2017 4* S Devon Hunter

ellitor

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's right. Even though CRG has the title of recruiting coordinator it's actually Patrick Suddes. Given the title to an on field coach is just a way to give a pay bump.

Last I checked, Horton had the title of recruiting coordinator.  When did that change?

**Update** I just looked at the staff directory.  Horton & Garner are Recruiting Coordinators. I know Horton was hired as the initial Recruiting Coordinator.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

3 would be fine...we're at 2 with Peters and Gonzalez, but I think both end up at corner. Peters could be a fine safety, but his length would be a real asset at corner.

Interesting. Have not heard anything about Carlito as a possible CB.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Last I checked, Horton had the title of recruiting coordinator.  When did that change?

CRG came in as the "Recruiting Coordinator". I've never seen that change since he was hired.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

CRG came in as the "Recruiting Coordinator". I've never seen that change since he was hired.

They both are listed as RCs. Link

Scroll down towards the bottom where you see football.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My mistake then.

If your looking for a 3 star who can play anything including safety and would be a great player look no further than right up the road at Lafayette HS for J. Whitlow. Super strong kid, great basketball player, smart with great quickness. He is also an Alabama kid, dont care what you say it matters.

10 minutes ago, auol72 said:

If your looking for a 3 star who can play anything including safety and would be a great player look no further than right up the road at Lafayette HS for J. Whitlow. Super strong kid, great basketball player, smart with great quickness. He is also an Alabama kid, dont care what you say it matters.

He supposedly has grade concerns and that's why AU has not talked to him much the past month.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've also read somewhere that Gonzalez could be moved to CB.  Not saying it's going to happen, but I've heard that too

At a certain point, you can't move everyone to CB. You can only play so many of those guys. Marlon Character will supposedly move down (he was signed with Safety in mind). Malcolm Askew is playing Nickel/CB. If Peters and Gonzalez and Leonard are all seen as CBs... we've oversigned that position at the expense of other spots.

I suspect we'll see guys move back from CB to Safety this year, which is exactly what happened with Ruffin and Roberts. Both those guys started their careers at CB.

Oh and I'm glad we're going after Hunter. If we can get him back on campus, we'll have a shot.

Good point about moving CB's to safety. I will be shocked if J. Dean does not move to safety once he is healed totally from his knee. He would also be the biggest safety we have if he moves at 6-2 209.

I've always heard it is difficult to move a Safety to corner. Mc is correct about Roberts and Ruffin.  Seems we're always short on SEC quality Corners.

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Its easier to move from safety to corner than from corner to safety. Some guys get lost in space.

how in the hell would you know? I played both

8 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Is Brown going after Hunter or is there someone else on his board that is a dark horse recruit?

If we miss on Devon another Safety will likely pop up.

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I've also read somewhere that Gonzalez could be moved to CB.  Not saying it's going to happen, but I've heard that too

Peters is the only 1 I've read FWIW.

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Its easier to move from safety to corner than from corner to safety. Some guys get lost in space.

Rob Pate disagrees with this. Just providing a different opinion.

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

how in the hell would you know? I played both

So that was you who got burned on the first ever forward pass for a TD.

20 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Brown is on the road today visiting Hunter.

So how did this visit go last night ?

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So much for Gus the closer...

Surprisingly does not mean we are out of it by any means.. Scout's 5* update from twitter was about Devon & let's just say...It's on like Donkey Kong!

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Surprisingly does not mean we are out of it by any means.. Scout's 5* update from twitter was about Devon & let's just say...It's on like Donkey Kong!

Interesting... why do you think he would cancel if there's a chance he'll be committed by then? Think he's just pumping up the drama?

Archived