Muschamp out at Florida (MERGED)

WarTiger

Muschamp won't come back as long as Jacobs and Jackson are here.

I think that could be arranged. Of course, we would hope he would act like an adult and let the past stay in the past. If Gus and Jacobs can make him the highest paid coordinator in CFB I would hope that would do it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With muschump being canned and Gus's name popping up he'll get to pick his upgrades that he wants!

It shouldn't take that to get this done.

No but that is how this works. It is all ridiculous anyway's. Our facilities are awesome compared to a few years ago. This is all getting out of hand. We're going to have to have a Tim Cook, billionaire owner, take over to pay for all of this since we are going professional anyways.

Muschamp won't come back as long as Jacobs and Jackson are here.

I think that could be arranged. Of course, we would hope he would act like an adult and let the past stay in the past. If Gus and Jacobs can make him the highest paid coordinator in CFB I would hope that would do it.

Can't imagine he would take that kind of demotion.....in the SEC no less. What makes anyone think the AU DC job is so great...we have had 4 in the past half dozen years...and I doubt he has particularly fond memories of his time here....

Anyway, he will not need a job for a while and as someone noted, bet he will take some time off to get over his UF experiences and take a good look before jumping into a coordinators job.

Muschamp will replace Smart when he takes a HC position somewhere.

The guy has been a HC in the toughest league in college football....and despite his record at UF, he gained some valuable experience....there are plenty of schools that would give him another shot at the top job.....why go backward if you don't have to ?

Where do y'all think Muschamp will end up? Would he prefer a HC job at a minor school, or a DC position at a major D1 school. Would He return to AU or another SEC school? I'm sure there'll be a lot of interest in him.

The guy has been a HC in the toughest league in college football....and despite his record at UF, he gained some valuable experience....there are plenty of schools that would give him another shot at the top job.....why go backward if you don't have to ?

He's going to go backwards no matter what. If he gets a HC job, it will be at a small school with no guarantees.

Might as well put yourself in the best possible situation to succeed so you'll be ready when the next big opportunity comes along. Alabama is guaranteed success for any half way decent DC.

We have got to go get someone to straighten this defense out. He is the best candidate. I say go after him even if it takes a million bucks and showing Jacobs and Jackson the door.

I may be called stupid for this but it's worth a shot... What about calling Rocker to come home and be DC? Just a thought...

I want an established DC. Not a trial run for anyone, especially one who was rumored to dislike recruiting.

I may be called stupid for this but it's worth a shot... What about calling Rocker to come home and be DC? Just a thought...

I want an established DC. Not a trial run for anyone, especially one who was rumored to dislike recruiting.

Didn't know that rumor... If true then I see your point and wouldn't want him then. I just hate seeing one of our own coaching for a rival and just putting a beat down on us. But, I guess that's what he gets paid to do. Doesn't mean I have to like it...

Why would Mullen, Freeze, Stoops, Stoops, Patterson, Rodriguez and Gundy all consider the UF job, but Malzahn wouldn't? Besides the fact we are on an AU message board?

He's going to go backwards no matter what. If he gets a HC job, it will be at a small school with no guarantees.

Might as well put yourself in the best possible situation to succeed so you'll be ready when the next big opportunity comes along. Alabama is guaranteed success for any half way decent DC.

As for being the DC at bama...I expect that most people give Saban credit for bama's defensive prowess....

Better to be the HC at an ACC, Big 12 or smaller school than a coordinator anywhere....at least you are in control of your own destiny whereas the coordinator is pretty much dependent on how well the HC does. Check the Malzahn route....JMO but it would be a pretty simple choice.

Why would Mullen, Freeze, Stoops, Stoops, Patterson, Rodriguez and Gundy all consider the UF job, but Malzahn wouldn't? Besides the fact we are on an AU message board?

i think Mark Stoops is the only one of that group that would consider the UF job.

My choice for DC, if there is a change, is Jeremy Priutt. You get the DC and recuiter. Write him the check and trust that he will take care of the defense.

That's DEFINITELY not going to happen. Pruitt hates Auburn with a passion.

My choice for DC, if there is a change, is Jeremy Priutt. You get the DC and recuiter. Write him the check and trust that he will take care of the defense.

The main reason he left FSU for UGA was to be closer to his son who lives in that area. Money may not be everything. Actually, it is good to see,

UF is going through a uat type situation without the weight of ncaa probation. Coaches have become wary of taking that job. Getting a name coach with a winning record to go there will take cash and lots of it. The same solution uat had to use.

If Muschamp goes the DC route, would he be considered for an NFL job? I don't know if you could consider that a downgrade. However, I don't think he would fit in well with the NFL level players with his personality. Just a thought that has not been considered.

UF is going through a uat type situation without the weight of ncaa probation. Coaches have become wary of taking that job. Getting a name coach with a winning record to go there will take cash and lots of it. The same solution uat had to use.

Mullen might go there. Would be a step up for him. They talked with stoops before. Might try again but I don't see it. I have heard Mcelwain as a possibility.

If Muschamp goes the DC route, would he be considered for an NFL job? I don't know if you could consider that a downgrade. However, I don't think he would fit in well with the NFL level players with his personality. Just a thought that has not been considered.

I don't think so. Has no prior NFL experience. Like you said that personality wouldn't go over real well.

Archived