Television Shows

Norman Reedus and Andrew Lincoln from the hit series The Walking Dead were recently seen together at dinner in Atlanta…

9A456841-0925-4AD6-BA5B-F51C3FB7B47B.jpeg

• Like 2

A Discovery of Witches may be the best TV series I have ever seen.  The story lines, acting, cinematography, costumes, settings , etc., were magnificent. 

Here is what rottentomatoes has to say about it. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/a_discovery_of_witches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am currently watching the second season of Space Force and it is a lot funnier than the first season.  It has more humor aligned with The Office, I think partly because Steve Carrell is now co-writing with Greg Daniels.

• Love 1

Murderville on Netflix (I think). I'm not going to claim that it's a great show, but I really think everyone should watch Episode 2.

It's in improv cop show where there is a script but then there is also a guest star every week who does not have the script and who has to wing it all the way through. It stars Will Arnett as the veteran detective and the guest star plays his trainee each episode, and they have to solve a case together. 

Like I said, you have to check out Episode 2.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Murderville on Netflix (I think). I'm not going to claim that it's a great show, but I really think everyone should watch Episode 2.

It's in improv cop show where there is a script but then there is also a guest star every week who does not have the script and who has to wing it all the way through. It stars Will Arnett as the veteran detective and the guest star plays his trainee each episode, and they have to solve a case together. 

Way ahead of you!  Haven’t gotten a chance to see it yet though. 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, abw0004 said:

This seems like a really funny/brilliant structure to the show with how the celebrity guests are given no lines.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:16 PM, McLoofus said:

Will give it a look👍..........currently watching Vikings Valhalla..........episode 5.........so far so good👍

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Will give it a look👍..........currently watching Vikings Valhalla..........episode 5.........so far so good👍

Apologies if you've already posted on it, but have you watched The Legend of Vox Machina? Just started last night and I'm hooked. 

Never been a TV buff until COVID convinced me time to retire full time. Reading this thread for a while trying to pick up on some good series. Finally watching Peaky Blinders and it is so dang good imo. Have to watch it with subtitles activated to understand everything said.

Rebooted the old 24 series last year and got my fill of Jack Bauer. Also enjoyed Outer Banks on Netflix and understand another season in the making. Watching Cobra Kai as I can and find it entertaining. 

Wife is a Virgin River, Heartland, Mcleods Daughters type. I actually enjoyed some McLeod and Virgin River. 

Not much for Syfy but would welcome suggestions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Apologies if you've already posted on it, but have you watched The Legend of Vox Machina? Just started last night and I'm hooked. 

I will give it a look thanks👍

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yes.  I'm watching as well.  I like it.  My mind is blowing up trying to remember the original Vikings relationships of the descendants on the show.  Lol.  Rollo definitely did well for himself.  That queen is a descendant of his.  

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Never been a TV buff until COVID convinced me time to retire full time. Reading this thread for a while trying to pick up on some good series. Finally watching Peaky Blinders and it is so dang good imo. Have to watch it with subtitles activated to understand everything said.

Rebooted the old 24 series last year and got my fill of Jack Bauer. Also enjoyed Outer Banks on Netflix and understand another season in the making. Watching Cobra Kai as I can and find it entertaining. 

Wife is a Virgin River, Heartland, Mcleods Daughters type. I actually enjoyed some McLeod and Virgin River. 

Not much for Syfy but would welcome suggestions.

Agreed with Virgin River.  I think it's more of the natural beauty, music and home folks I like about it most.  Kinda the place I'd like to live. Similar a little to where I call home now as far as small town feel.  Can't beat those mountain valley views though. 

• Like 1

New series added to Netflix: Vikings: Valhalla

I am a big fan of movies & series during this time.  Very intriguing.  This has a great original series of Vikings and then the English side of this conflict with The Last Kingdom.  If you like Vikings and old English kings then I definitely recommend these 3 series.

Also just finished the S2 of Spaceforce.  Tooo funny!!

As always, this is just my opinion.  I could be wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am a big fan of movies & series during this time.  Very intriguing.  This has a great original series of Vikings and then the English side of this conflict with The Last Kingdom.  If you like Vikings and old English kings then I definitely recommend these 3 series.

Agree.....all are in my  top 10...........I really dislike these 8 episode seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Yes.  I'm watching as well.  I like it.  My mind is blowing up trying to remember the original Vikings relationships of the descendants on the show.  Lol.  Rollo definitely did well for himself.  That queen is a descendant of his.  

Is it me or does one  of the Christian brothers resemble Matthew

Mc Conahey in Fools Gold..........and yes I butchered his last name 😒😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Last Kingdom is a fantastic show especially if your a fan of that time period. just to let you know The Last Kingdom is returning for its fifth and final season on Netflix on March 9th 2022.....Uhtred is one bad ass SOB

I am also a fan of just about anything Viking

• Love 2

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Last Kington is a fantastic show especially if your a fan of that time period. just to let you know The Last Kingdom is returning for its fifth and final season on Netflix on March 9th 2022.....Uhtred is one bad ass SOB

I am also a fan of just about anything Viking

Also saw that there will be a followup movie after this season that wraps everything up from the Cornwall's Saxon chronicles.   Woohoo.  Only 7 days.  Probably my favorite of the time period.  

• Like 3

Killing Eve, with Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh. I gave the first thee season a B+/A-  Pretty good.  Season 4, the final season has two episodes available.  They are terrible…a solid F.  I will watch one more episode when available and hope to see substantial improvement. If not, I doubt I will watch the rest of season 4.  

Wake up, you arselings! Today is the day.  Last Kingdom new season is ready for viewing! Uhtred, son of Uhtred of Babbenburg comes to claim his kingdom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wake up, you arselings! Today is the day.  Last Kingdom new season is ready for viewing! Uhtred, son of Uhtred of Babbenburg comes to claim his kingdom. 

So many people have said so many good things about this show but this might be the best sales pitch I've seen so far. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So many people have said so many good things about this show but this might be the best sales pitch I've seen so far. 

Have you watched any of it yet? How can anyone not want to talk like this when you do? Lol.  The opening monologue gets you in the mood from the get go. I'm like wishing for the lunch hour to approach so I can start digging in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Have you watched any of it yet? How can anyone not want to talk like this when you do? Lol.  The opening monologue gets you in the mood from the get go. I'm like wishing for the lunch hour to approach so I can start digging in.

I have not. I realize this is a major failing on my part and one which I must remedy soon. I've lost interest in most of my other go-tos so there's space on my plate. 

I've gotten sidetracked with the original Vikings series... but can't wait to get back into the Last Kingdom.