THE ASYLUM

bigbird

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Y'all ever had a little one break up a marital argument? Man. That's a lesson. And one that Mrs. Loof and I took to heart big time. 

Humbling...

• Like 1

Just now, bigbird said:

James turns 13 today 

HBD James! Mrs. Loof turns 40 today. Solid day. 

We did most of our celebrating last weekend. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Back in the day, and I’m probably younger than Mikey (not by much), but if you did one thing that was frowned upon you were marked for life.  Times have changed and it is difficult to reset, unless you have kids, they will teach you to never give up on somebody.

This^^^^^^^^^..........When I played pee wee football we were running drills(pretty sure long been outlawed) where you an opponent lay on your back opposite one another.........coach blows whistle and you get to your feet one guy gets ball and you meet in the middle full speed.......like 2 big horner rams.....I got knocked on my ass and when dad picked me up from practice I wanted to quit..........dad wouldnt let me...........told me I didnt have to play next year....but had to finish season.........Mikey may be a little older than me but not much......We are from the same era or our parents were.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You summoned me? 

I hear from 62 occasionally. He is doing the dad thing and working.

Drac’s dad passed on last year so he is taking care of his mom.

And Telling Tiger left us. I’m still not over losing him. 

I heard about TT.  So sad.  I hear from AA occasionally.   AA, Drac  and 62 need to check in more often. It's good to know your true ID now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yep, we just have to listen and not think we know it all.

But we do know everything.  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

James turns 13 today 

I posted a happy birthday on Amanda's Facebook page this morning. 

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I do for damn sure just ask my wife

At you're age you've seen it all, so...

I had a couple of players from a few schools ago text me to tell James Happy Birthday. I though that was pretty cool and James just lit up hearing from them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

But we do know everything.  😉

True, never tell the kids any different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

True, never tell the kids any different.

True and I'm a bit of a hypocrite............straight as an arrow since age 26..........from 17-26 oh mama..........as long as they see the finished product..........no need to bring up 7 years of Chinese dry wall.......its way in the past and before their time.........now if they ask I will disclose selected tid bits.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

True and I'm a bit of a hypocrite............straight as an arrow since age 26..........from 17-26 oh mama..........as long as they see the finished product..........no need to bring up 7 years of Chinese dry wall.......its way in the past and before their time.........now if they ask I will disclose selected tid bits.

Be careful what you disclose.  Like a man once told me "anything you say can be used against you".  Wait, I shouldn't have disclosed that. 

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, bigbird said:

I had a couple of players from a few schools ago text me to tell James Happy Birthday. I though that was pretty cool and James just lit up hearing from them.

That's cool..........Do you coach HS football?.........learned many life lessons from my coaches..........from ball park through HS I still remember things from each that helped shaped me as a man to this day..............greatest thing about being a part of a team is family........you dont see color and your teammates are brothers in arms........you can get in a shoving match at practice because a teammate is getting the best of you that day..........let an opposing team player shove that teammate.......its like he shoved your mother.

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

That's cool..........Do you coach HS football?.........learned many life lessons from my coaches..........from ball park through HS I still remember things from each that helped shaped me as a man to this day..............greatest thing about being a part of a team is family........you dont see color and your teammates are brothers in arms........you can get in a shoving match at practice because a teammate is getting the best of you that day..........let an opposing team player shove that teammate.......its like he shoved your mother.

He coaches 12 years.........trust me

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yes, secondary coach at a 5A just north of Houston

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yes, secondary coach at a 5A just north of Houston

That's great BB........wish you all the best👍........I imagine football has changed a bit since I played......I imagine bull in the ring is long gone😂

Edited by kevon67

On 5/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, around4ever said:

I heard about TT.  So sad.  I hear from AA occasionally.   AA, Drac  and 62 need to check in more often. It's good to know your true ID now. 

I’m sure. Lol

Today is TT’s bday. 😔

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m sure. Lol

Today is TT’s bday. 😔

Loved that guy!  We didn't agree on most political things, but that's what made our relationship so good. We enjoyed eachother despite our differences and made sure to celebrate our similarities. He was loving and if he liked you, he would go out of his way to encourage you. If not, he would eviscerate you with poetic, rasor-filled brush strokes. He never let a week go by without asking about James, his condition, or how Amanda were handling things. A true friend

We tried so many times to get together for SXSW and never were able to. I wish we could've. We would've definitely have kept Austin weird.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, kevon67 said:

That's great BB........wish you all the best👍........I imagine football has changed a bit since I played......I imagine bull in the ring is long gone😂

Yeah, most of that has disappeared.  I still do a drill at the very beginning of our individual position segment that I learned from my DB coach. I stand in between two players, arms extended with my open hands on their facemasks. They push against my hands untill I feel enough push. I then let go, step back and they collide mask to mask with some anger...similar to big horned rams. 

LeftVariableElephant-max-1mb.gif

He did and I do it now, because it trains them to not be afraid of contact or close their eyes when approaching a tackle.  My secondary seldom have a missed tackle. We don't dive at knees and ankles! They always see where you're going, have their eyes locked, and are able to run through the tackle. I tell them to imagine a guy behind the runner and tackle him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Loved that guy!  We didn't agree on most political things, but that's what made our relationship so good. We enjoyed eachother despite our differences and made sure to celebrate our similarities. He was loving and if he liked you, he would go out of his way to encourage you. If not, he would eviscerate you with poetic, rasor-filled brush strokes. He never let a week go by without asking about James, his condition, or how Amanda were handling things. A true friend

We tried so many times to get together for SXSW and never were able to. I wish we could've. We would've definitely have kept Austin weird.

Well put...............always very kind to me..........reminded me of golf a bit in that both have a genuine kindness.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m sure. Lol

Today is TT’s bday. 😔

Always played Cat Stevens for his b'day...............he hated Cat...........it was a joke between us

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Well put...............always very kind to me..........reminded me of golf a bit in that both have a genuine kindness.

mad gran torino GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

He was loving and if he liked you, he would go out of his way to encourage you. If not, he would eviscerate you with poetic, rasor-filled brush strokes. He never let a week go by without asking about James, his condition, or how Amanda were handling things. A true friend

I enjoyed a similar friendship with him. I'm guessing a few of us did. Told that dude things I didn't tell my best friends. Wish I could have met him. 

And damn, he had some stories. 

• Like 1