Auburn NFL Draft Thread

AU-24

AUBURN -- Nick Marshall is headed to Jacksonville as an undrafted free agent, according to a source.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/auburnauthority/2015/05/02/nick-marshall-signs-with-jacksonville-jaguars/26799433/

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty mad with Gus Bradley right now. Pumped up Marshall like that during the Senior Bowl and couldn't have thrown him a bone and drafted him in the 7th or something.

Obviously, it's an unnecessary anger and Marshall is probably grateful as can be and will do anything he can to prove he should've been drafted higher.

Trovon Reed has signed with the Seahawks as an UFA.

I'm willing to bet that they're going to test him at receiver at least once

they got just about no one to help there if I remember correctly

OP updated ...

• Quan Bray - Indianapolis Colts, tryout
  • Corey Grant - Jacksonville Jaguars, free agency
  • Reese Dismukes - Pittsburgh Steelers, free agency
  • Nick Marshall - Jacksonville Jaguars, free agency
  • Patrick Miller - San Francisco 49ers, free agency
  • Trovon Reed - Seattle Seahawks, free agency
  • Chad Slade - Houston Texans, free agency
  • Robenson Therezie, Atlanta Falcons, free agency

Texas Texans. Since when?

The state of Texas don't need no mascot.

Brandon Marcello on why Dismukes wasn't drafted:

Concerns about Dismukes' character were voiced by teams leading up to the draft, according to WalterFootball.com.

"Sources question Dismukes' ability to fit in a locker room," according to the WalterFootball.com report. "Teams have some off-the-field concerns about him as a person, and they aren't sure that he will be a good teammate to all segments of the locker room."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/reese_dismukes_nfl_draft_1.html

Texas Texans. Since when?

Oooops! ;)/> Corrected.

aww man. Having a team called the Texas Texans would have been awesome.

Concerns about Dismukes' character were voiced by teams leading up to the draft, according to WalterFootball.com.

"Sources question Dismukes' ability to fit in a locker room," according to the WalterFootball.com report. "Teams have some off-the-field concerns about him as a person, and they aren't sure that he will be a good teammate to all segments of the locker room."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/05/reese_dismukes_nfl_draft_1.html

Really beating around the bush with those quotes.

You forgot to mention that Reese has beachfront property in Kansas. Seriously, that is bull crap. I smell foul play from the Lil sisters.

I'm glad the NFL is concerned about character again! Washington had a player drafted in the first round even though he was suspended most of last season!

I find this to be very funny: Bitdefender Antimalware stops me from going to Al.com consistently. Guess they feel AL.com is a crap site just like many of us do...

Bitdefender blocked this page

This page is blocked by Bitdefender Antimalware filter.

What am I missing with this Dismukes thing? Bad teammate?

Good question. Led his team to two SEC championships and a national title.

There were rumors once, one time, that he dropped some racial epithets around Reuben Foster. This "happened" on Reuben's last visit to Auburn and was the reason he left his visit early to go visit Tuscaloosa. This rumor was never confirmed, though it was denied.

Haven't heard anything of the sort since. I imagine he wouldn't have lasted at Auburn this long if he had any serious negative locker room attitudes.

Bad workouts, awful senior bowl, and average measurables.

Bad workouts, awful senior bowl, and average measurables.

That and it seemed like he didnt have alot of success with someone lined up directly over him. Lots of 3-4 teams in the NFL

Brandon King ...

@_KING205: ALL thanks given to GOD! So thankful and humbled to be a part of the Patriots program. #godhasaplan #work

There were rumors once, one time, that he dropped some racial epithets around Reuben Foster. This "happened" on Reuben's last visit to Auburn and was the reason he left his visit early to go visit Tuscaloosa. This rumor was never confirmed, though it was denied.

Haven't heard anything of the sort since. I imagine he wouldn't have lasted at Auburn this long if he had any serious negative locker room attitudes.

That was the visit in which Foster (allegedly) was openly and unashamedly recruiting for bammer. Dismukes (and one or two others) is alleged to have taken exception and heated words were exchanged in which some racial epithets are alleged to have flown. But again, it was heat of the moment kind of thing (if it even happened) and if they're blowing that up into some sort of "Dismukes is a racist" deal, they are full of...uncomposted fertilizer from the horse barn.

There was that weird rumor earlier in his career about a confrontation at the McDonald's on Mag. Same accusation that he was shouting racial slurs. No idea if that one's true, but clearly, he was viewed as a potential Incognito without the upside. Hopefully he works his butt off and sticks in Pittsburgh.

wtf!!!!!

The slew of degenerates that were drafted and a 4 year letterman and Remington award winner ... No hint of off field issues the last 3 years ... Yea the NFL is so screwed up it is unbelievable.

Inconsistent much????

Archived