Bruce Pearl Discussion

CameronCrazy

Jay needs to pull the trigger on Pearl before somebody else snags him. Pay the man!

We won't be paying Pearl for the same reasons we aren't paying Petrino. Auburn can and will find a coach without Pearl's baggage and the idea that "this is the only coach that can win at Auburn" is simply not true.

Guess we don't want somebody with his character representing Auburn correct?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay needs to pull the trigger on Pearl before somebody else snags him. Pay the man!

We won't be paying Pearl for the same reasons we aren't paying Petrino. Auburn can and will find a coach without Pearl's baggage and the idea that "this is the only coach that can win at Auburn" is simply not true.

Guess we don't want somebody with his character representing Auburn correct?

You know it, college basketball coaches are of the highest moral character. As a matter of fact, the entire sport of college basketball is one shining, follow the rules, non-shady sport. :)

I think you're gonna be proven wrong very shortly

This will be a slam dunk hire. Pearl would certainly be able to get it turned around. And as far as his baggage, I'm pretty confident in the idea of Pearl knowing he can't mess up again or else. Not just from Auburn, but from the NCAA. His career would be over in Division 1 basketball. This is a no brainier in my opinion. War Eagle! Go get him!!!

We'd be less than rocket scientists if we have a chance to get Bruce Frickin Pearl and let him slip away. He may not take it, but I'll be very unhappy with our leadership if the effort wasn't made. As others have said, it's a slam dunk no brainer to me.

This is a pretty exciting possibility. I was not for Petrino for our football program but Pearl's situation is entirely different. The biggest difference is Petrino is supremely unlikeable. IMO Auburn would be lucky if Pearl agreed to take the job.

BP hire would immediately bring legitimacy back to Au roundball.

This.

Instant cred with the national media. Instant cred with recruits. We could not get more of a home run hire.

CH 13 in Birmingham is reporting Pearl could be named tomorrow.

Please be true.........please be true

+1

Please please be true. Didn't Pearl have a pipeline of talent out of Atlanta when he was at UT?

It's a good thing for us that BP has a little baggage. No. 1 He's learned a big lesson and realizes this could be his last opportunity. Nothing like that will happen at AU. No. 2 If he didn't have the baggage we would have no chance of attracting a coach like Pearl. WAR EAGLE CBP !!!!

Who knows, we might really start getting the 4 and 5* basketball recruits. When was the last time that happened.

Who knows, we might really start getting the 4 and 5* basketball recruits. When was the last time that happened.

last time we were relevant was when chris porter was here

It would be great to have us signing 4 and 5* studs for our basketball program.

If he can manage to do that then I will go kiss Hillary Clinton.

Didn't know that you're into guys...

It would be great to have us signing 4 and 5* studs for our basketball program.

If he can manage to do that then I will go kiss Hillary Clinton.

Didn't know that you're into guys...

:laugh:

This may be what brings the program back, but I think we need to build a reputation and identity and grab a coach with a belief in a system...look at UW and Bo Ryan, UV and Tony Bennett, sleeper Saul Phillips, or a Danny Manning.................#1 drop UA as a basketball shoe

Archived