Fresh recruiting news

AUTaxMan

Guys, Coleman is a GREAT GREAT football player. He needs to put on a little weight. But I think he can do that without losing his wonderful speed. I think, depth chart wise, he may get a redshirt...which will help him develop. Kids got a motor and is a CLASS ACT.

You wont hear me say "AU got him because bama didnt want him" because that is not true...we wanted him. Out of Greenwood, Coleman, Deadrick, Worthington, Forbes...we wanted 2 of them. Any two.

Good pickup for AU.

While I trust TT's knowledge and ability to recruit top quality players I don't quite understand why we haven't landed more 5 star players so far this year! Georgia, Tennessee and Florida are all due for banner years and we are landing two and three (predominately 3 star) players. We have yet to gain a commit a commit from a nationally recognized player other than Tray Blackmon. Even if we eventually sign Trott and/or Mckenzie along with Antone Smith and a couple of others, this COULD have been a bang-up year. Could it be that TT and Chizk have been too busy accepting awards and attending parades and alumni groups to have busted their A$$es recruiting like they have in the past? Just a thought.

While I trust TT's knowledge and ability to recruit top quality players I don't quite understand why we haven't landed more 5 star players so far this year! Georgia, Tennessee and Florida are all due for banner years and we are landing two and three (predominately 3 star) players. We have yet to gain a commit a commit from a nationally recognized player other than Tray Blackmon. Even if we eventually sign Trott and/or Mckenzie along with Antone Smith and a couple of others, this COULD have been a bang-up year. Could it be that TT and Chizk have been too busy accepting awards and attending parades and alumni groups to have busted their A$$es recruiting like they have in the past? Just a thought.

139155[/snapback]

Yeah...How dare Tubs and this team enjoy what they accomplished this year...I think Tubs should not receive any award unless the presenter comes to Auburn to give it to him. Not only that, the players should be calling these recruits too....how dare them ride those floats at the parade and not be out trying to talk to the recruits that were there...

I am VERY dissapointed with the direction that this program is headed... :rolleyes:

139155[/snapback]

The parade is partly a recruiting tool and the awards look good on the desk when the recruit is talking with Tubs and Co.

139155[/snapback]

Well I am going to say what I think, and it may be worth nothing, and may not be at all what is really going on. I think one of the reasons that have recruits shying away from Auburn, is that they probably doubt that we will be as good as we were this last season. I mean let's face it, even ESPN's early projections have us ranked 22nd. I know those are just projections for the Preseason, but nobody except for maybe us Auburn fans thinks we can do anything close to what we did last season. Plus another reason if you look at our depth, we're pretty much stacked, except for maybe QB's. I mean look at the RB position. We have Smith, Irons, Stewart, Lester, and others. With McNeil coming back are OL will be good for atleast one more year. So depth at certain positions might have a bit to do with it as well. I think CTT will do all he needs to get the right recruits to Auburn, and we just have to have trust CTT.

Guys, Coleman is a GREAT GREAT football player. He needs to put on a little weight. But I think he can do that without losing his wonderful speed. I think, depth chart wise, he may get a redshirt...which will help him develop. Kids got a motor and is a CLASS ACT.

You wont hear me say "AU got him because bama didnt want him" because that is not true...we wanted him. Out of Greenwood, Coleman, Deadrick, Worthington, Forbes...we wanted 2 of them. Any two.

Good pickup for AU.

139134[/snapback]

Thank you, Sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar....

Guys, I just think that you're missing it. We are loading up on the Lines and LB's...we got two great receivers...but otherwise, we're pretty loaded up on skill players anyway. The trenches are important guys...it's where games are won and lost...and Tubs is bringin' em in!!! :au::homer:

I agree SKCAUB. If you point to games last year, when we got owned in the trenches. It didn't matter that we had Cadillac or Ronnie Brown... they still got stuffed.

139169[/snapback]

BINGO...as that coach from "up the road" used to say! :big:

that one's wide open. we've got david irons coming back, but who knows how he'll be with that knee? then zach gilbert played a lot this year, but tubby doesn't really like small corners. gilbert's my height (5'8"). then we redshirted three guys last year: anthony campbell, lorenzo ferguson, and tristan davis last year. we also have commitments from two guys already, aaron savage and jerraud powers, and we're still recruiting two others, a juco guy jonothan wilhite and a guy from florida walter mcfadden.

139155[/snapback]

Guys we didn't go 13-0 with a bunch of so-called 5 Star players. We had a few at best with a sprinkling of so-called 4 Stars. Most of ours were 2's and 3's with even some 1's, most notably Courtney Taylor. Remember this, Mel Kiper is NOT the one rating these 17 and 18 year old kids. Who do you believe? Tommy Tubberville or the Forrest Gump's of the world? Coach T said this may be his best class EVER. Didn't this past year teach you delusional recruiting junkies anything? Oh yea, WDE!!!

Who looks to be the replacement for Carlos Rogers?

139177[/snapback]

David Irons.... Speed to burn if comes back from the surgery...and there's no reason to think that he won't.... :au::homer:

Could it be that TT and Chizk have been too busy accepting awards and attending parades and alumni groups to have busted their A$$es recruiting like they have in the past?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::rolleyes:

Not even close...

We do not want the best players in the country. We want the best players in the Country that are capable of becoming AUBURN TIGERS! :au::au:

If it were easy, everyone would be a Tiger! :thumbsup:

Let the rest find somewhere else to "play". :D

If you think the "Blue Chippers" aren't the best ones, you are wrong! Granted, there are some "Flukes" but, by and large, they prove to b e the most productive in the long run. For example, Jason Campbell was rated the #2 QB in the country the year we signed him. Ronnie Brown was rated the top back in Georgia, Carnell Williams was the top back in Alabama. Danny Lindsay was a parade all american, etc. These kids were NOT a bunch of unknowns. Don't misunderstand me as apparently some of you did when I made my post. I know full well the value of recruiting a combination of blue chippers and blue collar players as glue to hold the team together and make it work and so did both Coach Dye and Coach Jordan. On the flip side, Jeremy Ingle was an invited walk-on which substantiates the value of determination, dedication and hard work. I was simply voicing my passing curiosity as to why this season has not served us better in attracting a few more of t hose 4 and 5 star players. Most do work out you know!

If you think the "Blue Chippers" aren't the best ones, you are wrong! Granted, there are some "Flukes" but, by and large, they prove to b e the most  productive in the long run. For example, Jason Campbell was rated the #2 QB in the country the year we signed him. Ronnie Brown was rated the top back in Georgia, Carnell Williams was the top back in Alabama. Danny Lindsay was a parade all american, etc. These kids were NOT a bunch of unknowns. Don't misunderstand me as apparently some of you did when I made my post. I know full well the value of recruiting a combination of blue chippers and blue collar players as glue to hold the team together and make it work and so did both Coach Dye and Coach Jordan. On the flip side, Jeremy Ingle was an invited walk-on which substantiates the value of determination, dedication and hard work. I was simply voicing my passing curiosity as to why this season has not served us better in attracting a few more of t hose 4 and 5 star players. Most do work out you know!

139276[/snapback]

Yup...too bad we never get any of those guys...oh wait...yes we do! :big:

:au::homer:

Archived