Who's suprised about this one?

BamaGrad03

Allow me to be a voice of dissent here, but it seems like this guy isn't just some thug...he was chemically imbalanced. I mean, the whole throwing your shorts in the air, slitting your own wrist stuff is the mark of someone who needs medication, not punishment.

I'd just be sure someone is holding him accountable on taking his meds and such, but giving a guy another chance in that situation seems like an OK thing to do, IMO.

I agree with you guys. He should NOT be on the team no mater what his "medical condition" is.

This sends a very bad message to kids and puts a bad light on all college football and especially UT.

Bad decision Phil.

:(

While I agree that he is just not some thug, it doesn't seem wise to me to put a mentally unbalanced guy out there to play a violent, physical, and emotional game like football. His Meds keep him stable in everyday situations, but I would hate to be in his way if he gets "excited" and the chemicals can't keep up.

Guy sounds like he is bi-polar. If he is, it would take him about a month to correctly be medicated with lithum. This appears to be what happened from what little I've read. He'll return as "normal" if anyone can tell me exactly what "normal" is....

Archived