2017 4* S Devon Hunter

ellitor

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I assume that is what you think because I still haven't seen anything official.

Every single crystal ball points to Virginia Tech... which makes me think he's not going to Virginia Tech.

50 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why? I wan't the one to take the Ole Miss DC job & our chances of getting Hunter with it.

For confirming my thoughts about missing on Devon

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Tonight sometime during a basketball game.

IDK where else to ask you this but I guess this is the best spot of any to do so . Auburn has had at least 1 (sometimes more) announce for us on National Signing day on the espn family of networks ever since Corey Lemonier (he is the first one I can remember on this streak could be longer) did way back when in chiziks first full class. Is that streak in jeopardy this year?

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IDK where else to ask you this but I guess this is the best spot of any to. Auburn has had at least 1 (sometimes more) announce for us on National Signing day on the espn family of networks ever since Corey Lemonier (he is the first one I can remember on this streak. could be longer) did way back when in chiziks first full class. Is that streak in jeopardy this year?

Yup. We have 6 spots open and looks like we will only get 4 more IMO. Ryan Johnson or Tyler Taylor seem to be the only options right now unless we can pull off a shocker with Bryant & he do it on ESPN. Will end a 7 year streak.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. We have 6 spots open and looks like we will only get 4 more IMO. Ryan Johnson or Tyler Taylor seem to be the only options right now unless we can pull off a shocker with Bryant & he do it on ESPN. Will end a 7 year streak.

Which then means most likely ESPN will have no reason to send a reporter on location either at Auburn for the first time in awhile either. I am sure they are probaly thrilled honestly. They had reporters with us all day on NSD even after 3-9, three 8-5 seasons on this run and one 7-6 season.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Which then means most likely ESPN will have no reason to send a reporter on location either at Auburn for the first time in awhile either. I am sure they are probaly thrilled honestly. They had reporters with us all day on NSD even after 3-9, three 8-5 seasons on this run and one 7-6 season.

Record does not have an impact how a team does on NSD or in a current class as a whole. That is proven on a yearly basis.

Just now, ellitor said:

Record does not have an impact how a team does on NSD or in a current class as a whole. That is proven on a yearly basis.

My point is I would say espn is glad they do not have to come here because they rather be at a teams headquarters coming off a big season. It fits the narrative they are crafting. That is all. having a top 10 class after going 3-9 shows records dont mean a whole lot in recruiting.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

so basically the 2 left open will not be filled because all the domino affects of ole miss dc "retiring" and them having to go waaaaaaaaaay down the list. Its crazy how it had to be the "perfect storm" of events for us to lose crime dawg. Those 2 spots would of def been filled by cj avery and hunter. MAN we could of been so stacked at safety for years to come.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

so basically the 2 left open will not be filled because all the domino affects of ole miss dc "retiring" and them having to go waaaaaaaaaay down the list. Its crazy how it had to be the "perfect storm" of events for us to lose crime dawg. Those 2 spots would of def been filled by cj avery and hunter. MAN we could of been so stacked at safety for years to come.

Not sure we would have taken 6 DBs which that would have meant getting both & not letting someone else go. I think someone would have been let go. I don't know that we get CJ though. He made up his mind for Louisville before CWM finally said yes to Ole Miss's 3rd offer. It leaves 1 spot lost due to CWM leaving essentially. I did forget we may take a 2nd TE now. The last spot or 2 will end up being grad transfers IMO which are hit or miss as we have already seen.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure we would have taken 6 DBs which that would have meant getting both & not letting someone else go. I think someone would have been let go. I don't know that we get CJ though. He made up his mind for Louisville before CWM finally said yes to Ole Miss's 3rd offer. It leaves 1 spot lost due to CWM leaving essentially. I did forget we may take a 2nd TE now. The last spot or 2 will end up being grad transfers IMO which are hit or miss as we have already seen.

hit or miss you say?! is that a joke about marshall taylor??? :]]]]]]]]

You all know more than me but it looks like they are taking another OL. I would think we get TJ or Lasater. If we get R. Johnson looks like we would still take T. Taylor as well. thats 4. From what i am seeing they will fall back and take another ath safety type. Thats 5. If they take another TE as you say then thats 6 and we are full. Pretty sure if we hit on the above that will play out. We all know Big Cat is going to UGA and Parks somewhere other than us. Just hate to strike out on a projected rush DE.

52 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hit or miss you say?! is that a joke about marshall taylor??? :]]]]]]]]

Franklin

49 minutes ago, auol72 said:

You all know more than me but it looks like they are taking another OL. I would think we get TJ or Lasater. If we get R. Johnson looks like we would still take T. Taylor as well. thats 4. From what i am seeing they will fall back and take another ath safety type. Thats 5. If they take another TE as you say then thats 6 and we are full. Pretty sure if we hit on the above that will play out. We all know Big Cat is going to UGA and Parks somewhere other than us. Just hate to strike out on a projected rush DE.

AU taking another DB is not a given any more. Looks like they will stick with 4 in the class.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Franklin

Not a grad transfer but good example of jucos being hit or miss too.

Archived