***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

3. Several folks on this thread have stressed out about the possibility of KB getting hired as a HC and JS following him. 

Have not seen him mentioned anywhere as HC, only as OC or QB coach with Jarrett possibly following him. It's a massive thread though (over 200 pages now under the old format) so I may have missed something.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fridays in home will go a long way in determining if he says screw it and does not wait to see where KB lands and just ends it or if he will string this out until january potentially. Gus and rhett need to hit a grand slam AND BRING HIM HOME!

I'm not sure what they could say Friday that will close the deal. I imagine they've said everything they can and there will not be some new or ground breaking information that is passed that will just make JS commit on the spot. Would really love to be wrong but it just doesn't seem like this is gonna play out like that  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bg5 said:

E when you say you have your doubts JS will sign at all do you mean for right now or at Auburn at all?

Not E, but I think he was implying that he'd not sign an NLI with any school, he would just enroll at whatever school he chooses. That's not too uncommon for mid year enrollees to do.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Not E, but I think he was implying that he'd not sign an NLI with any school, he would just enroll at whatever school he chooses. That's not too uncommon for mid year enrollees to do.

Yup. And it's just a guess on my part the way this recruitment has gone.

Just an opinion but I'm having a hard time seeing K. Briles get a P5 OC job for a lot of reasons...

#1 - He's only been an OC since 2015 and the O regressed after Art left so there's question marks as to whether he is that great.

#2 - He was investigated for possible recruiting violations merely one month ago.  Even if nothing comes of it, why take the chance on him? 

#3 - The Baylor sexual assault scandal is far from over.  Who knows what new information will surface?  Again, why take the chance on him?  Oklahoma is still dealing with the repurcussions of Joe Mixon punching a woman two years ago.  The video will be released soon and it will all be brought to the forefront again.  This day in age, I would think big-time schools would want to stay as far away from any scandal as possible. 

All that to say, I'm not worried about Briles getting a major job and pulling away Stidham.  I think it's AU unless A&M changes their mind at the last minute. 

• Like 1

@ellitor, with Houston hiring Kiffin, does he make a play for KB as his OC to put pressure on Stidham or is it too late in the game for Houston?  

17 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

The Baylor sexual assault scandal is far from over.  Who knows what new information will surface?  Again, why take the chance on him?  Oklahoma is still dealing with the repurcussions of Joe Mixon punching a woman two years ago.  The video will be released soon and it will all be brought to the forefront again.  This day in age, I would think big-time schools would want to stay as far away from any scandal as possible. 

I agree. 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

@ellitor, with Houston hiring Kiffin, does he make a play for KB as his OC to put pressure on Stidham or is it too late in the game for Houston?  

I guess Stidham could go to Houston to stay close to home but I don't see it. I don't think it's a too late for them deal though. I think it's because Houston is not a P5 school. If they had gotten into the Big 12 effective immediately then I think Houston would be a big threat for Stidham if they get Briles. And I don't know what play Kiffin will make. I have no connections to him or Houston.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

The 122nd, 97th, 84th and 100th Scoring Defenses, consecutively, will give the illusion we were hot on offense.

Haters be damned.

You are an amazingly negative person. There are always several ways to look at things. It says a lot about people.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Just an opinion but I'm having a hard time seeing K. Briles get a P5 OC job for a lot of reasons...

#1 - He's only been an OC since 2015 and the O regressed after Art left so there's question marks as to whether he is that great.

#2 - He was investigated for possible recruiting violations merely one month ago.  Even if nothing comes of it, why take the chance on him? 

#3 - The Baylor sexual assault scandal is far from over.  Who knows what new information will surface?  Again, why take the chance on him?  Oklahoma is still dealing with the repurcussions of Joe Mixon punching a woman two years ago.  The video will be released soon and it will all be brought to the forefront again.  This day in age, I would think big-time schools would want to stay as far away from any scandal as possible. 

All that to say, I'm not worried about Briles getting a major job and pulling away Stidham.  I think it's AU unless A&M changes their mind at the last minute. 

All excellent points. Perhaps all points as to why Gus has not hired him already.

But I'm extremely concerned Kendal will get hired as a QB Coach / co-OC and that will be enough for Stidham to follow.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I guess Stidham could go to Houston to stay close to home but I don't see it. I don't think it's a too late for them deal though. I think it's because Houston is not a P5 school. If they had gotten into the Big 12 effective immediately then I think Houston would be a big threat for Stidham if they get Briles. And I don't know what play Kiffin will make. I have no connections to him or Houston.

I agree with you that Houston is not a threat for Stidham because they're not a P5 program, but had Houston gotten into the Big 12 immediately, wouldn't the Big 12 rule of Stidham (that we discussed earlier) having to sit out 2017 still apply?

12 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

You are an amazingly negative person. There are always several ways to look at things. It says a lot about people.

Drop the Sean discussion. We all know where most of us stand. There is a hard line between the 2 sides. Nobody is changing anyone elses opinion. No point to lament on it further in this thread.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I agree with you that Houston is not a threat for Stidham because they're not a P5 program, but had Houston gotten into the Big 12 immediately, wouldn't the Big 12 rule of Stidham (that we discussed earlier) having to sit out 2017 still apply?

Yup! Nice catch and my mistake.

7 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

All excellent points. Perhaps all points as to why Gus has not hired him already.

But I'm extremely concerned Kendal will get hired as a QB Coach / co-OC and that will be enough for Stidham to follow.

Yup! LSU has concerned me for a while FWIW, especially with Coach O All In on going for dual QBs and LSU needing a quality QB right now.

16 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

None of the above defenses are better than 84th but he is being negative? The other way to look at this is to put the O and B glasses on and tell yourself over and over again that the strength of defenses stats do not matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

None of the above defenses are better than 84th but he is being negative? The other way to look at this is to put the O and B glasses on and tell yourself over and over again that the strength of defenses stats do not matter. 

Drop it please or take it to a relevant thread in the football forum. It does not concern Stidham nor directly affect his recruitment.

Edited by ellitor

JS will be playing in the SEC next year. 

Now with kiffen going to houston things are going to get interesting. LSU has to hire an OC. I don't think they would hire KB as he is not a big name yet BUT that would certainly be terrible for us in just about every way.

Hopefully JS just says - I am tired of this and I am going to AU. That is my hope. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup! LSU has concerned me for a while FWIW, especially with Coach O All In on going for dual QBs and LSU needing a quality QB right now.

Agreed. I believe they are the biggest threat because they can play for championships, as Stidham has continually expressed.

Still believe Oregeron is aiming much much higher than Kendal.

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

JS will be playing in the SEC next year. 

Now with kiffen going to houston things are going to get interesting. LSU has to hire an OC. I don't think they would hire KB as he is not a big name yet BUT that would certainly be terrible for us in just about every way.

Hopefully JS just says - I am tired of this and I am going to AU. That is my hope. Fingers crossed!

Agreed. SEC seems extremely likely IF a package deal since the Big 12 is off-limits for Stidham.

If not AU, I'm hoping Kendal will get picked up by a Big 12 team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

They have a kid named Shea Patterson...is next in line i think 

Would make for an interesting QB battle though.  One of those good problems to have type of things.