Has anyone heard that Steven Ross is hurt

RVTiger

A friend just told me that his brother told him that Steven Ross hurt his knee yesterday in practice and is out for the season. Has anyone else heard this? I sure don't want to start false rumors but the person that told me usually has reliable information.

As far as I've read, this is the latest:

Injury report: Center Jeremy Ingle, nose guard T.J. Jackson, defensive tackle Jay Ratliff and linebacker Kevin Sears have been held out of heavy work this week.

Tuberville said Sears (shoulder) and Ratliff (ankle) were held out as a precautionary measure. He said Jackson (knee) should be full-speed by Sunday. Ingle (knee) did not play against Ole Miss and his status is uncertain. Tuberville said he hoped he could get some work Tuesday and be full-speed Sunday.

Huntsville Times

Premium article on ITAT reports that Ross did suffer a serious knee injury during a non-contact drill. He is possibly gone for the season. Still waiting on a complete evaluation.

Yeah, it's true. We are damn lucky we have an off-week. Hopefully Jeremy can get back for the UGA game, or else we're in serious trouble. From what I've heard, if he's not, we'll move Danny Lindsey back to center, Troy Reddick over to guard, and put either King or Leon in at tackle.

Regardless, I feel bad for Steven, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Hopefully he'll have a quick recovery and be 100% by spring practice. It sounds like Jeremy should be ready to go by UGA.

One of the many reason we are 9-0 (WAR DAMN EAGLE!) is because we have thankfully been able to avoid this type of situation up until this point. Injuries really can change a whole season. I feel sorry for Ross, but I sure do hope Ingle gets better in a hurry.

I will volunteer to donate my ankle to Auburn if this will help in any way.

:au:

We definately need Mr. Ingle back......Because the most important person on the field is the?..........Center. Danny can fill the void if needed, though. We'll be aight, Coach Tubs needs to put our players in a padded room, so they don't hurt each other anymore :P . J/K, people are going to get hurt.....IT'S FOOTBALL, ya mean.

If Ingle goes down where are we? Didn't we recruit a center from Prattville named William Ward several years ago? Is he still playing and how far along is he. I don't like having to go to Lindsey and then to Cope (walk on).

Ward is running at 4th string I believe...I spoke with his academic counselor the other day about Will and he says will has the tools and the talent to be a star player, but they can't keep any weight on him. He's going about 230-240 lbs at the moment, and playing scout team center. It's a shame...but he's a great team leader, and a bang-up guy. He's actually going to speak at the Prattville YMCA Annual Prayer Breakfast on November 16. Great athlete, great attitude, great guy...may not play much, but he's vital to the team chemistry.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...65015071430.xml

Center Steven Ross has suffered a potentially season-ending knee injury, a troubling development since fellow center Jeremy Ingle is out with a bad ankle.

Ross suffered the injury Wednesday in a non-contact practice during an offweek drill. Ross has started two games, including last Saturday's victory against Ole Miss. He was subbing for Ingle, the normal starter, who missed the game with an ankle injury. Auburn will re-evaluate Ross' status Monday after swelling in the knee has subsided.

Coach Tommy Tuberville said he's hopeful that Ingle will be able to play in the Nov. 13 game against Georgia. But just in case, Auburn moved Danny Lindsey from guard to center for Thursday's workout.

Lindsey was Auburn's starting center last year, but has started all nine games at right guard this season. Walk-on Joe Cope worked with the second team Thursday.

The domino effect from the injury had backup Tim Duckworth and tackle Troy Reddick working in Lindsey's spot on the line.

Man, oh man....I guess we had to know the injury bug was going to hit us some time, but this is very unfortunate timing. I hope Steven is okay and I really hope Ingle is well-rested and can get back in there for UGA. Everybody pray all the time. We need this guy so everyone else can play their normal positions and keep that pressure off of JC!

Ward is running at 4th string I believe...I spoke with his academic counselor the other day about Will and he says will has the tools and the talent to be a star player, but they can't keep any weight on him.  He's going about 230-240 lbs at the moment, and playing scout team center.  It's a shame...but he's a great team leader, and a bang-up guy.  He's actually going to speak at the Prattville YMCA Annual Prayer Breakfast on November 16.  Great athlete, great attitude, great guy...may not play much, but he's vital to the team chemistry.

118426[/snapback]

Will Ward is a GREAT young man. He has great parents and it is easy to see where he gets "it" from.

IF he could get some weight added to his frame, he will be a force. As it is, I am glad to know that we have kids with his character on our team. :au:

WAR EAGLE....One at a time.

Thanks No Shame for the update. However the last I had seen on the center position had Ingle, Ross, Lindsey, and Cope. I had not seen anything on Ward. Hopefully he can keep some weight on and be ready for next season. In any event, beyond 2nd string, I am not confident at this position. Hopefully we can have some answers for next year. We are losing Ingle and Lindsey.

i'm not talkin bout this year, but didn't tubby say leon hart had the quicks to play center? anyone seen or heard a thing about him actually taking snaps during practice? i dunno just a thought. and what about tim duckworth? he was a high school center i believe. just another thought.

Archived