Letdown after big win?

StatTiger

1999:

Auburn beats #16 UGA followed up with a loss to #8 Alabama the following week. In fairness to the 1999 team, Alabama was just a better team in terms of depth and talent and we actually played a solid first half against Alabama. I would not consider it a letdown.

2000:

Auburn beats #19 Ole Miss followed up with another solid victory over a 8-4 LSU team the following week. We win two more games after the LSU victory before being thumped by MSU. Once again, I don't see a letdown but we were clearly out-coached against the Maroon Dogs. :unsure:

We beat #14 Georgia followed up with a 9-0 victory over Alabama. We get spanked in the SECCG against UF and play well enough to beat a good Michigan team. I don't see a letdown here because UF was the better team.

2001:

Big win over #1 Florida followed up by a close call with La.Tech and a blowout loss to Arkansas. No doubt, major letdown here! :(

We beat #17 Georgia followed up with a 31-7 thrashing by an average Alabama team. Another letdown. :(

2002:

After a big OT victory over Syracuse, Arkansas spanks us again. Letdown :(

We beat #10 LSU followed up by a victory over a solid Ole Miss team.

We beat #7 Alabama, followed up with a victory over #10 Penn State. Best closure to a season under Tuberville.

2003:

After beating #7 Tennessee, we defeated #7 Arkansas on the road. The victory over the Hogs is followed up by a victory over MSU. We eventually close the season with losses to LSU and Georgia but I would not consider those letdown losses. Better prepared and coached? Yes.

Final Thoughts:

I think this year's team is closer to being like the 2002 team than any other squad. I believe that we will see our team soundly prepared for each game, giving us a chance to beat anyone on our schedule. LSU just might be the best defense we face all year but they were not the best offense. Tennessee will be the first real test of our defense. LSU is struggling right now and are feeling the same problems we had last year.

WDE

Archived