Jovon Robinson dismissed

Metalsinger418

JR is one troubled fella to put it mildly. Forget football for a bit, he's got to get himself straight as a person apparently. 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are going to be some messy details coming out of this... speculating 1 step ahead here I think people are going to wonder why we brought this guy in in the first place

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think there are going to be some messy details coming out of this... speculating 1 step ahead here I think people are going to wonder why we brought this guy in in the first place

He didn't have any of these red flags in JUCO. None that I've ever heard. 

You're right, not quite like Duke where the red flags were flying high. But if some of the newer rumors swirling are true (they very well could not be) people will be asking why we brought in somebody with such bad character

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You're right, not quite like Duke where the red flags were flying high. But if some of the newer rumors swirling are true (they very well could not be) people will be asking why we brought in somebody with such bad character

The current rumors are things that happened last month or so. How would we have known about this bad character?

At times the medicine is as bad as the disease, going to be like that for a few days. I support CGM's decision. After last year, it shows he may have learned a difficult and valuable lesson. The hard way.

Another kid making incredibly dumb moves..........if he asked for it, he got it.

Sometimes, we have much more drama, than football............Time for those to switch positions.

Welp. Come back from a backpacking trip to this. Jovon had the potential to be one of the SEC's top rushers this year. Bummer. I wasn't particularly giddy about our depth at RB before this happened, but at least it happened at the beginning of camp. Lot's of time to figure out how to make it work. I hope KJ surprises me and can be the every down back that some here are confident he can be. That being said, we can be successful with RB by committee. We just need some guys to show the kind of consistency that we were lacking with Roc. 

Well evidently now he is accepting some responsibility.

tweeted by PM:

Source: Robinson admits to incidents with Taylor, female student auburn.247sports.com/Article/Source… via @247Sports

24 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The current rumors are things that happened last month or so. How would we have known about this bad character?

Im pretty sure there is an article about how his Juco coach dealt with many incidents from Jovon. One that left our staff unhappy before fall camp.

Not necessarily blaming coaches for bringing him in....and maybe they get credit for acting decisively but...maybe a bit late.    

Trying to put the blame on Gus and AU....implying racial issues.....that's poor and probably sealed his fate for any future ...even at JUCO.

Yeah I was one of the people who wanted to hear more details about why he was dismissed...after reading the current article Gus definitely made the right decision...kid definitely has to get his life together and take responsibility for his actions. I don't think he's a bad kid but definitely has to mature more

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Through his recruitment possibly. The kid had weird academic issues in high school too. Sketch. I know you can't catch all the bad vibes from kids just from recruiting. But arguing with coaches isn't something that just happens one day. That's part of an overall lack of respect of authority. Especially when coaches have the upper hand - aka controlling playing time. JMO though, I'm no expert in recruiting or anything obviously

Also maybe we haven't heard the same rumor going around. 

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Through his recruitment possibly. The kid had weird academic issues in high school too. Sketch. I know you can't catch all the bad vibes from kids just from recruiting. But arguing with coaches isn't something that just happens one day. That's part of an overall lack of respect of authority. Especially when coaches have the upper hand - aka controlling playing time. JMO though, I'm no expert in recruiting or anything obviously

Also maybe we haven't heard the same rumor going around. 

I take back that he had some incidents at JUCO. Does sound like he had to be coddled to prevent issues though. Jovon overall sounds like a good kid. 

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article94038957.html

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I take back that he had some incidents at JUCO. Does sound like he had to be coddled to prevent issues though. Jovon overall sounds like a good kid. 

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article94038957.html

Sounds like an inferiority complex. Jeez.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Quotes like this by his juco coach from that article is what I mean: 

“I told Gus from day one you know what you are getting,” Ross said. “He knew what kind of kid Jovon was, knew he needed a little extra care. If Jovon had that he would run through a brick wall for you.”

“I knew it was coming, I tried to help,” Ross said. “I’ve never seen anything like Jovon. I hate this for him.”

On 8/4/2016 at 6:41 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Even without JR, Roc would be 3rd string at best.

That's just being ignorant

2 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

That's just being ignorant

So tell me again why he was moved to slot?

I hope the young man realizes the situation he has put himself in because of his choices. I pray seek the help he needs to have a productive life and not become a statistic.

13 hours ago, Tiger said:

Quotes like this by his juco coach from that article is what I mean: 

“I told Gus from day one you know what you are getting,” Ross said. “He knew what kind of kid Jovon was, knew he needed a little extra care. If Jovon had that he would run through a brick wall for you.”

“I knew it was coming, I tried to help,” Ross said. “I’ve never seen anything like Jovon. I hate this for him.”

Exactly. He had problems but they never  materialized into serious bad conduct off the field. It sounds like that is only because the juco coaches kept him on a small leash and because they understood how Jovon is. Maybe that is because the juco coaches needed Jovon more than we did.

Thanks Kessler for they comment. I think unless you have been in their shoes you never know. I know I have had coaches that have told the QBs to use the RBs to run, to protect the QBs. Remember going into last year we really only had two QBs. One with a some playing time and another with none. TQ was there but had injuries from earlier. So I could see Gus/Rhett urging him to be cautious . I don't think folks understand the stress he was looking at last year. All the publicity and expectations. I do know what I saw in high school as well as his games at AU. I do not doubt his ability, nor do I think it will take much to get him over the stage fright he had early in the year. WDE

If I were Jovon, I would humble myself and, beg to get back onto this football team.  Time and opportunities are often fleeting.  Temporarily swallowing your pride seems prudent in this case.

Archived