Television Shows

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I have not. I realize this is a major failing on my part and one which I must remedy soon. I've lost interest in most of my other go-tos so there's space on my plate. 

Yep.  One thing I love about this show is even though all shows we heavily invest in seem come to the end of a season quickly, each episode and season are so fulfilling that you feel like it was still enough content.  At least it does to me.  Anyways, I just started lunch early. 😄 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep.  One thing I love about this show is even though all shows we heavily invest in seem come to the end of a season quickly, each episode and season are so fulfilling that you feel like it was still enough content.  At least it does to me.  Anyways, I just started lunch early. 😄 

Enjoy!

34 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I've gotten sidetracked with the original Vikings series... but can't wait to get back into the Last Kingdom.

just started episode 9........soooooooooo goood👍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

just started episode 9........soooooooooo goood👍

Are you retired? 😆 You move too quick to have a job.  Lol

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Watched the first episode last night. I'm actually glad I've waited this long so that I know I've got a nice long run of content ahead of me. You weren't kidding about packing a lot of content into an episode. There certainly wasn't any filler in the first one. Didn't expect it to be so incredibly brutal. My goodness. Matches Game of Thrones in that regard. 

My only complaint is ***SPOILER ALERT*** Tom from Succession getting offed in the first episode! I was so psyched when I saw him in the first scene, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Watched the first episode last night. I'm actually glad I've waited this long so that I know I've got a nice long run of content ahead of me. You weren't kidding about packing a lot of content into an episode. There certainly wasn't any filler in the first one. Didn't expect it to be so incredibly brutal. My goodness. Matches Game of Thrones in that regard. 

My only complaint is ***SPOILER ALERT*** Tom from Succession getting offed in the first episode! I was so psyched when I saw him in the first scene, lol.

Yes I forgot about the brutality being so strong but I suppose I've gotten used to it.  I will say while there are other things befitting of a mature rating in this, it is no where near the level of GOT in that regard lol.  

I was one of the few who waited until the approach of the the final GOT season to start watching.  That worked out well for me with the 7 seasons of binge viewing.  

Well I'm sure you will be hooked now.  You can't help but to root for Uhtred. I am halfway through the recent season and my goodness it is good. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:20 PM, AUBwins said:

Are you retired? 😆 You move too quick to have a job.  Lol

Yes 😆😆........and got early start as in 2am early..........just started Peaky Blinders.......dont think I can make it last till June😆

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Yes 😆😆........and got early start as in 2am early..........just started Peaky Blinders.......dont think I can make it last till June😆

Yea Peaky was good, but only like 6 episodes a season.  Doesn't take long lol

On 3/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, augolf1716 said:

Last Kingdom is a fantastic show especially if your a fan of that time period. just to let you know The Last Kingdom is returning for its fifth and final season on Netflix on March 9th 2022.....Uhtred is one bad ass SOB

I am also a fan of just about anything Viking

Season 5 is fantastic I'm pacing myself to enjoy it as long as I can. Thru episode 5 at the moment man oh man even better than ever.

• Like 1

Until we meet again for the movie..Uhtred!  Loved this season.  Best!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Amazed at how much the armor, weapons, warthogs, and characters so closely resemble the game.........I can't wait.......since finishing Peaky Blinders a few days back my schedule is wide open😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Amazed at how much the armor, weapons, warthogs, and characters so closely resemble the game.........I can't wait.......since finishing Peaky Blinders a few days back my schedule is wide open😆

I wish they wouldn't show Master Chief's face like they are planning to do though.  That is the only thing for me, plus keeping the original voice of John.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Can. Not. Wait.

I need to catch up on the other 2. 

Have you seen any episodes of Barry? I feel like you would love it. So much better than what I initially expected. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Have you seen any episodes of Barry? I feel like you would love it. So much better than what I initially expected. 

I have. I've seen just about all of the first season. Such a unique, quirky, and surprisingly... heavy? show. And I'm a huge Hader fanboy. I feel like he's severely underrated, or at least is by most folks who haven't seen that show.

Side note: I have a theory that physical comedians are typically elite dramatic actors if they get and take that shot. Hader's not physical to the extent that Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are, but I consider his facial expressions to put him in that physical category. Anyway. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Hader has that depth. 

I've watched most of BCS. I don't know where it ranks in the top whatever conversation, but it's in the conversation. It's on the The Wire tier along with somewhere between 5 and 10 other shows. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have. I've seen just about all of the first season. Such a unique, quirky, and surprisingly... heavy? show. And I'm a huge Hader fanboy. I feel like he's severely underrated, or at least is by most folks who haven't seen that show.

Side note: I have a theory that physical comedians are typically elite dramatic actors if they get and take that shot. Hader's not physical to the extent that Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are, but I consider his facial expressions to put him in that physical category. Anyway. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Hader has that depth. 

I've watched most of BCS. I don't know where it ranks in the top whatever conversation, but it's in the conversation. It's on the The Wire tier along with somewhere between 5 and 10 other shows. 

Love Hader. And I have a similar theory that elite comedic actors (physical or not) tend to transition to drama more successfully than dramatic actors to comedy. Comedic acting is difficult and I hate that all the awards must go to the "serious" dramatic roles. Comics tend to be very dark people, so maybe it makes sense. 

I didn't think about it initially, but all three shows I mentioned are primarily dramas and star former comedians and comedy writers. 

Oh, and Bob Odenkirk is one of the funniest people of all time. Recent proof:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Love Hader. And I have a similar theory that elite comedic actors (physical or not) tend to transition to drama more successfully than dramatic actors to comedy. Comedic acting is difficult and I hate that all the awards must go to the "serious" dramatic roles. Comics tend to be very dark people, so maybe it makes sense. 

I didn't think about it initially, but all three shows I mentioned are primarily dramas and star former comedians and comedy writers. 

Oh, and Bob Odenkirk is one of the funniest people of all time. Recent proof:

That show is almost too funny. That dude is feeeeaaaarless. 

Random note: I've talked about Gomorrah before, but I told Alexa to play Italian music and one of the main songs from that show just came on. Italian The Wire meets Friday Night Lights, entirely from the bad guys' perspective. I wish I spoke Italian and could watch it without dubbing but it's still amazing.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That show is almost too funny. That dude is feeeeaaaarless. 

Random note: I've talked about Gomorrah before, but I told Alexa to play Italian music and one of the main songs from that show just came on. Italian The Wire meets Friday Night Lights, entirely from the bad guys' perspective. I wish I spoke Italian and could watch it without dubbing but it's still amazing.

Oh damn. That sounds amazing. Will definitely check it out. I thought I'd watched all the TV but I've never even heard of that. 

To me, I Think You Should Leave is the funniest thing that has happened in at least the past five years. I watch certain sketches over and over again. Has brought a ton of joy to this joyless bastard. 

• Haha 1

“The shows release is 2 days later”

Me: This is outrageous, it’s unfair!

“The first 2 episodes will premiere together”

Also me: The negotiations were short.

Oh man. If the rest of Moon Knight delivers on the promise of E1... great got ahmighty that is some good, BIG television. It started off slow and was almost frustrating with how long it took to reveal some stuff but then I felt like it really delivered. Several scenes felt very new and unique to me, both in the content and how they were shot. Maybe this is when it helps to be unfamiliar with the IP and comic/superhero tropes in general. Like... I have zero prior knowledge of what this is "supposed" to be. Eagerly awaiting E2. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh man. If the rest of Moon Knight delivers on the promise of E1... great got ahmighty that is some good, BIG television. It started off slow and was almost frustrating with how long it took to reveal some stuff but then I felt like it really delivered. Several scenes felt very new and unique to me, both in the content and how they were shot. Maybe this is when it helps to be unfamiliar with the IP and comic/superhero tropes in general. Like... I have zero prior knowledge of what this is "supposed" to be. Eagerly awaiting E2. 

Totally agree.  

• Like 1