Dear bammer nation

Rednilla

The stuff that bg types must come straight from the munchkin's talking points on a daily basis.... :Sing:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor bg. The pain of the IB is killing him inside day by day...

Actually, the time for me to be bothered by the Iron Bowl has passed. New season has that effect on most people. I mean, in the middle of last year's run were you guys agonizing about the fact that the last time you played Alabama it was 45-0 at the half? (The half is 2 quarters. You were losing 45-0 after 2 quarters).

My question is why you are on this board so much. Do you have a life? Please take a second to explain this to me. :headscratch:

Poor bg. The pain of the IB is killing him inside day by day...

Actually, the time for me to be bothered by the Iron Bowl has passed. New season has that effect on most people. I mean, in the middle of last year's run were you guys agonizing about the fact that the last time you played Alabama it was 45-0 at the half? (The half is 2 quarters. You were losing 45-0 after 2 quarters).

That all went away in a second a year later.

• 3 months later...

Rednilla, you're so butt hurt I guess you failed to remember your probation years. Maybe that will help your math out on why the fambly cannot claim certain titles. And maybe you forgot that the Associated Press came about in 1936. But also another main source was the UPI poll. In 1947, the Rose Bowl stopped inviting southern teams after the domination of those teams over the rest. So then, the press became the main factor in deciding Champions. Prior to 1947, the Rose Bowl was considered and most of the time declared the Champion. Everyone from 1947 to 1991 was decided on via press. And it was due to the 1973 National Champion that the press started voting after the bowl game. The bowl game to Coaches and players was considered just an extra game to practice. A lot of Coaches didn't even like them and some declined games. That one game was not a deciding factor until favored Alabama lost 24-23 to Notre Dame in 1973. You can thank the SEC for creating the Conference Championship and you can also thank Alabama for winning that plus the game vs Miami. How ironic, Alabama the first southern team and team east of the Mississippi to win the National Title in 1925 and the first to win the Inaugural Championship Game vs Miami in 1993. The NCAA follows alongside the Associated Press and UPI. Those were the largest polls. Alabama only claims their Rose Bowls, AP and UPI Championships. Maybe you should know more about the years and the polls before you make yourself look like a fool. Auburn was not even awarded the AP title in 1957. Auburn University claims it. Auburn finished #1 in the AP Poll and Ohio State 2. But the UPI Poll had OSU 1 and Auburn 2. Both were on probation that year and Auburn had a bowl ban. Auburn for paying a Quarterback, imagine that. Ohio State was beaten by Oregon 10-7 in their bowl game. There's a huge difference in finishing #1 than being named Champions. Ask Jason Campbell about that. So in 1913 and 1914, if Auburn didn't go to the Rose Bowl, it doesn't matter. That was the determining factor for those years. All you have to do is look at the Newspapers from that Era. Alabama's are all documented with trophies and rings plus media for that Era. The other teams from 1961 to present day all were invited to the White House and or honored by the President in the White House. You cannot argue with facts. You need to research your polls and Champion formats.

It's just low self esteem. It's what happens when your entire self worth is hinged on the results of a football team. uater are the only fan base I've ever encountered that use their little saying (that I'll never say ever) as a taunt to other fan bases. It's just in their DNA for their trashy fan base to taunt opposing fans at every turn. It's just what they do. Unfortunately, avoiding them in this part of the country is virtually impossible.

Either this is a flat out lie, or you've never been to a game where Florida fans were present 'chomping' at people. You've also never been around any Arkansas fans - "woo pig soooooiiieeee" ing everything in sight.

Confirmation bias is fun. So is selective amnesia.

Auburn fans say War Eagle to each other as a greeting. Bammers say Roll Tide, usually pronounced ' roe tahd ', to Auburn people as a taunt. Always have, always will. Bama " class ".

Rednilla, you're so butt hurt I guess you failed to remember your probation years. Maybe that will help your math out on why the fambly cannot claim certain titles. And maybe you forgot that the Associated Press came about in 1936. But also another main source was the UPI poll. In 1947, the Rose Bowl stopped inviting southern teams after the domination of those teams over the rest. So then, the press became the main factor in deciding Champions. Prior to 1947, the Rose Bowl was considered and most of the time declared the Champion. Everyone from 1947 to 1991 was decided on via press. And it was due to the 1973 National Champion that the press started voting after the bowl game. The bowl game to Coaches and players was considered just an extra game to practice. A lot of Coaches didn't even like them and some declined games. That one game was not a deciding factor until favored Alabama lost 24-23 to Notre Dame in 1973. You can thank the SEC for creating the Conference Championship and you can also thank Alabama for winning that plus the game vs Miami. How ironic, Alabama the first southern team and team east of the Mississippi to win the National Title in 1925 and the first to win the Inaugural Championship Game vs Miami in 1993. The NCAA follows alongside the Associated Press and UPI. Those were the largest polls. Alabama only claims their Rose Bowls, AP and UPI Championships. Maybe you should know more about the years and the polls before you make yourself look like a fool. Auburn was not even awarded the AP title in 1957. Auburn University claims it. Auburn finished #1 in the AP Poll and Ohio State 2. But the UPI Poll had OSU 1 and Auburn 2. Both were on probation that year and Auburn had a bowl ban. Auburn for paying a Quarterback, imagine that. Ohio State was beaten by Oregon 10-7 in their bowl game. There's a huge difference in finishing #1 than being named Champions. Ask Jason Campbell about that. So in 1913 and 1914, if Auburn didn't go to the Rose Bowl, it doesn't matter. That was the determining factor for those years. All you have to do is look at the Newspapers from that Era. Alabama's are all documented with trophies and rings plus media for that Era. The other teams from 1961 to present day all were invited to the White House and or honored by the President in the White House. You cannot argue with facts. You need to research your polls and Champion formats.

You might need to research your polls, and bogus information about early Championships. First of all, about half the time, the winner of the Rose Bowl was not the recognized national champ.And the first year it was played in 1902, for the next 14 years, they did not play a football game there. So therefore, there is no way Auburn could have played in the 1913 and 1914 Rose Bowl games, because there wasn't a Rose Bowl from 1903 till 1915. National championships awarded to someone other than Rose Bowl winner included 1917,18,19,20,23,24,25,27,29,30,31,33,35,36,39,40,41,42,43,44,45, and 1946. Hey but at least the Rose Bowl Champ in 1902, Michigan was declared national champs. Too bad a lot of facts just got introduced into the discussion. So the current talking point by Bama fans that the Rose Bowl determined the Champ, is nothing but an outright lie.

Oh no. FACTS!!! uaters will be clueless...as usual.

Or I could have just said that until 1974, all mythical national championships were awarded before the bowl games had been played. Therefore, it would have been impossible for the Rose Bowl Champ to have been the de facto Champ, as they are trying to claim. Or that UPI changed awarding the title after the 1964 season, when they had awarded UAT the title, only to have them lose the bowl game, or that the AP changed their procedure after 1973, when UAT again lost the Bowl Game. I don't care what team it is, if you lose the last game you play, there is no way you can be the Champion!! However, it was more fun to show the number of years the Rose Bowl Champ was not the declared Champ, as they are trying to claim.

You might need to research your polls, and bogus information about early Championships. First of all, about half the time, the winner of the Rose Bowl was not the recognized national champ.And the first year it was played in 1902, for the next 14 years, they did not play a football game there. So therefore, there is no way Auburn could have played in the 1913 and 1914 Rose Bowl games, because there wasn't a Rose Bowl from 1903 till 1915. National championships awarded to someone other than Rose Bowl winner included 1917,18,19,20,23,24,25,27,29,30,31,33,35,36,39,40,41,42,43,44,45, and 1946. Hey but at least the Rose Bowl Champ in 1902, Michigan was declared national champs. Too bad a lot of facts just got introduced into the discussion. So the current talking point by Bama fans that the Rose Bowl determined the Champ, is nothing but an outright lie.

Or I could have just said that until 1974, all mythical national championships were awarded before the bowl games had been played. Therefore, it would have been impossible for the Rose Bowl Champ to have been the de facto Champ, as they are trying to claim. Or that UPI changed awarding the title after the 1964 season, when they had awarded UAT the title, only to have them lose the bowl game, or that the AP changed their procedure after 1973, when UAT again lost the Bowl Game. I don't care what team it is, if you lose the last game you play, there is no way you can be the Champion!! However, it was more fun to show the number of years the Rose Bowl Champ was not the declared Champ, as they are trying to claim.

What we have come to know of the ignorant uat fan base is that they change history and make up stuff that never happened to boost their position. Looking at these posts just shows how they think and why they claim national titles that they never won. Nice job Eagle Flight. It should be noted though that the ignorant uat toolbox that posted that group of lies is no longer here. Perhaps he's reading (well having it read to him) while he study's to pass the 5th grade at age 18.

• 2 weeks later...

What we have come to know of the ignorant uat fan base is that they change history and make up stuff that never happened to boost their position. Looking at these posts just shows how they think and why they claim national titles that they never won. Nice job Eagle Flight. It should be noted though that the ignorant uat toolbox that posted that group of lies is no longer here. Perhaps he's reading (well having it read to him) while he study's to pass the 5th grade at age 18.

Thanks War Tiger for the compliment. It took several minutes to look this info up. I went to collegefootballdatawarehouse.com to get the national championships they recognize, and then pulled up the Rose Bowl Champions from 1902-1946, and compared the 2 to see how many times they matched up. And in 9 years did the 2 match. So my info can be verified, or proven to be false very easily. Because I work in the Tuscaloosa area, I have started to hear this mantra about Rose Bowl/National Championships, and decided to check and see if what they said was true. And much to my surprise(not really), the info they were trying to shovel, was nothing more than a pile of garbage. It is true that they have been awarded the 15 MNC's they claim, but in quite a few of those years, another team deserved the title more. And they for the most part, fail to recognize the 9 MNC's we have been awarded. If they want to claim 15, fine. We should claim 9, but I realize not all Auburn fans agree, and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but never to our own set of facts.

The main reason I wanted to put this info out there, is to give Auburn fans the facts to refute the latest claim. It is hard to refute things, when you don't know the facts. 9 out of 44 years can in no way be thought of as defacto, and until I looked it up, I didn't know the Rose Bowl had a gap of more than 10 years when they didn't play the game. Maybe I had heard that at some point, and just forgot, but am pretty sure that is new info to me. I did use to post on capstone report, and glad I no longer do, but on one of my last posts(actually a response to it), I got called a "biased, prejudicial, narcissistic, little-brother jerk." Now i could have responded in kind, but I am not his little brother, so saw no reason to stoop to his level. And since I have left the site, I feel better. I do still read some of their stuff to get a good laugh. And to know I got that much under their skin, is a reason to feel good. I never backed down, no matter how many of the mind numbed robots over there ganged up on me. I am sure they feel they ran me off, but I told them I would not post after the first of the year, except to congratulate them if they won the playoff. But they dropped the ball, and "Shamefully Embarrassed the Conference" again. And yes, anyone is free to use that.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks War Tiger for the compliment. It took several minutes to look this info up. I went to collegefootballdatawarehouse.com to get the national championships they recognize, and then pulled up the Rose Bowl Champions from 1902-1946, and compared the 2 to see how many times they matched up. And in 9 years did the 2 match. So my info can be verified, or proven to be false very easily. Because I work in the Tuscaloosa area, I have started to hear this mantra about Rose Bowl/National Championships, and decided to check and see if what they said was true. And much to my surprise(not really), the info they were trying to shovel, was nothing more than a pile of garbage. It is true that they have been awarded the 15 MNC's they claim, but in quite a few of those years, another team deserved the title more. And they for the most part, fail to recognize the 9 MNC's we have been awarded. If they want to claim 15, fine. We should claim 9, but I realize not all Auburn fans agree, and that is okay. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but never to our own set of facts.

The main reason I wanted to put this info out there, is to give Auburn fans the facts to refute the latest claim. It is hard to refute things, when you don't know the facts. 9 out of 44 years can in no way be thought of as defacto, and until I looked it up, I didn't know the Rose Bowl had a gap of more than 10 years when they didn't play the game. Maybe I had heard that at some point, and just forgot, but am pretty sure that is new info to me. I did use to post on capstone report, and glad I no longer do, but on one of my last posts(actually a response to it), I got called a "biased, prejudicial, narcissistic, little-brother jerk." Now i could have responded in kind, but I am not his little brother, so saw no reason to stoop to his level. And since I have left the site, I feel better. I do still read some of their stuff to get a good laugh. And to know I got that much under their skin, is a reason to feel good. I never backed down, no matter how many of the mind numbed robots over there ganged up on me. I am sure they feel they ran me off, but I told them I would not post after the first of the year, except to congratulate them if they won the playoff. But they dropped the ball, and "Shamefully Embarrassed the Conference" again. And yes, anyone is free to use that.

See, It doesn't take but a few minutes to look it up and prove the lies. I'm guessing they've never heard of the internet or the word research. The problem is too many out there blindly accept what they say as fact and don't bother to find out for themselves if its actually true. They don't like being proven wrong so they resort to name calling and personal attacks. It's amazing what they spout off and claim as fact with NOTHING anywhere to support any of it. They really are a clueless bunch of people with no life other than to claim things that never happened in their history or to undermine Auburn success. They are the lowest form of life on earth.

• 4 weeks later...

See, It doesn't take but a few minutes to look it up and prove the lies. I'm guessing they've never heard of the internet or the word research. The problem is too many out there blindly accept what they say as fact and don't bother to find out for themselves if its actually true. They don't like being proven wrong so they resort to name calling and personal attacks. It's amazing what they spout off and claim as fact with NOTHING anywhere to support any of it. They really are a clueless bunch of people with no life other than to claim things that never happened in their history or to undermine Auburn success. They are the lowest form of life on earth.

The other problem is too many Auburn fans know less of our history, that they do UAT's. Nothing wrong with us knowing about their history, and about how it is over inflated(they have a great history, no need to try to make it better than it is), but we know need to know more about our own. With some of them, no amount of facts will ever matter. But every once in a while, and if you can not tell what teams are involved until after the truth, you can get them to admit that they shouldn't make the claim(1941 comes to mind, but is one of at least 6 MNC's they claim that are bogus.) Not because they were not a good team, but someone else deserved it more. And you might even get a few of them to admit Auburn has a legitimate claim to more than we claim.

Archived