bammers on this site

BCC28

wellbuygif.gif

Geez.....a little harsh response isn't it? He just said he was moving on from the thread topic not leaving the board. I think it was a decent post.

He said it in response to me telling, not just him but everyone, that if they can't deal with the policy regarding rival fans here, they know where the door is. I think it's reasonable to infer he was saying he was leaving the board.

But if you're right and he wants to stay and is dropping the subject, that's fine too. I'm not encouraging anyone to leave, just expressing that whether you leave or stay over this issue is immaterial to me.

He said it in response to me telling, not just him but everyone, that if they can't deal with the policy regarding rival fans here, they know where the door is. I think it's reasonable to infer he was saying he was leaving the board.

But if you're right and he wants to stay and is dropping the subject, that's fine too. I'm not encouraging anyone to leave, just expressing that whether you leave or stay over this issue is immaterial to me.

I understand your position. I just hate to see you, or anyone, display that attitude to an Auburn person who expresses his disdain for bammers. I of course share his opinion but also understand the options. Options are one thing....attitude is another.

Titan, I in no way took it to mean he was leaving the board. I took it as he had moved on from the topic and discussion. aupops is a very much valued member of the Auburn Family. He is very well connected within the administration and athletic department of Auburn University. I can understand his resentment of being called "stupid" by a rival fan on an Auburn message board over something that aupops had every right to post. I think you read way too much into his last post.

I understand your position. I just hate to see you, or anyone, display that attitude to an Auburn person who expresses his disdain for bammers. I of course share his opinion but also understand the options. Options are one thing....attitude is another.

I didn't display that attitude because he doesn't like bammers. I expressed it over a repetitive inability by several here to adjust to the way things are and always have been at AUFamily as opposed to other forums. It's tiring to have to explain this over and over again. They are here to stay. If you don't want to talk to them, don't.

I didn't display that attitude because he doesn't like bammers. I expressed it over a repetitive inability by several here to adjust to the way things are and always have been at AUFamily as opposed to other forums. It's tiring to have to explain this over and over again. They are here to stay. If you don't want to talk to them, don't.

Why didn't you jump on the bammer who called him stupid? I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about the bammer thing. We have been down that road before. It is just my opinion, and others I might add, that certain bammers are given a lot more leeway in their behavior here than some Auburn posters. I assume you read aoundfor4ever's post above. I can now tell you for a fact he was just saying he was moving on from this thread.

Why didn't you jump on the bammer who called him stupid? I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about the bammer thing. We have been down that road before. It is just my opinion, and others I might add, that certain bammers are given a lot more leeway in their behavior here than some Auburn posters. I assume you read aoundfor4ever's post above. I can now tell you for a fact he was just saying he was moving on from this thread.

Because my response wasn't about what they were specifically saying to each other, plus it was in the Woodshed. It was about the bigger issue of why we allow bammers on this site. Asked and answered.

As far as what he meant, that's great. I'm not telling anyone to leave unless they just can't handle rival fans being around. But again, it was perfectly reasonable to take it the way I did based on context.

Archived