Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, auownsua said:

We as fan of this University's football team say and post over the top responses over stuff sometimes.... Just like this thread on JR. But for God sake man (TT) why are you so damn abrasive in your posts back to some of us on here????? Sry but it rubs me the wrong way so hence my response towards you I guess. For the record I am a diehard AU fan through and through. I do support CGM's decision to dismiss JR. I also feel I can be or say that I've been critical of the play calling over the yrs I've seen from Gus or if it's RL. It's been way to predictable. Way to long but hey I'm just a fan in the stands or sitting in my recliner spectator who's opinions really don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things right?

I would've thought this referring to WT (no offense) if there was no names being mentioned

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

JJ weighs about 240+ pounds and is about 6'-6.....watched him push his way through a defensive line last season on several occasions....and it's nice to have the size and strength.

You wanted a yard....right? not a breakaway run.

JJ's not a runner despite all his physical gifts.

1 hour ago, blueridge said:

Robinson isn't that good.

No words...

This blow your Muschamp quote out of the water...

2 hours ago, The Freak said:

Not continuing to push the spiel, but I heard from B/R that he's been working on running all year for the presumed shift in playing style that Gus is trying out. If he has became more decisive a runner, that's half his problems off the board right there. I'm interested in whether he becomes JEREMY again, because Lord knows we need someone of that caliber.

5 hours ago, The Freak said:

This.  No willingness to get hit once he got to AU. 

7 hours ago, blueridge said:

Robinson isn't that good.

If JR would have kept his head on straight hewould have been the 2nd best back in the SEC this year behind LF. I would put a healthy Nick Chubb above him also.. As for Tre Mason being only 205 with KJ at 211, they are different running styles. KJ is also a few inches taller than Tre. 

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

If JR would have kept his head on straight hewould have been the 2nd best back in the SEC this year behind LF. I would put a healthy Nick Chubb above him also..

Yup. If Jovon had come to AU as focused, dedicated, and hungry as he was his 1st juco year he would have gone Beast Mode last year & ready to do it again this year.

6 hours ago, auownsua said:

Again.... another typical post by Mr. TT... who in the hell put you in a position of being an administrator? & Heaven help the players & coaches if your still a HS official! What a nightmarish ordeal for them to deal with I'm quite certain of for those poor souls.

You know TT.... They say when you get older you become more and more cantankerous.... Well you must be pretty damn old Sir. 

I was never a high school official.

All I'm saying is, you're on a public message board.  If you can't handle your opinions being scrutinized you stick to private emails with your likeminded buddies.  And if it hurts your feelings to get criticism, then no one is making you stay here and subject yourself to it.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yup. If Jovon had come to AU as focused, dedicated, and hungry as he was his 1st juco year he would have gone Beast Mode last year & ready to do it again this year.

Yep E. There is no telling how good he would have been in this offense. Kid screwed up big time, he has  really hurt his chance to be drafted. We would have led the SEC  in rushing this year had JR done what he is supposed to do.

6 hours ago, auownsua said:

We as fan of this University's football team say and post over the top responses over stuff sometimes.... Just like this thread on JR. But for God sake man (TT) why are you so damn abrasive in your posts back to some of us on here????? Sry but it rubs me the wrong way so hence my response towards you I guess. For the record I am a diehard AU fan through and through. I do support CGM's decision to dismiss JR. I also feel I can be or say that I've been critical of the play calling over the yrs I've seen from Gus or if it's RL. It's been way to predictable. Way to long but hey I'm just a fan in the stands or sitting in my recliner spectator who's opinions really don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things right?

I was responding to someone who immediately declared that anyone who didn't concur with his pessimistic outlook was a "sunshine pumper" and he was sick of it.  I was not grouchy, but I did push back.  Then you decided to insert your opinion into the matter and I let you know your options.

No one - EVER - has said or implied you can't be critical or get upset.  But again, this is an open message board where anyone can join and offer their views.  That means if you put yours out there for public consumption, there's a good chance someone may reply and call you out on it.  I'm not a hand-holding, "I'm ok, you're ok" kind of person.  I don't offer opinions that I don't expect to have to possibly defend with facts.  I have the same expectations of others.  

If you can't take that, the internet just isn't for you.

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I was responding to someone who immediately declared that anyone who didn't concur with his pessimistic outlook was a "sunshine pumper" and he was sick of it.  I was not grouchy, but I did push back.  Then you decided to insert your opinion into the matter and I let you know your options.

No one - EVER - has said or implied you can't be critical or get upset.  But again, this is an open message board where anyone can join and offer their views.  That means if you put yours out there for public consumption, there's a good chance someone may reply and call you out on it.  I'm not a hand-holding, "I'm ok, you're ok" kind of person.  I don't offer opinions that I don't expect to have to possibly defend with facts.  I have the same expectations of others.  

If you can't take that, the internet just isn't for you.

Agree.  I know you do.  One of your compadres is slow to come around but that is OK too.

wde

6 hours ago, The Freak said:

JJ had twice the number of rushing TDs as did JR in half the carries.....wonder how that happened?  :dunno:.

I'm not saying he is a good runner overall

But:   The question was: ; you need a yard on 4th down....what's the play that is most likely to get it?

Answer:   JJ behind one of our big guards.  JMO

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JJ had twice the number of rushing TDs as did JR in half the carries.....wonder how that happened?  :dunno:.

I'm not saying he is a good runner overall

But:   The question was: ; you need a yard on 4th down....what's the play that is most likely to get it?

Answer:   JJ behind one of our big guards.  JMO

JJ is a good running QB. He just really doesn't like to do it.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JJ is a good running QB. He just really doesn't like to do it.

Yep E. JJ could be a very good dual threat qb. He just doesnt like to run. He ran all over a star studded Auburn High defense his senior year I believe. 

Count me as one who doesn't think the sky is falling because JR was dismissed. I was never overly impressed with him anyway. Serviceable back?  Yes,  superstar?  No. Good vision, good size, but a step or two slow. He wad not even close to being the 2nd best back in the SEC. Not even in Chubb's stratosphere. Tennessee has at least one, and maybe two who are way better. If I had to pick one back that we have had since 2009, Robinson would be my last pick.  Now will we be better off with Kerryon? Only time will tell.

I know that there are fols who consider that they have a high football IQ on this board, but really did any of you guys think that maybe JJ's reluctance to run on some occassions, might have been on order of coaches. I suggest you watch his high school tapes. There is no way that he is afraid to run. Most of his runs inside the red-zone last year were planned runs and I saw no hesitation at all. Unless your in the coaching loop and know what he is being told to do then you have no clue whether he did his job or not. I realize this is a message board where a lot of guys that never had what it takes to play sports or coach it (other than little league) come on here to flex their imaginary muscle and knowledge, but in the same respect remember these are young men that have given a lot to represent AU, a place I care deeply about, and because they are real people not hiding behind a screen name then show some respect. WDE

31 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Count me as one who doesn't think the sky is falling because JR was dismissed. I was never overly impressed with him anyway. Serviceable back?  Yes,  superstar?  No. Good vision, good size, but a step or two slow. He wad not even close to being the 2nd best back in the SEC. Not even in Chubb's stratosphere. Tennessee has at least one, and maybe two who are way better. If I had to pick one back that we have had since 2009, Robinson would be my last pick.  Now will we be better off with Kerryon? Only time will tell.

JR had superstar potential. Also if JR played like he did 1st year of juco he is definitely in the same league as Chubb. He is better than Heard and Kamara. Obviously if I had to pick one back since 2009 for our offense it would be Tre with all things considered. Based on talent alone I probably either go with JR or Dyer. Mason had heart, determination, work ethic, will 2 win, and was a team player which are things both of these guys are lacking. I am not saying the sky is falling, however we did lose our best offensive player and someone who would have had a huge year rushing the football imo as long as he stayed out of dog house which he wasn't able to do. KJ is a star just not an every down back imo. JR was a big time talent with big time issues.

JR a "serviceable" back??    PB was a serviceable back.   JR was a top flight SEC level talent when playing.    Home run threat - no.  A threat to turn a 3yd gain into a 5yd gain every time - yes.    And a lot of games get decided on short yardage, move the chains kind of runs.     If we fall back to the "serviceable" back situation, we'll probably leave a win or two out on the field this season.

2 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

JR a "serviceable" back??    PB was a serviceable back.   JR was a top flight SEC level talent when playing.    Home run threat - no.  A threat to turn a 3yd gain into a 5yd gain every time - yes.    And a lot of games get decided on short yardage, move the chains kind of runs.     If we fall back to the "serviceable" back situation, we'll probably leave a win or two out on the field this season.

I guess opinions are like something in the posterior region, everybody has one. I personally feel you can rate a super back by about 5 special attributes. 1) Strength and power. 2) Vision . 3) Balance. 4) Quick feet, (elusiveness)  5) Homerun speed. To be what I call an elite back you need at least 3, preferably 4 if those 5. Jovon in my opinion had 2, 3 at best. We have had a few with all 5. Tre Mason, Bo, Fullwood, Cadillac,  maybe even Kenny Irons. I would not rank Robinson in the same league as those guys. 

25 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

I thinking people are just talking to be talking now..serviceable..Jesus.

Jovon's JUCO coach pretty much backed up CGM, saying there were numerous things that happened over the summer and Jovon didnt do what he needed to do to earn CGM's trust

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I thinking people are just talking to be talking now..serviceable..Jesus.

Look,  I know some of you think the guy was a game changer. I just did not see it. Not saying he wasn't good, just not elite. 

Archived