bammers on this site

BCC28

It's been discussed a million times. AUF promotes healthy debate. The mods are not going to baby sit the board for us. It's a Big Boy board and they put choices in our hands. If you cant get along with a poster and have given fair effort to do so then you can go to your profile page and ignore anyone you feel you need to.

This is yet another poster that doesn't bother to do any research on their own or they would already know the answer to that question. Rivals are welcome here, get over it. Ellitor points out the ignore feature that we have here.

• 1 month later...

I wish I had an ignore feature in my daily activities. I will need it this week. bammer fans, who needs'em?

Wal-Mart

Ahahaha

• 9 months later...

Someone needs to write a handbook on the best way to deal with bammers on a day to day basis. A how to book that could be called, "Bammers, How To Avoid Their Stupidity At Any Truckstop or Walmart Throughout The State of Alabama". This book should contain several real life situations that Auburn professionals have encountered in dealings with bammers at gas stations,Walmarts, McDonald's, or any other fast food chains where bammers tend to work or hang out. There could be a section on how to help bammers find dentists that can pull bad teeth, and replace them with inexpensive dentures. It could have a section on how to help bammers with hygenic needs such as bathing, and not picking their noses in public. Just a good ole book that could make life a bit easier for the Auburn man or woman that is following the path of enlightenment in a culture that wreaks of bammer ignorance on just about every corner of the state.

Someone needs to write a handbook on the best way to deal with bammers on a day to day basis. A how to book that could be called, "Bammers, How To Avoid Their Stupidity At Any Truckstop or Walmart Throughout The State of Alabama". This book should contain several real life situations that Auburn professionals have encountered in dealings with bammers at gas stations,Walmarts, McDonald's, or any other fast food chains where bammers tend to work or hang out. There could be a section on how to help bammers find dentists that can pull bad teeth, and replace them with inexpensive dentures. It could have a section on how to help bammers with hygenic needs such as bathing, and not picking their noses in public. Just a good ole book that could make life a bit easier for the Auburn man or woman that is following the path of enlightenment in a culture that wreaks of bammer ignorance on just about every corner of the state.

I never talk to bammers!! ive never been friends with an bammer and i never will! their lower than dirt imo. i have no respect for anybody who has anything to do with that piece of **** school

I hate the way people on here have knee-jerk reactions to Alabama fans. It's sad and embarrassing. I thought the closed-minded attitude was a trait that their side had the market share of. If we act the same way how can we insult them? It would be a different story if they were all over this place the way they hump all of the al.com stories, but the one or two I have seen are actually a welcome sight in my opinion.

I think good old-fashioned back and forth Alabama/Auburn teasing is healthy as long as it's kept in the proper place. From what I have seen the mods are apparently taking care of that.

When you start pouncing on these people just for the football team they cheer for, you are no better than their Wal-Mart garden variety fans.

Just my 2 cents.

I hate the way people on here have knee-jerk reactions to Alabama fans. It's sad and embarrassing. I thought the closed-minded attitude was a trait that their side had the market share of. If we act the same way how can we insult them? It would be a different story if they were all over this place the way they hump all of the al.com stories, but the one or two I have seen are actually a welcome sight in my opinion.

I think good old-fashioned back and forth Alabama/Auburn teasing is healthy as long as it's kept in the proper place. From what I have seen the mods are apparently taking care of that.

When you start pouncing on these people just for the football team they cheer for, you are no better than their Wal-Mart garden variety fans.

Just my 2 cents.

Im with you on this. My granddad use to tell me stories of how he and his brothers use to pick at each other or pull practical jokes on each other but it always seemed to be well received - and given! Sometimes it upsets me to think newer generations will never know the good in the rivalry.

Just my 2 cents.

Sometimes it upsets me to think newer generations will never know the good in the rivalry.

I grew up on the West side of B'ham (Ensley) and the only school I knew about was bama. I hardly ever heard of Auburn. Even after I ended up at AU I still pulled for bama and had lots of close friends there. We often visited each other on weekends and it was all a friendly rivalry. That is until I was a junior. I wrote a sports column for The Plainsman student paper. I got to know all the coaches, players, and just about everyone in the Athletic Dept. My scrapbook from the '57 season was in the AU football museum for a long time. As I became more aware of the things going on at bama I soon came to hold them in disgust. They were cheating big time and I don't think they have ever quit. I have sat on their bench 10 ft. from the Bear during a game. I could go on and on and quote lots of AU people to prove my point but that's not necessary. I just want to say that that IMHO there is no good in the rivalry. Anyone who thinks there is any good in bama simply have no idea what really goes on in t-town. To each his own opinion but please don't preach to those of us who hate bama athletics.

This is no place for a bammer; This is an Auburn site. Recently, I have been called "stupid" by a bammer with over 17,000 posts on this site. Not "that's a stupid post" but a personal attack. First of all, who has enough time on their hands for 17,000 posts on a rival site? Any bammer lurking over here is here to cause trouble; what other reason could there be? If I had a vote, any and all of them would be banned immediately. Any questions?

I grew up on the West side of B'ham (Ensley) and the only school I knew about was bama. I hardly ever heard of Auburn. Even after I ended up at AU I still pulled for bama and had lots of close friends there. We often visited each other on weekends and it was all a friendly rivalry. That is until I was a junior. I wrote a sports column for The Plainsman student paper. I got to know all the coaches, players, and just about everyone in the Athletic Dept. My scrapbook from the '57 season was in the AU football museum for a long time. As I became more aware of the things going on at bama I soon came to hold them in disgust. They were cheating big time and I don't think they have ever quit. I have sat on their bench 10 ft. from the Bear during a game. I could go on and on and quote lots of AU people to prove my point but that's not necessary. I just want to say that that IMHO there is no good in the rivalry. Anyone who thinks there is any good in bama simply have no idea what really goes on in t-town. To each his own opinion but please don't preach to those of us who hate bama athletics.

You're hating an entire fan base because of what you say the school's athletics program is doing. Does that make sense to you? What do the fans have to do with their corruption? I'm sorry, but that just comes across as extremely closed-minded and ignorant to me. It's a football game. It's just a stupid game played by college kids to make the university lots and lots of money.

If their fandom prevents them from acting like a civilized human being, then avoid them. To hate someone based on which college team they pull for is insane.

This is no place for a bammer; This is an Auburn site.

The admin here disagrees with you and it's their barbeque.

Recently, I have been called "stupid" by a bammer with over 17,000 posts on this site. Not "that's a stupid post" but a personal attack. First of all, who has enough time on their hands for 17,000 posts on a rival site? Any bammer lurking over here is here to cause trouble; what other reason could there be? If I had a vote, any and all of them would be banned immediately. Any questions?

You are honestly mad because someone called you "stupid"? What is this? Second grade? We have moderators, you know. If the bammer got out of line he would be dealt with just the same as anyone else. It's not like the guy can secretly sabotage the water supply or our communications network while we're sleeping.

Besides..there are more annoying people on this site that I would gladly trade and keep the bammer around.

Recently, I have been called "stupid" by a bammer with over 17,000 posts on this site. Not "that's a stupid post" but a personal attack. First of all, who has enough time on their hands for 17,000 posts on a rival site? Any bammer lurking over here is here to cause trouble; what other reason could there be? If I had a vote, any and all of them would be banned immediately. Any questions?

You are honestly mad because someone called you "stupid"? What is this? Second grade? We have moderators, you know. If the bammer got out of line he would be dealt with just the same as anyone else. It's not like the guy can secretly sabotage the water supply or our communications network while we're sleeping.

Besides..there are more annoying people on this site that I would gladly trade and keep the bammer around.

It may be their barbeque, but I.m bringing the food. I'm almost 70 years old, and would love to be in the 2nd grade. And you call me stupid, I'll rain wrath on you like you've never seen. I don't like your history of very shallow and lack of thought posts. anyway, and you may be right, there are more annoying posters than the bammers, and you may be one of them.

with all the evil the the updykes have done over the years i cant respect anybody who is a fan of the bammer team. i want to be around good christian people which is why i am an auburn fan and dont associate with bammers.

maybe i picked the wrong auburn site if the admins all love bammers.

It may be their barbeque, but I.m bringing the food. I'm almost 70 years old, and would love to be in the 2nd grade. And you call me stupid, I'll rain wrath on you like you've never seen. I don't like your history of very shallow and lack of thought posts. anyway, and you may be right, there are more annoying posters than the bammers, and you may be one of them.

I never called you stupid. I tried to show you how juvenile it is getting upset at someone calling you "stupid." The guy can't do much harm here that the moderators can't fix.

I didn't realize my posts were so shallow and thoughtless...I'm going to have to hire a ghost writer. =(

You're hating an entire fan base because of what you say the school's athletics program is doing. Does that make sense to you? What do the fans have to do with their corruption? I'm sorry, but that just comes across as extremely closed-minded and ignorant to me. It's a football game. It's just a stupid game played by college kids to make the university lots and lots of money.

If their fandom prevents them from acting like a civilized human being, then avoid them. To hate someone based on which college team they pull for is insane.

I didn't say I hated their whole fan base, just the general athletic dept. As I always say, my two favorite teams are AU and whoever is playing bama. They do have a higher percentage of Walmart rednecks than most schools but I have many decent bama friends. One of my best friends was the captain of one of Bryan't early teams at bama. And I would note, just FYI, that my oldest daughter is a bama grad :)

Please don't take offense but you don't know the history here. I'm not going to open an old can of worms but what you say is definitely not true. I think the best thing at this point is to just move on. You have your opinion and some others have theirs.. None are likely to change so let's don't argue over bammers

Please don't take offense but you don't know the history here. I'm not going to open an old can of worms but what you say is definitely not true. I think the best thing at this point is to just move on. You have your opinion and some others have theirs.. None are likely to change so let's don't argue over bammers

^^This^^

Rival fans are allowed here. Anyone that can't handle that, you know where the door is. Nobody's blocking it.

Rival fans are allowed here. Anyone that can't handle that, you know where the door is. Nobody's blocking it.

People, my last post on this was Sept.2. I HAVE moved on; please do the same.

Archived