THE ASYLUM

bigbird

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The original asylum started probably 3 years earlier and was the absolute best thread ever. The original poster somehow got butt hurt and deleted it so we started round 2.

I've never strived to be a HC. Maybe a DC, but I've always just wanted to be the absolute best secondary coach there is.

@augolf1716

Was that weegle who deleted it?? God the memory of Midnight and whatever names he used

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Was that weegle who deleted it?? God the memory of Midnight and whatever names he used

...and Linda Mae delenbrach

I really couldn't remember. I was hoping you remembered. I know that's a complete reversal of roles for us.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@augolf1716

Who would you hand out cells to now?  

72, Loof, Gwill, Maverick, and Britt would've all fit in the original way too well.

kevon maybe shocks my brain.................

mikey I kid I kid

• Haha 1

kevon maybe shocks my brain.................

mikey I kid I kid

...and Red too

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

...and Linda Mae delenbrach

I really couldn't remember. I was hoping you remembered. I know that's a complete reversal of roles for us.

Drawing a blank on the rest of his names at the moment. On the tip of my tongue damn 

Drawing a blank on the rest of his names at the moment. On the tip of my tongue damn 

There were too many. He kept changing them to match his newest band name

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

WHERE THE HELL AM I WHAT IS GOING ON

GUYS????

Pssssst..........you gonna finish them ramen noodles?

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Something tells me I have 587 pages of posts to read

Then you'll really need to be in an asylum lol

---------------------

I should update myself. The year ended up going really well (with the wrestling team). We won three different events and came in second three times. we didn't finish in the top 5 at anything the previous season. We had a freshman place 5th at state and a sophomore with very little experience managed to qualify for state along with two seniors who qualified. Unfortunately, our area is still recovering from hurricane Michael and it's looking like 500-600 teaching jobs are about to be lost due to a lack of funding (based off number of students which has obviously decreased dramatically). The community feels largely forgotten by politicians and the country as a whole.

Looking like I might be out of a job myself which is unfortunate considering the huge leap we made as a team this year and I've been rated "highly effective" my first two years of teaching. The possibility of me having to find a new job has really hurt offseason attendance at practices and tournaments. Just gotta keep marching on until it's official.

Bright side, looks like there is a position about 30 minutes west from here at a school rather interested in hiring me. Only thing is I'd essentially be starting from scratch (their program has never won the district let alone sent kids to state). Could be fun, change happens for a reason I suppose.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Then you'll really need to be in an asylum lol

---------------------

I should update myself. The year ended up going really well (with the wrestling team). We won three different events and came in second three times. we didn't finish in the top 5 at anything the previous season. We had a freshman place 5th at state and a sophomore with very little experience managed to qualify for state along with two seniors who qualified. Unfortunately, our area is still recovering from hurricane Michael and it's looking like 500-600 teaching jobs are about to be lost due to a lack of funding (based off number of students which has obviously decreased dramatically). The community feels largely forgotten by politicians and the country as a whole.

Looking like I might be out of a job myself which is unfortunate considering the huge leap we made as a team this year and I've been rated "highly effective" my first two years of teaching. The possibility of me having to find a new job has really hurt offseason attendance at practices and tournaments. Just gotta keep marching on until it's official.

Bright side, looks like there is a position about 30 minutes west from here at a school rather interested in hiring me. Only thing is I'd essentially be starting from scratch (their program has never won the district let alone sent kids to state). Could be fun, change happens for a reason I suppose.

Lots of jobs in Texas...I'm just saying

• Love 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:06 PM, McLoofus said:

Something tells me I have 587 pages of posts to read

Be glad, the original had over 1100 pages

• Sad 1

On 4/24/2019 at 8:15 AM, McLoofus said:

WHERE THE HELL AM I WHAT IS GOING ON

GUYS????

Pssst... there's someone leering behind you.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Lots of jobs in Texas...I'm just saying

Lots of big bass as well...........ahhhhh to be on Fork or Falcon right now.

• Like 1

We live on a lake just north of Houston. The white bass spawn is mid-march/early April.   They taste so good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I find myself hoping it's Rafi... and not... that other guy...

I don't think he ever came in here and if he did he got chased of really quickly.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@GwillMac6 you have been been awarded a cell. Find it and decorate as you please.

e.gif

creed.gif

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

k.gif

WHOA!!!  A blast from the past resurfaces!!   The original Asylum did not start out as The Asylum. I forgot what it was called originally.  It started on the old Auburn Eagle Forums.  Some of us would randomly go in and change the name to something totally off the wall and see how long it took for the regulars to find it.  We finally settled on The Asylum because it fit perfectly.  I was so mad when the original thread was deleted.   😡

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

WHOA!!!  A blast from the past resurfaces!!   The original Asylum did not start out as The Asylum. I forgot what it was called originally.  It started on the old Auburn Eagle Forums.  Some of us would randomly go in and change the name to something totally off the wall and see how long it took for the regulars to find it.  We finally settled on The Asylum because it fit perfectly.  I was so mad when the original thread was deleted.   😡

Hahaha I forgot about the random name changes.