As Ramadi falls, Obama joins twitter !

AURaptor

“The president is not going to be in a position where he's going to consider a large-scale U.S. military deployment,” Earnest added. “And for those who are calling on a change in strategy, I would encourage them to be specific.”

I endorse those sentiments.

So, Josh tells us what we'll NOT be doing, which no one is suggesting we do in the first place , and then solicits REPORTERS to " be specific " on what military changes they'd suggest, even as he is telling them that Obama has double downed on this completely failed strategy.

WOW ! There's leadership.

Actually, soliciting opinions and/or advice is most certainly a strong indicator of effective leadership.

It's the ones who are convinced they just know better than everyone else - or rely on such advisers - you have to watch out for.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, soliciting opinions and/or advice is most certainly a strong indicator of effective leadership.

Correct. From your MILITARY leaders. Not a room full of reporters.

It's the ones who are convinced they just know better than everyone else - or rely on such advisers - you have to watch out for.

Newsflash - some DO know better than everyone else. Some who were there. Who ARE there. Having eyes on the ground trumps the desire to push a POLITICAL agenda, damn near every time.

“The president is not going to be in a position where he's going to consider a large-scale U.S. military deployment,” Earnest added. “And for those who are calling on a change in strategy, I would encourage them to be specific.”

I endorse those sentiments.

I aint got to have no opinion. All I want a do is bitch, moan, and complane. barry sux. libtards is dumb.

Correct. From your MILITARY leaders. Not a room full of reporters.

Newsflash - it was a press spokesman, not Obama.

And the spokesman made a good point for the politicians who are trying to use the situation for gain or to simply attack Obama.

Also, my post was conceptual, not literal. I thought that was obvious. After all, who could actually think Obama is making a "public" plea for recommendations? :dunno:

Newsflash - some DO know better than everyone else. Some who were there. Who ARE there. Having eyes on the ground trumps the desire to push a POLITICAL agenda, damn near every time.

You are confused. I was referring to past and future presidents.

I am not aware of any past POTUS with direct and personal experience with the ME.

I did realize. alexa brought up 'tweeter' and hacking @POTUS's account, changing his name. Then YOU brought up Bush, for some inexplicable reason, who hasn't been President for over 1/2 a decade. None of what you said made any sense, what so ever, but you just HAD to interject Bush, as an obvious counter to the perceived ' Obama bashing ' .

You have confused yourself. It's really simple but you're so angry that Obama is president you can't think straight, and you're making yourself look so silly

Homie - watch the presser as the reporters, once again, are astonished that the WH double downs on its plan.

I did realize. alexa brought up 'tweeter' and hacking @POTUS's account, changing his name. Then YOU brought up Bush, for some inexplicable reason, who hasn't been President for over 1/2 a decade. None of what you said made any sense, what so ever, but you just HAD to interject Bush, as an obvious counter to the perceived ' Obama bashing ' .

You have confused yourself. It's really simple but you're so angry that Obama is president you can't think straight, and you're making yourself look so silly

So simple you forgot to correct me? But still able to insult me, huh ?

Funny

Pentagon sending 2,000 anti-tank weapons to Iraq

Since Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's visit to Washington in April, the U.S. has also delivered 250 mine-resistant, ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicles, 50 of them with mine rollers; 2,000 Hellfire missiles; 20,000 M-16s; 10,000 sets of body armor and helmets; and millions of rounds of ammunition, including small arms, tank artillery and anti-tank weapons.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/242814-pentagon-sending-2000-anti-tank-weapons-to-iraq?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Homie - watch the presser as the reporters, once again, are astonished that the WH double downs on its plan.

News reporters copping an incredulous tone in a press conference?!

I am shocked I tell you, shocked! :o

:-\

I am shocked I tell you, shocked! :o/>

:-\/>

So that'd be a. " no ".

Got it.

I am shocked I tell you, shocked! :o/>

:-\/>

So that'd be a. " no ".

Got it.

"no"? :dunno: Can you repeat the question?

So simple you forgot to correct me? But still able to insult me, huh ?

Funny

Correct you why? You never see anything beyond your perspective. And I didn't insult you I said you confused yourself.

cole - you claim I came into a discussion w/ my ' hate Obama ' agenda, not knowing what I was talking about . I showed you exactly what I was talking about, and you've yet to clarify for me where I had anything wrong. All you've done is repeat your claim " You never see anything beyond your perspective ", but not shown me how or where that perspective is inaccurate.

You need to start reading posts before you jump into conversations, then you'd be able to comprehend better. You'll get there one day, baby steps right now

Well, I did read the posts, and do fully comprehend. What did I say which was , in YOUR opinion, inaccurate ?

Very simple. You can't choose the same handles on Twitter. If you try it will say name already taken. One of the handles that was joked was lie too much or something like that I said that handle would already be taken so can't be used. You come in saying stay distracted and Bush isn't president which has absolutely NOTHING to do with MY conversation because you're a joke. You want an Obama hate fest and get upset with anybody who don't want to party with you, but now you've up the ante because you think you could bully me into the conversation. You can't. He made a joke and I continued it. But even if my joke were poking back to Bush for political reasons you are the absolute LAST person to tell me not to look back and focus on now because you still talk about the hands up don't shoot right now to this day. You will bring it up some time during this prosecution case....so once again shut up...stop confusing yourself, Obama is president sorry you lost, rush didn't run, take your blood pressure medicine and deal with it. Or at least if you don't want anybody to disagree join a hate board or whatever.

Also I don't have to adhere to your little demands,I can choose to ignore it and keep talking like you did when I called you out on that Stephen Smith post that all of you ran away from once you did EXACTLY what you call yourself speaking out about now....so just shut up

Thanks for confirming my comment. Bush isn't the President, Obama is.

but now you've up the ante because you think you could bully me into the conversation.

By pointing out the facts ? If that threatens you, then you've got other issues.

Yes, I'll mention HUDS, because it was and remains a lie. It never happened. A kid got violent and stupidly attacked a cop. He paid for it with his life. He's a tragic symbol, but not a hero, by any stretch of the imagination. ( And yet, they want to place a plaque where he died, in memorial, for a guy who died by his own actions )

How did you call me out on the Stephen Smith thread ? Must have been a real feather in your cap for you to cling to that one.

cole - you have this running theme where you think anyone who voices an opinion that's not yours is threatening your or trying to bully the conversation. Why is that ? I'm not going to shut up. Keep typing that if it makes you feel better, but it's not gonna happen.

One of the handles that was joked was lie too much or something like that I said that handle would already be taken so can't be used

Oh, so you're going back to the whole 'Bush lied ' crap, huh? This from a guy who believed HUDS, I guess.

Yeah, real hi-larious.

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

Stay ever so distracted.

You NEVER saw me agree with HUDS so strike that comment or be a liar. And once again Bush came up because you can't use the same handle twice. It was more to do with Twitter than anything political.

How did I call you out? Oh I guess you didn't see it. But you replied to it once...lol

So I guess you think you can bring up the past but nobody else can...gtho.

No you can't threaten me. Nothing about you is intimidating. You're not the intellectual power house you think, you're far from it.

No I don't have a running theme, you do. You think anybody who disagrees with you is wrong simply because you say so. And even when you're clearly wrong like in this case you will either try to take the convo somewhere else or become a child and say yes it is. Somebody will say no then post articles opinions your next reply....yes it is...lol

Political leaders need to learn from that experience: Americans will not put up with a bait and switch. That is a recipe for expensive failure. Of course, Americans do not necessarily have to agree on the best method to fight ISIS. But what we must understand about the conflict raging in Iraq and Syria is that it is grounded in political dysfunction and will take a long time to fix.

So, as we head into campaign season, our political leaders, rather than making empty promises of short-term fixes, ought to be focused on steeling the American people for that longer effort. Hopefully voters, whether Democratic, Republican, or independent, will reward candidates who do.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/21/opinions/fishman-honesty-about-isis-fight/index.html

cole - you keep claiming I'm wrong but you never make the case. Where did you call me out ?

SHOW IT, don't just make the claim.

Your twitter explanation is laughable. Everyone knows you can't make duplicate handles. That's not even an issue . What IS an issue is how you brought up Bush. , for exactly NO reason, at all.

cole - you keep claiming I'm wrong but you never make the case. Where did you call me out ?

Your twitter explanation is laughable. Everyone knows you can't make duplicate handles. That's not even an issue . What IS an issue is how you brought up Bush. , for exactly NO reason, at all.

Why dont you two take it to the PM section? Or go have a beer summit?

I'm on a phone so I can't pull up all that stuff but you know exactly what I'm talking about. You ran in the thread saying everything you could think of because CT posted that bogus story of him calling Brady a racist. The same rant you go on about rush and saying people are sheep led by media. As soon as I could you and your buddies out you all stopped posting at the same time. Gtfoh you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And as far as the Twitter stuff. Can't duplicate handles. President Twitter. President before Obama was Bush. There was a logic and a reason but you don't want the thread to veer away from trashing Obama. But even that is not an issue because who cares about you being upset? Shut up

Why dont you two take it to the PM section? Or go have a beer summit?

Nah. The reason he acts the way he acts is because everybody always backs down from him. I won't let anything go this time. He was stupid trying to be an a$$, didn't know what he was talking about and want to talk his way out. Not this time, I'll reply to every stupid message he creates

Archived