OKAY,how does everyone rate the new OC

tombigbeetiger

3 games into the season?....i gave him an A- because there are hardly any motion,illegal subs,ect this year.....i am still not happy down in the red zone,but overall, it is so much better than last year....play calling is much better,also

With everything I have seen...A+ not exagerating-this offense is dramatically better than last year's hoping something would happen. We did shoot ourselves in the foot against LSU but overall our offense has done really well. Borges has put Campbell in a position to be very dangerous.

I will also go with an A-. The only reasons being the questionable goal line call, and the fact that there's still quite a bit of room for improvement.

I give Al an A and his wife an A+

LINK on the wife???

I've only heard rumors.... :D

I think he's done great so far.

The one thing that's irked me though is the passing we're doing WITHIN the 5 yard line. We have the best one-two punch at running back in college football and you're telling me that throwing on the 5 (@MSU) and throwing on the 3 (vs LSU) is a better decision than letting the Caddy or the Escalade take it in? I think not...a HUGE not.

Other than that, I'm loving all these motions we're doing. We really took LSU out of their comfort zone with all that movement.

I'd say a solid A, with a little to go for the A+.

I would like to see a little bit more of a play action to CW or RB and a dump to the others. Send a WR long, just for a quick toss if it's broken coverage. That'd slow down anyone trying to stack the box.

He has done awesome with the playcalls, and our offense is much less predictable. I love it.

I'd say a solid A, with a little to go for the A+.

I would like to see a little bit more of a play action to CW or RB and a dump to the others. Send a WR long, just for a quick toss if it's broken coverage. That'd slow down anyone trying to stack the box.

He has done awesome with the playcalls, and our offense is much less predictable. I love it.

Less predictable - yes. But I still feel like he's holding something back. Ol' Borges wouldn't be doing that for the UT game, would he? I can't imagine he held much back when he needed a score at the end of that LSU game...

With as close as that game was I can't imagine he held anything back. But that doesn't mean he won't add something new before Knoxville ;)

I'll give him a B+ just so he'll have reason to pull that grade up!

We were not an offensive juggernaut (sp?) at the LSU game. Didn't the beavers show LSU to be vulnerable to the pass? Why didn't we pass more?

The bottom line is that had we not scored at the end, many on this board would not be so happy w/ Al. He'd be looking at C- all around. I don't agree with the thought process, but it's reality.

Definite A. He has not shown a large percentage of the whole offense YET.

The players seem to LOVE this sytem. THAT helps get RECRUITS. Gotta' know that wrs and qbs are excited about playing in this system.

IF we continue to progress, we could have our best offense in many years.

Again, time will tell.

The thing that I've been impressed with is the fact that when something isn't working, he stops doing it. I firmly believe that last year, it took me threating to throw an Alabama fan off the top of the upper deck if we ran the three year curl on third and long again, to get Auburn to stop doing it.

A-. He did make a questionable call on the goal line against LSU and if we didn't score in the last minute and a half I would be upset. However, I think he is really handling the talent he has here very well and I think we could see some new stuff when we get to Knoxville.

Let's shoot for the A+.

WAR EAGLE!!!

I know that it is still early in the season...lots more mountains to climb.

But if you compare the general feeling on this thread to the early reaction to the hiring of CAB, you will find some interesting reading. Check out the "Al Borges is the O.C." thread in the Classics Forum.

While I didn't post on that thread, I will be the first to admit that I was underwhelmed at the thought of getting a guy from Indiana. But...

We've come a long way, baby! B)

:au: WAR EAGLE :au:

I would say an A-, too. I think coach has a number of tricks up his sleave. We still haven't seen Jason roll out very much. We've run some waggles but few if any true bootlegs. Here is a goal line/short yardage play to watch for - fake the toss sweep to Carnell or Ronnie then have Jason roll out on the naked boot. How many times did Steve Young score on that little play with the 'Niners?

I hope we see a few QB draws in the future as well.

The reduction in penalties - STUPID BONEHEAD penalties - alone is enough of a reason to grade him an A-/B+ - gotta encourage improvement! :D

Stat - what is Auburn's current penalty count/nature of same?

Every time I see a thread or a post praising CAB, I also think back to the CAB thread on the Classics Forum. When CAB was hired, I had never heard of him, so I decided to wait until he showed he could or couldn't be the OC that we needed. I'm not ready to give him an A yet. We score 10 points against a great defense, and were fortunate that the D held the LSU to nine (PATs not going to be mentioned). I will rate him on the curve system. Compared to last year, he gets an A+. Compared to Petrino, he gets a B. Compared to 2001 season, he gets an A. Averages out to a low A or high B.

Overall I'm extremely happy with what he has shown so far.

Let's see....

Last year we were 1-2

This year we are 3-0

Hmmmm, I can't make up my mind on this...someone help me. Al or Nall?

Not bad. Hopefully will get better. I like all the motion, but when the tight end starts and stops to stutter behind the line, you still know the ball is going his way on a run. There are still several times when you can see where the ball is going before the snap.

ill have to give Al an A. I have to say I was wondering about him when they hired him but now im very glad and proud to have him. I think he has done a wonderful job of disguising plays, and using both Carnell and Ronnie. Two things we were not so great with doing last year. Good Job Al!

I have been reading this board for over a year and haven't felt the need to post until now. I have been highly impressed with this offense. I consider myself a wishbone lover. I like to see us run, run, run. CABs offense though, is very entertaining and keeps enough of that smashmouth football that I love to watch. I was happy with our offense whether we won or lost the LSU game. It was just so much different than last years.

A- but only because there is always room for improvement.

AuburnJumpmaster

Archived