As Ramadi falls, Obama joins twitter !

AURaptor

Ol Georgie at it again lol

Again ? Where? What's he done now?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused by this thread. Do you folks defending the twitter account really understand that WE, American Service Man and Women, are the ones likely to have to go back in and get ISIS out of Ramadi and Iraq? Do you appreciate that everyday we are told that ISIS is a "JV Team" and "is on the run" is in reality just more proof that the folks in this Administration really do not have a working policy in the ME? We trained the Iraqi Troops and they are dismal failures. Over there, they arent fighting for freedoms, they are fighting for whichever dictator ruins their lives this week. Everyday ISIS grows stronger just means that we are even more likely to be politically cornered by the UN into going back in there and taking them out. Who else is going to do it?

Our ME policy, IF WE EVEN HAVE ONE, is failing. The OP was making fun of the "Nero fiddling while Rome burns" look of it all. I have zero faith that we wont soon be back in the ME wasting another $1TN that we dont have. Our airstrike policy has just been laughably bad so far. With every loss , the likelihood of boots on the ground grows. And some of you folks are jerking off making some silly assed meaningless message board pablum.

Romney, for all his faults, saw that Russia was coming back as a threat. Twitter man uttered the oh-so-hashtag phrase, "The eighties called, they want their foreign policy back" and shortly thereafter the tanks rolled into the Ukraine...because "Mr Always Deosnt Know s*** Until He Sees It On TV" is off golfing or twittering or fundraising or whatever... Meanwhile Rome Ramadi is indeed Burning.

Do you appreciate that everyday we are told that ISIS is a "JV Team" and "is on the run" is in reality just more proof that the folks in this Administration really do not have a working policy in the ME?

The administration does not tell us Isis is the "JV team" on a daily basis. You sir are getting this daily dose from some other source.

Probably also the source of your confusion.

Do you appreciate that everyday we are told that ISIS is a "JV Team" and "is on the run" is in reality just more proof that the folks in this Administration really do not have a working policy in the ME?

The administration does not tell us Isis is the "JV team" on a daily basis. You sir are getting this daily dose from some other source.

We are told daily that ISIS is on the run. We were assured that we were gaining the upper hand in the fight just recently.

That is obviously patently false.

Islamic State group, or ISIS, militants last night launched an ultimately failed four-hour offensive by firing mortars
on Iraqi troops and Shiite militiamen staged outside Ramadi in a bid to slow a pending Iraqi counterattack on the Anbar provincial capital,
Reuters
reported this morning. ISIS has reportedly spent the last few days in Ramadi building up defensive positions and laying down land mines as the fate of the city—and the broader fight against the militant group—has taken on enormous significance in Baghdad and Washington.

After President Barack Obama met with two dozen of his top national security advisors yesterday
, his administration endorsed Baghdad’s decision
Tuesday “to speed up the training and equipping of local Sunni tribal fighters,
expand Iraqi military recruitment, and train local police” in the hopes of gaining back Anbar and putting the war on some kind of sustainable footing,
The Wall Street Journal
’s
Carol Lee and Dion Nissenbaum
reported last night.

Mosul and Ninewa province,
rather than Ramadi and Anbar
, are the strategic prizes U.S. and Iraqi war planners should target promptly
as the
Obama administration scrambles for a viable way forward
in the wider war against ISIS in both fragmented Iraq and civil-war-torn Syria, writes Anthony Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Army Brig. Gen. Kurt Crytzer, deputy commander ofU.S. Special Operations Command Central, revealed the concern at a conference on Tuesday when he spoke about “intelligence reports that we’ve gotten that members [of the anti-Islamic State coalition] were firing on helicopters because they thought we were supporting Daesh.” That’s from
Defense One
’s Patrick Tucker, reporting from the National Defense Industrial Association’s Special Operations Forces Industry Conference in Tampa, Florida

Does anyone really think obama's handlers will let him have full time access to a twitter account.? They can't trust him without running a TelePrompTer in front of him while he's talking. Twitter is probably the most dangerous access anyone can have if they say too much or the wrong thing. I think you may have seen the last tweet sent by Obama. Some staffer will send them from now on after the text has been cleared by group off policy hacks around Obama.

We are told daily that ISIS is on the run. We were assured that we were gaining the upper hand in the fight just recently.

link and date please (just need to see your definition of recently)

I turned on Cnn just now (8:20 AM) and they had the administration calling Ramadi a "setback". Also that this was going to take time in Iraq.

Is that recent by definition???

25]
Islamic State group, or ISIS, militants last night launched an ultimately failed four-hour offensive by firing mortars
on Iraqi troops and Shiite militiamen staged outside Ramadi in a bid to slow a pending Iraqi counterattack on the Anbar provincial capital,
reported this morning. ISIS has reportedly spent the last few days in Ramadi building up defensive positions and laying down land mines as the fate of the city—and the broader fight against the militant group—has taken on enormous significance in Baghdad and Washington.

After President Barack Obama met with two dozen of his top national security advisors yesterday
expand Iraqi military recruitment, and train local police” in the hopes of gaining back Anbar and putting the war on some kind of sustainable footing,
The Wall Street Journal
’s
reported last night.

as the
in the wider war against ISIS in both fragmented Iraq and civil-war-torn Syria, writes Anthony Cordesman of the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

25]
Army Brig. Gen. Kurt Crytzer, deputy commander ofU.S. Special Operations Command Central, revealed the concern at a conference on Tuesday when he spoke about “intelligence reports that we’ve gotten that members [of the anti-Islamic State coalition] were firing on helicopters because they thought we were supporting Daesh.” That’s from
Defense One
’s Patrick Tucker, reporting from the National Defense Industrial Association’s Special Operations Forces Industry Conference in Tampa, Florida

25].

Ramadi falls to ISIS...

25]
Reuters

The Wall Street Journal
’s
Carol Lee and Dion Nissenbaum
reported last night.

rather than Ramadi and Anbar
as the
Obama administration scrambles for a viable way forward

25]
Iranian-fueled rumors that the U.S. is arming ISIS have resulted in at least one instance where anti-ISIS fighters in Iraq have fired on U.S. forces
Defense One

25].

Ramadi falls to ISIS...

Yes and we'll get it back but it won't be pretty because now Shia Militia is involved. You know the Shia Militia that used EFPs against our troops?

Sorry 86...doesn't fit the narrative...move on.

The guy who was tasked with executing the ISIS strategy says there is no strategy (""We don't really have a strategy at all. We're basically playing this day by day.")...Gates has been pretty fair to "his worship" on his broader policies...hardly a stark partisan.

Guys, I can understand some of you being Obama brown-nosers...I get it...he's your guys...he's historic...he's cool...he ditty-bops when he walks for crying out loud...he hangs with the Kardashian crowd...he's the liberal wet dream. But I think you need to have your eyes checked as you appear to have a major depth perception issue and don't know where to stop when approaching O's ass and you're in up to the ears...because you can't actually see what is right in your face.

My theory on war fighting in the middle east doesnt change each time a new President takes over.

The guy who was tasked with executing the ISIS strategy says there is no strategy (""We don't really have a strategy at all. We're basically playing this day by day.")...Gates has been pretty fair to "his worship" on his broader policies...hardly a stark partisan.

Guys, I can understand some of you being Obama brown-nosers...I get it...he's your guys...he's historic...he's cool...he ditty-bops when he walks for crying out loud...he hangs with the Kardashian crowd...he's the liberal wet dream. But I think you need to have your eyes checked as you appear to have a major depth perception issue and don't know where to stop when approaching O's ass and you're in up to the ears...because you can't actually see what is right in your face.

Isis has taken over a few cities in Iraq. A bin laden lead Al Queda controlled land too.

The bar was set when a bin laden lead Al Queda dropped three very important buildings in the heart of New York and basically parked a plane inside our pentagon. This is the standard that was tragically set.

I will wait for your evidence that will convince me that Isis is a bigger threat to American soil than what we have all seen With 9-11.

Bush was reading a book upside down while the "varsity" had 4 planes over U.S. airspace and yall get bent out of shape because Obama tweets while a city you will never think of visiting, half way around the world in the M.E. is overtaken by muslims from muslims.

Its hard to take the brown noseing comment seriously when it is evident your disdain for anything Obama is the only reason you spoke the name Ramadi this week.

Since I am assuming that every poster here is capable of logical reasoning to some degree, is it also fair to assume that if any of these cities are retaken by Iraq all praise can go to this admin?

If Isis is ran out of Ramadi will you give this admin any credit, since by your understanding, Obama and his twitter is the only reason why Ramadi fell?

Oh , it'll be reversed.

Any week, month , year now...

Oh , it'll be reversed.

LOL... You are still convinced this is our battle.

U.S. troops and I give then two days tops. (In a recently captured and lightly fortified Ramadi) Iraq and its shadow of a military??? A little longer

I am willing to make an avatar bet if you are feeling froggy?

Less than 6 months and the Isis flags in Ramadi come down. You up for an "Obama smiling" avatar for one week???

Oh , it'll be reversed.

LOL... You are still convinced this is our battle.

U.S. troops and I give then two days tops. (In a recently captured and lightly fortified Ramadi) Iraq and its shadow of a military??? A little longer

I am willing to make an avatar bet if you are feeling froggy?

Less than 6 months and the Isis flags in Ramadi come down. You up for an "Obama smiling" avatar for one week???

" reversed " was SecState Kerry's word. Not mine.

Clarify for me.. you start by asking if I think this is our fight, implying you think it isn't. THEN you say give it 6 months, & their black isis flag will be down. And if / when that happens, I'm suppose to give Obama the credit.

I'll take your bet. But what are you willing to post for your avatar ( or sig ) if isis still holds Ramadi ?

Well, I'll just chalk you up as another ODS victim who thinks Obama's twitter account is directly connected to the fall of Ramadi. :-\

Since I am assuming that every poster here is capable of logical reasoning to some degree, is it also fair to assume that if any of these cities are retaken by Iraq all praise can go to this admin?

If Isis is ran out of Ramadi will you give this admin any credit, since by your understanding, Obama and his twitter is the only reason why Ramadi fell?

You are hopelessly over-generous. ;D

Homie - I've fully explained all this here. Stop straw manning and trying to claim Ramadi fell BECAUSE Obama got a twitter account.

Schultz didn't mention the twitter account. :dunno:

Too obvious I suppose. <_<

Why would Schultz mention the twitter account ? That's the POINT ! While he's pimping how great the US policy is working ( it isn't ) Obama is off mindlessly announcing he's on twitter. You're not SUPPOSE to connect the dots, but instead be completely oblivious and unconcerned. Mission accomplished, I see.

Homie, apparently you're too much of an Obama fan-boy to see how things work from their perspective. It's all about promoting a narrative. Everything is awesome. Iraq is fine, and Obama is hip. Now, go watch Game of Thrones or Dances with the Stars or what ever, and pay no attention to what's really going on.

Well, apparently I am too oblivious to connect Obama's twitter account to Ramadi.

Or, as more sane people might view it, I lack the irrational, obsessive hatred of Obama that would allow me to "see" such a connection. :rolleyes:

Well, I'll just chalk you up as another ODS victim who thinks Obama's twitter account is directly connected to the fall of Ramadi. :-\

Following your logic: Nero's Violin caused the burning of Rome? Really?

Archived