Television Shows

On 11/30/2021 at 9:58 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t think I could trust anyone other than those two to handle Succession. Bummer. 

Just finished S3 and... yeah... they need to work their s*** out and get started on S4. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just finished S3 and... yeah... they need to work their s*** out and get started on S4. 

We watched it last night. I didn’t know that was the season finale. So that sucks. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Helluva finale though. IMO.

Yep, we finished it then rewound to watch the final 20 minutes again. Genius show. 

They did a really good job this season of making me dislike Roman, then making me like him at the end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yep, we finished it then rewound to watch the final 20 minutes again. Genius show. 

They did a really good job this season of making me dislike Roman, then making me like him at the end. 

If I did a top 10 list of the best characters on TV, easily 3 of them would be from that show, and Roman is one of them. I didn't like the character or Culkin's portrayal of him early on, but man he won me over. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

If I did a top 10 list of the best characters on TV, easily 3 of them would be from that show, and Roman is one of them. I didn't like the character or Culkin's portrayal of him early on, but man he won me over. 

I literally can’t pick a favorite character. Everyone plays their role perfectly. 

• Like 1

My ex and I LOVED Dexter.  This new Dexter is a great show.  Definitely new writers but they are doing the old show & characters props while maintaining a "kinda" new story line.  I would highly recommend New Blood if you haven't watched the New Blood yet.

• Like 2

Been watching Peaky Blinders for a few years can't wait for season 6 coming out next year. Don't mess with Arthur and of course it doesn't hurt to have Anya Taylor-Joy

• Like 4

On 10/29/2021 at 1:07 PM, abw0004 said:

Literally counting down the minutes.........and I know Kaer Moren when I see it........hopefully I didn't just butcher the name 😂

• Love 2

On 12/14/2021 at 9:52 PM, kevon67 said:

Oh and that tree thingy near the end of the Witcher trailer is a Leshen.................and I am a NERD............that is all😂 

Just watched episode 1 of new season that dropped today.  I accidently skipped the recap,  which I wish I didn't lol.   Remembered why I love this show.  Siri fits the beauty of a princess in this realm.  😍 good start. 

• Love 1

On 12/14/2021 at 6:23 AM, McLoofus said:

What a season. What a perfect finale. I need more now. 

And fear not. McKay and Ferrell split up a couple years ago. Once the show was up and running (I think McKay directed the pilot), they basically have nothing to do with it, creatively. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

What a season. What a perfect finale. I need more now. 

And fear not. McKay and Ferrell split up a couple years ago. Once the show was up and running (I think McKay directed the pilot), they basically have nothing to do with it, creatively. 

THANK YOU. I do feel better. I know EPs are often just money getters/financiers but for some reason I thought they were more involved creatively. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just watched episode 1 of new season that dropped today.  I accidently skipped the recap,  which I wish I didn't lol.   Remembered why I love this show.  Siri fits the beauty of a princess in this realm.  😍 good start. 

Finished hour ago.............man that final episode❤

Now just waiting for Ozark to drop.........Witcher episodes were to short.........could have used at least 12 episodes............in my opinion most shows take about 4 episodes to get back in the swing of things.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, I'll watch the recap and I still won't know what the hell is going on.

Ok Ciri has very special powers in her blood......everyone wants it from the evles, Nilfgaurd, and especially the Wild Hunt........oh and also the mages.........Geralt's job is to protect Ciri.

Hope this helps without spoiling❤

• Thanks 1

Speaking of all this, YouTube TV just had to drop ESPN/ABC/SEC.  Reckon I’m gonna cancel.  What do you all use if not using cable?  I’ve heard Hulu and Fubo are decent options.  

27 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

Speaking of all this, YouTube TV just had to drop ESPN/ABC/SEC.  Reckon I’m gonna cancel.  What do you all use if not using cable?  I’ve heard Hulu and Fubo are decent options.  

My sports/live TV solution is... well... I'm not sure* that everyone** agrees that it's entirely legal.

In addition to the $20/mo I pay for glitchy live TV and sports, I have Prime, Netflix, HBO, and the Disney+Hulu+ESPN+ bundle. Somebody loaned me their Apple TV login so that we could watch Ted Lasso but they didn't create a profile just for me so I don't watch it otherwise. I had my dad's boomer cable login but I think he changed the password, lol. He's literally been doing cyber security since before the Internet. (He actually worked on ARPANET back in the day.) 

Anyway, if you're as motivated and unscrupulous as me, google IPTV.

*I'm sure
**Nobody

Good thing is SEC Network+ games now play on ESPN+ (I think)  So for the non football sports, you can watch a lot for only $5 or $6 dollars. 

I suscribe to the Disney,hulu,espn bundle,  Netflix.  Wife thought she had discovery+which I really liked but I guess it was a trial because it's gone lol.  I also use my parents DishTV login since they don't use their mobile watching.  They only watch the TV. And I lived with them when we started it, so I count it justified as extended household haha. 

That's all that I know of that we suscribe to lol

Edited by AUBwins

Just checked this thread first time since March. I’m going to watch Sapranos again one day! I’m a mafia fan. ( and have an Italian last name just in case).  y’all have convinced me to find The Wire and binge it!  I got Hulu recently and just finished Dopesick! It’s awesome. Based on truth but I plan to study up on exactly how much truth. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Just checked this thread first time since March. I’m going to watch Sapranos again one day! I’m a mafia fan. ( and have an Italian last name just in case).  y’all have convinced me to find The Wire and binge it!  I got Hulu recently and just finished Dopesick! It’s awesome. Based on truth but I plan to study up on exactly how much truth. 

You should watch some interviews with Michael Fransees (just butchered)........Not sure of your age but I can remember him on the news........His whole gas scheme blows my mind.

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You should watch some interviews with Michael Franzese (just butchered)........Not sure of your age but I can remember him on the news........His whole gas scheme blows my mind.

The wife and I love The Witcher, but it mainly be because it provides a break from reality. We've finished Succession (which is awesome) and I've finished Yellowstone (also fantastic, even though I was skeptical going in). Couple that with 3 seasons of Ozark over the last few years and I don't know much more of the dark side of people and families I can take. May need the Hallmark channel or Great British Bake-off just for a palate cleanser. 

Bring on the SciFi/Fantasy! 

• Haha 2