why not kneel before the half?

AUHansel

does anyone know why or have any theories on why we were going for deep passes at the end of the half? I don't know if they were thinking about taking the starters out at the beginning of the third or what, but I just wasnt sure what they were thinking. i dont think it was a good idea because there was no point and someone could have gotten injured.

Why were they any more likely to get injured taking a few shots downfield then than they were playing two-thirds of the third quarter after that? I think initially they were just going to run the ball and let the clock go, but Cadillac busted one for about 15 yds. Suddenly, they were within a couple of throws of FG range so they decided to go for it.

No biggie either way, IMO.

Why were they any more likely to get injured taking a few shots downfield then than they were playing two-thirds of the third quarter after that?  I think initially they were just going to run the ball and let the clock go, but Cadillac busted one for about 15 yds.  Suddenly, they were within a couple of throws of FG range so they decided to go for it.

No biggie either way, IMO.

109806[/snapback]

i dont think they were any more likely to get injured but i just thought it was an unecessary risk when we're already up 24 - 0.

I couldn't disagree more. Opportunities like that are like practice - you have to work on stuff like that - and gametime opportunities are better.

Just think . .we were up 24-7 on UT when we went deep to RB on the wheel route and no one complained . . . ;)

I couldn't disagree more.  Opportunities like that are like practice - you have to work on stuff like that - and gametime opportunities are better. 

Just think  . .we were up 24-7 on UT when we went deep to RB on the wheel route and no one complained . . . ;)

109809[/snapback]

completely different situation. that was vs. a highly ranked opponent in one of the most hostile stadiums in the country. we needed to get all we could early so they didn't have a chance to come back.

I still don't think it matters either way. I don't think it was any more unnecessary than bringing them back out to play more in the third quarter for as long as they did.

Wow we cant ever just be happy about the win we always have to find something wrong.......this is bogus....

Took the chance to run the two minute drill in a game situation.

Decided to see what it would be like not to have the crowd boo at the end of the first half for taking a knee rather than airing it out.

What I really think happened was this:

Borges " We to the lead coach, wanna just run her up the gut, or take a knee and get into the locker room?"

Tuberville " Whats the score in the UGA/Tenn game?"

Chizik "Hang on........... Tenn is up"

Tuberville " hmmm"

Borges " coach?"

Tuberville " Go deep"

Borges " Eh?"

Tuberville " Air it out man"

Borges " Well, ok if thats what you want, but what about the internet message boards?"

Tuberville " I am, I'd hate to lose my job cause I didn't give them something to bitch about"

Borges " Z-38 Take-off, signal it in"

Took the chance to run the two minute drill in a game situation.

Decided to see what it would be like not to have the crowd boo at the end of the first half for taking a knee rather than airing it out.

What I really think happened was this:

Borges " We to the lead coach, wanna just run her up the gut, or take a knee and get into the locker room?"

Tuberville " Whats the score in the UGA/Tenn game?"

Chizik "Hang on........... Tenn is up"

Tuberville " hmmm"

Borges " coach?"

Tuberville " Go deep"

Borges " Eh?"

Tuberville " Air it out man"

Borges " Well, ok if thats what you want, but what about the internet message boards?"

Tuberville " I am, I'd hate to lose my job cause I didn't give them something to bitch about"

Borges " Z-38 Take-off, signal it in"

109842[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Good one, Tex. That sounds about right.

Kneeling is for somebody with a conscience,and personally I don't have one when it comes to football.Run up the score and everybody is like "well remember that next year" well if you and your team would remember to play this year you wouldn't have to.SO if you CAN score then SCORE.

What seemed a little weird to me was that we seemed to not want to throw the ball deep AT ALL in the 1st half. Then we run the ball on the first play with a little more than 30 seconds left in the half. I guess they thought we might surprise la tech. Then we finally start throwing the ball deep. I thought we shoulda knelt on the last play because there was very little chance of anything working at that point.

I'm sure the coaches know what they are doing , but that sequence seemed a little weird.

Archived