to jump ship to another program, had they publicly verbalized a commitment in the past, and not stayed silent. Thoughts?

You are giving way to much credit to the mind and psychology of 18 year old kids. What you say is true for some kids but probably not the majority. Recruiting is about the relationships the recruits build with Coaches. So a silent commit to a kid who thinks like you say is just as strong as a public commit because he would be reneging on coaches he has spent the last 2 years developing a deep relationship with. That would not be easy for a recruit to do...Now to both posts. Almost all the players we are recruiting have said publicly they will announce at an all star game, in january after they have taken all their visits, or on or near NSD...So please be patient, stay positive, and enjoy the ride.

im about to turn 16 in May, i can relate to these kids.

No offense my young Padawan. Look forward to seeing you on the plains in a couple years.

im about to turn 16 in May, i can relate to these kids.

No offense my young Padawan. Look forward to seeing you on the plains in a couple years.

I know me personally...i would pick the school that feels like home to me, where ik id have a great chance to win championchips AND play...but yet again, thats just me :tease:

Archived