Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

52 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

"Inner city" is a euphemism used to describe an attitude or a world view. I suppose it was lost on you. I will simplify my posts in the future to better engage the masses rather than trying to use the language in a descriptive manner. Better yet, I will post in textspeak. Will that work for you? U shud get dat aight.

Quite possibly one of the most arrogantly ignorant statements ever posted.  

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewatching some games from last season and ... Dang we are going to miss Jovon on the field. I see a big time star in that guy. He has the vision, power, and speed. He could of been on Mason's level and even higher. I realize we may not miss his issues off the field but we will miss his rushing abilities. Hate we are moving on that was a huge loss to say the least. Pettway and Johnson will step up.

On 8/7/2016 at 8:03 PM, AU64 said:

Sorry Cole...you are clueless about me and what I think and my life's experiences.   One thing however, my "jealousy" might be translated into being tired of hearing about"poor me" and all the people who had it tough and should be excused.  Sorry but outside of college athletics the world does not work that way and nobody cares about how many stars a guy had in HS. 

All those non-athletes you mention who waste their college opportunity usually self-eliminate themselves because no one is coddling them, doing their work for them or whatever .....so usually they are soon gone from AU...leaving a spot for some HS kid who really wants a chance at a college education.  You are right, there is no publicity over most of them.....but at least they aren't hanging around wasting a valuable seat in an AU classroom.

As for our student athletes, it will be about whether he or she is taking , or took advantage of their educational opportunities and is prepared to do something other than play professional sports but I've listened to enough interviews of student athletes from all schools to be thoroughly discouraged about the futures ahead of most of them.   There are some happy surprises.....but not near enough. 

Smh. Yeah I know you saying this mean you never were a student athlete and you're trying to speak on experiences you have no idea about. And in your mind jocks are stupid, and the better the athlete the more you always seem to criticize. But that walk on or two star star that sucks you'll make all the excuses in the world for them. Clearly you've watched alot of movies but guess what? Some of those guys are better than everybody else because of the hard work they put in their entire lives and aren't entitled about anything. Some struggle in school because they go to a public school that sucks.

I have a cousin who plays basketball for Tenn that will out work ANYBODY period. Started training when he was in sixth grade, working out, dribbling, shooting, every single day. You can look down on him if you want, you can cheer for Timmy because he didn't get a scholarship but he didn't work as hard either, and you can cheer because he hit some free throws or whatnot. But bottom line if you weren't ever a D1 scholarship athlete you don't know what you're talking about at all. At most you're going off some stories you've read and drawing a conclusion. But I guess you're forgetting how the guys who do everything right doesn't make news therefore you're not seeing or hearing about them.....And there are ALOT more of them than the stereotype You make up and talk about....

I concur. Now when you see stupidity and you don't even want to argue about it, I guess Smh is feminine? But making memes with fat men cocking a pistol is VERY masculine....lmao

Smh

Archived