Television Shows

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

@cbo volume up

Haha, I love it! That opening theme is so great. 

Haven't had a chance to watch the new episode yet. But I am so excited. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Haha, I love it! That opening theme is so great. 

Haven't had a chance to watch the new episode yet. But I am so excited. 

Same. McWifey watched all of S1 with me but she didn't watch S2. I might let her watch that (might watch it with her) so we can hop on S3 together. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Same. McWifey watched all of S1 with me but she didn't watch S2. I might let her watch that (might watch it with her) so we can hop on S3 together. 

The couple that watches Succession together stays together. 

I actually thought about watching S2 again to get ready for S3. Have I mentioned I like this show?

• Haha 1

Just finished Haunting of Hill House.  Definitely as scary as everyone said it would be, but I really enjoyed it.

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Got two more episodes to go

Skip the last episode, all they do is show sped-up reruns of the games set to Benny Hill music, then the winners eat calamari on a pile of cash

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Skip the last episode, all they do is show sped-up reruns of the games set to Benny Hill music, then the winners eat calamari on a pile of cash

Well crap...... I do like me some Benny not sure how the music would work 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lots of busty blondes, too, it's a real hoot

Now I really want someone to make a Squid Games blooper reel. 

Finally started watching last night. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One episode behind on Succession. This is one of the few shows that doesn’t slow down. It’s a constant speeding train of s*** show that is barely hanging on the tracks (in a good way). 

Such great acting and writing. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Succession has sneakily made its way into my top 5 TV dramas of all time. It’s so ******* good. 

1. The Wire

2. Breaking Bad

3. Succession

4. GoT

Maybe I only have a top 4. I guess Dexter, House of Cards, and TWD (first few seasons) could be thrown in. True Detective season 1 only would likely round out my top 5. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 2:07 PM, abw0004 said:

Looks like not a fun season for Hennifer (spelling?). Can't wait though.

On 11/25/2021 at 12:14 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Succession has sneakily made its way into my top 5 TV dramas of all time. It’s so ******* good. 

1. The Wire

2. Breaking Bad

3. Succession

4. GoT

Maybe I only have a top 4. I guess Dexter, House of Cards, and TWD (first few seasons) could be thrown in. True Detective season 1 only would likely round out my top 5. 

I would add Mad Men as #5. Agreed on 1-4.

I can't put Dexter, HoC or TWD on the level of those others. All had amazing starts and huge potential but no staying power. 

I need to finish the Sopranos some day. Then it might be a top 6 for me.

TD S1 is easily the best single season of TV of all time for me. But I can't put one season up against full series runs like the others. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would add Mad Men as #5. Agreed on 1-4.

I can't put Dexter, HoC or TWD on the level of those others. All had amazing starts and huge potential but no staying power. 

I need to finish the Sopranos some day. Then it might be a top 6 for me.

TD S1 is easily the best single season of TV of all time for me. But I can't put one season up against full series runs like the others. 

Mad Men did absolutely nothing for me. Watched about half of the first season. 

Completely forgot about Ozark because it’s been so long between seasons, so that was probably round out my top 5. Stranger Things gets a nod, but I don’t really consider it a drama. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mad Men did absolutely nothing for me. Watched about half of the first season. 

Completely forgot about Ozark because it’s been so long between seasons, so that was probably round out my top 5. Stranger Things gets a nod, but I don’t really consider it a drama. 

Ozark is a really good nominee. I absolutely haaaaaated the story arc with her brother and then that ended up having more emotional weight than anything the show had done before. That earned some trust in the writers from me. And Ruth is one of the all time great characters on TV.

Which reminds me, if we want to try to form a top 10, I'm putting The Americans on there.

Fargo comes to mind, but I hear S3 was awful and I'm scared to watch it.

Oh, The Expanse. Technically sci fi but also definitely high quality drama. At least in terms of writing. The acting probably doesn't always live up to the others. 

But if I keep pushing this we'll be going from CFB playoffs to March Madness. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

The Shrink Next Door is really solid.

This feels like a can't miss.

In less pleasant Will Ferrell TV news, evidently he and Adam McKay are no longer on speaking terms? Unless that's just some sort of Kaufmanesque performance art- Will Ferrell being one of the only people in the world about whom I'd even consider the possibility- that could spell trouble for Succession.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This feels like a can't miss.

In less pleasant Will Ferrell TV news, evidently he and Adam McKay are no longer on speaking terms? Unless that's just some sort of Kaufmanesque performance art- Will Ferrell being one of the only people in the world about whom I'd even consider the possibility- that could spell trouble for Succession.

I don’t think I could trust anyone other than those two to handle Succession. Bummer. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...