Just got back from atlanta

vatz22au

First off I would like to start out with the auburn fans. That whole city was covered with orange and blue. Honestly, for every tenn. fan in atlanta roaming around there were 4 more auburn fans. It was so great, we road the MARTA and about half of the train were auburn fans.....doing WAAAAAAR EAGLE HEY! and all kinds of chants...it was so funny seeing a tenn. family just sitting there while about 50 auburn fans on a train were chanting right infront of them! I was so proud to be an auburn tiger. I dont know where the tenn. fans were but they were obviously hiding in a hole, because I barely saw ANY roaming the city.

So the day of the game, went to go eat at the ESPN zone in buckhead and that place was also covered by auburn fans. Service there was slow, they messed up the order like 50 times, but hey, it was ESPN zone....there were like 50 tvs showing me sports, so I didnt mind :) I do not recommend this place to anybody if atlanta is hosting a big event the same day....It took our food about an hour to come out, and they messed it up so we had to wait another 30 min....it was just crazy.

Then I was off to the SEC Fanfare.....I honestly think they couldve added alot more activities to this fanfare. Ya it was fun....for about 30 minutes. I think the best part was the free Cherry Dr. Pepper :( I had a fun time though, but I ended up just going to the dome 2 hours before game time (I had the jitters and I just wanted to sit and wait....I was nervous :o )

I want to say one thing.....I HATE THE TENN. BAND!!!!! They have to be the most unclassiest band I have ever seen in my life. You know how during warmups, if some players come out for your team, you cheer right? Well get this....everytime auburns players came out, there would be a huge cheer on the auburn side.....then THREE.....TWO.....ONE......I hear rocky top to shut up our crowd. Everytime auburn would cheer when there players came out during warmups, tenn. would play rocky top. I heard rocky top....count them....TEN DAMN TIMES just for our own players!!!! When tenn. players were coming out, they cheered, and played rocky top....but what did our band do ?? Nothing except show them some class they need to learn. It was just obnoxious.....Even when our players huddled up after warmups to go to the lockeroom....THREE....TWO....ONE.....yes, you guessed it, Rocky top. Is that the only song they know?? I surely hope not.....

Other than the tenn. band (which did put up a good halftime show I might add....they just needed to settle down with playing rocky top when OUR players came out) the tenn. fans were pretty classy. I didnt hear much smack.....and they cheered just as much as us. So props go out to the tenn. fans for showing alot of class.

When the game was over the auburn players jumped into the stands and the partying began. Tuberville was hugging all of his staff....players were hugging coaches.....it was great. McClover was the party animal of it all....he grabbed an orange that some fans threw out and just squeezed it in his mouth, and did a dance...he was so much fun to watch. When Jason was given the MVP of the game, the crowd erupted and I bet jason and his family were almost in tears....I mean hell I got shivers from the crowd cheering for Jason.

So then we walked back to the hotel (I was staying at the Marriot Marquiss in downtown) there were auburn fans yelling, auburn cars honking....it was a great site. The auburn fan base pratically turned atlanta into auburn for 2 days.

So that about sums it up.....Good job to tenn. for playing a hell of a game and a big WAR DAMN EAGLE to everyone who represents auburn for bringing home a SEC TITLE.

WAAAAR DAMN EAGLE BABY! :au::au::au::au:

you guys really think we had a HUGE fan advantage???

i travelled from WS to jackson today (Sunday) via atlanta, and i gotta say i ran into ONE UT couple, but auburn fans were everywhere!

My brother and I took Marta from Doraville to the dome...it was almost all Auburn! It was great. And it's funny, he said the same thing about the UT band..."DANG, is that the only song they know?" I have to say, I HATE THAT SONG!

Props to UT for a great game...and boo to anybody in the BCS BS who doesn't get what winning a game like this is all about...whether by one point or 50!!! They just don't get it! Hey Corso..."You gettin' this?" :poke:

:au::au:

Thanks for sharing. It sure sounds like a much more pleasant trip than the last trip I made to the GA dome when we played NC....when Bliss bobbled the snap, I suddenly had flashbacks of JCampbell doing the same thing at the Peach Bowl...I am estatic that it all worked out in the end.

I have a very different view of the utee fans that were there at the game than vatz. When JC got hit in the first quarter and was slow to get up, they cheered when they thought he was hurt. Then they did it again when they thought Carnell was hurt. Say what you want, but those people are just bammers that wear orange. I lost what little respect I had for those losers last night.

Other than that, I had a great time yesterday. The guy in our group I was supposed to sit with called at 4 and said he couldn't make it, so I had to buy a scalped ticket. I got a good price on a student ticket and I loved the seat. Sitting with the kids took me back 20 years. What a great atmosphere.

I have a very different view of the utee fans that were there at the game than vatz. When JC got hit in the first quarter and was slow to get up, they cheered when they thought he was hurt.

Yes, I noticed this too. I think it was when Mix went down they started into a "It's great to be whatever they are" cheer...I thought it was obnoxious but whatever.

I agree with bamman, after watching them start a cheer when jeremy ingle got hurt. I have no use for UT fans anymore. All they did was whine about the officiating after the game. The BEST team by far won that game. They were lucky the final score was not 38-14. What class by our players to pray for the injured UT player and CTT to sit on the ball rather than going for a late TD.

I got tickets for face value at 6:00 friday night from a UT fan who could not go to the game. I was sitting in the UT section. There seemed to be about 1 Auburn fan to every 5 UT fans in the section around me.

The UT fan and his wife beside me were nice folks! They cheered for UT but not when Jason was hurt. When UT made a play they yelled, just like I did when Auburn made a play.

Some of the Auburn fans were very quite for the whole game. The UT fans behind me were pretty loudly discussing in "mature language" how they could not see whe we stood up to cheer. I must admit that I had to stand an cheer a lot after that!

Have to say the UT fans were not great overall. They did cheer for the injury to Jason. Most stood up to cheer for the fact that Jason was hurt. That was classless.

The UT band gave a great halftime performance. The marching into different formations was great. The UT band won the halftime by a mile.

Overall the atmosphere at the game was great.

After the game, I got to speak with Silas Daniels and King Dunlap on the Marta ride after the game. They were very down for guys on a team that had just won the SEC Championship, because of the effect of knowing that they were not going to be in the MNC game. (I HATE THE BCS!)

Archived