THE ASYLUM

bigbird

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

@bigbird, this may be a dumb question; but how are coaches hired?  We, as fans, only can go by records, coaching style and perceived fit for the position.  When an AD does a search (or a search committee) do they include a coaches intended plans for a school based on personnel, recruiting strategies, in game decision making, etc?  Can an interview be set up to include scenario based questions?   I would hope Greene will bring a more refined interview process than what has been seen before.

Pedigree is definitely important especially if that pedigree includes some big time coaches at big time institutions. Heupel will be interesting to watch this year. It seemed he developed his backup QB enough to do an adequate job.

Interviews usually will have questions as far as where a coach sees a program, the direction they want to go, and how they plan on getting there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interviews usually will have questions as far as where a coach sees a program, the direction they want to go, and how they plan on getting there. 

Let me pose another thought; how different do you see AD Green approach to a coaching hire than J Jacobs?  Jacobs seemed to rely on previous relationships with Auburn and Green may not have as many.  Also, do you think Green would have a more professional approach?

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let me pose another thought; how different do you see AD Green approach to a coaching hire than J Jacobs?  Jacobs seemed to rely on previous relationships with Auburn and Green may not have as many.  Also, do you think Green would have a more professional approach?

Absolutely

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely

This is what I have been hoping. 

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Absolutely

^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ I like having an AD thats not a former player.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, I_M4_AU said:

I think ADG is very well connected with other established ADs.  I doubt he would rely on a committee. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think ADG is very well connected with other established ADs.  I doubt he would rely on a committee. 

This is even better.  Thanks for your insight.

On 5/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Jacobs seemed to rely on previous relationships with Auburn

Sure did seem that way.

Very excited to see Auburn taking a broader perspective. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sure did seem that way.

Very excited to see Auburn taking a broader perspective. 

It'll be interesting to see both range and intensity of our next football hire. ADG has a chance to cement himself here at AU. I think it'll be a homerun

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This does little to contradict any stereotypes about Sweden. (Not that I know of any bad Swedish stereotypes. Like, they have the best stereotypes.)

image.png

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 11:27 AM, McLoofus said:

This does little to contradict any stereotypes about Sweden. (Not that I know of any bad Swedish stereotypes. Like, they have the best stereotypes.)

image.png

I love Swedish girl all those blondes and its the one brunette. I especially like #10 wonder why

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I love Swedish girl all those blondes and its the one brunette. I especially like #10 wonder why

I only like Swedish girls whose names end in -sson. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@bigbird, how is it you alway find the ones that have such a passion for not being proven wrong and don’t want to just let it go? It’s an amazing talent to route these people out.  I guess it’s why you’re a mod. 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

@bigbird, how is it you alway find the ones that have such a passion for not being proven wrong and don’t want to just let it go? It’s an amazing talent to route these people out.  I guess it’s why you’re a mod. 

It's a gift for sure. What a clown

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let me ask...in my mind he is coming off as foolish. Am I appearing in the same light?

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Let me ask...in my mind he is coming off as foolish. Am I appearing in the same light?

His mind is stuck in ego preservation, you proved your point when I first posted in this thread and most people are seeing it.  The conversation is now reaching the redundant stage and other posters are seeing that as well.  Don’t let him drag you into his world.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

His mind is stuck in ego preservation, you proved your point when I first posted in this thread and most people are seeing it.  The conversation is now reaching the redundant stage and other posters are seeing that as well.  Don’t let him drag you into his world.

Appreciate it. I'm done

I'll save this one for later

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Appreciate it. I'm done

I'll save this one for later

giphy.gif

Truly is a shame that mods can't put people on ignore. Jeff still manages to sour my experience here but overall life is much better when I can at least cut the content I see from him in half. 

There might be two or three people who like him and I think it's mostly an enemy of my enemy is my friend thing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Truly is a shame that mods can't put people on ignore. Jeff still manages to sour my experience here but overall life is much better when I can at least cut the content I see from him in half. 

There might be two or three people who like him and I think it's mostly an enemy of my enemy is my friend thing. 

On 8/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Will one of you please post that gif here for me.

Suffering a high fever and food has no taste and this usually puts me in touch with my intellectual side.........

*clears throat*    Growing up I loved Sammy Hagar in Montrose and as a solo artist.........When he replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen I knew him as Hagar The Horrible.............Thank you..........*insert applause*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Suffering a high fever and food has no taste and this usually puts me in touch with my intellectual side.........

*clears throat*    Growing up I loved Sammy Hagar in Montrose and as a solo artist.........When he replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen I knew him as Hagar The Horrible.............Thank you..........*insert applause*

Van Hagar had one good song, "Get Up". Other than that, they- to borrow from our boy Benny Franklin- are proof that Satan exists and does not want us to be happy. 

Good vocalist but lawd they became a totally different and inferior band with him in it.

Sorry about the fever. You made a joke about football season and I thought you meant you just had football fever. Having both is brutal. 

Glad your intellect remains solid, though. I LIVE for dad jokes. 

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

I know you are, my brother.  I can't imagine what y'all are going through.  I've said it before, James is the toughest person I know.  To go through what he goes through with the bleeds has got to be hard.  It's also very hard for you and Amanda (and Madison). Y'all are strong, faithful people.  God will pull you through.  He is making y'all stronger.  He will not give you more than you can handle.  Please know there is an army out here Praying for y'all.  If we can help in any other way, let us know.  Love you, my brother!

• Thanks 1