Television Shows

30 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The wife and I love The Witcher, but it mainly be because it provides a break from reality. We've finished Succession (which is awesome) and I've finished Yellowstone (also fantastic, even though I was skeptical going in). Couple that with 3 seasons of Ozark over the last few years and I don't know much more of the dark side of people and families I can take. May need the Hallmark channel or Great British Bake-off just for a palate cleanser. 

Bring on the SciFi/Fantasy! 

Cant wait for Ozark.......also enjoyed the Mayan's spin off from Sons of Anarchy........I will most likely revisit Ozark prior to season finale release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Cant wait for Ozark.......also enjoyed the Mayan's spin off from Sons of Anarchy........I will most likely revisit Ozark prior to season finale release.

I just started the Mayans. Not hooked yet 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I just started the Mayans. Not hooked yet 

Took 4 episodes for me..........I rewatched the Sopranos last year...........was glad I did👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Bring on the SciFi/Fantasy! 

Station Eleven on HBO looks very promising, although it's definitely more heavy mind-eff stuff (so far) and not pew pew lasers or dragons. 

The Landscapers is also very interesting so far. Not sci fi or fantasy but a very unique British whodunnit kind of thing so far. Incredibly talented actors in the lead roles.

Reservation Dogs on Hulu is... okay, so even further from any kind of sci fi/fantasy vibe but interesting and funny and different.

Haven't started S6 of The Expanse yet. But it is as sci fi as it gets. 

Not gonna lie. I want whatever the next Game of Thrones is.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Station Eleven on HBO looks very promising, although it's definitely more heavy mind-eff stuff (so far) and not pew pew lasers or dragons. 

The Landscapers is also very interesting so far. Not sci fi or fantasy but a very unique British whodunnit kind of thing so far. Incredibly talented actors in the lead roles.

Reservation Dogs on Hulu is... okay, so even further from any kind of sci fi/fantasy vibe but interesting and funny and different.

My wife doesn't really get into SciFi, but she did love The Expanse. I didn't realize there would be a S6. Thought they cancelled it after the issue with the cast member. Good to know it's back. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Game of Thrones is definitely my measuring stick.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, kevon67 said:

The Witcher was too short which seems to be the standard since covid..........takes me 4 to 5 episodes to get locked in.

Completely agree.  Great show for only 8 episodes.  In Witcher's case, it was 8 ep in s1 as well so has nothing to do with CV19.  Just them keeping folks hanging on for the next season.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Completely agree.  Great show for only 8 episodes.  In Witcher's case, it was 8 ep in s1 as well so has nothing to do with CV19.  Just them keeping folks hanging on for the next season.

I thought they did a great job with the Nilguardian armor and with Geralt's as well..........nearly identical to the game Witcher 3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 3:40 AM, kevon67 said:

I thought they did a great job with the Nilguardian armor and with Geralt's as well..........nearly identical to the game Witcher 3.

You weren't kidding about that final episode though.  Enough content for a 2 hour movie in there lol.  It was great.  

Just finished Cobra Kai...........lets just say it was tailor made for someone like me that is eternally locked somewhere between 1982-1986😂

• Like 2

On 12/22/2021 at 5:25 PM, augolf1716 said:

Has anyone watched "What We Do in the Shadows"? A comedy horror series.

Aside from It’s Always Sunny, it’s the best comedy show on cable television. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Just finished Cobra Kai...........lets just say it was tailor made for someone like me that is eternally locked somewhere between 1982-1986😂

It’s perfect. It’s cheesy, wholesome, and there’s plenty of light drama. Totally hits the mark on what they’re going for. We finished it tonight as well and now I’m sad. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We started Midnight Mass on Netflix a day or so ago. Super creepy. Slow burn up to the half way point (where we’ve stopped). Fans of Stephen King will enjoy it. 

The two seasons before it were better if you haven't seen Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor.  It is similar to American Horror Story where each season is different with some of the same actors returning.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The two seasons before it were better if you haven't seen Haunting of Hill House and Haunting of Bly Manor.  It is similar to American Horror Story where each season is different with some of the same actors returning.

I didn’t know they were tied together. That’s good to know. 

20 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Are you Stingray? 😆 

I loved this season and burned through it pretty quickly.  Already wanting the next season.  Wonder if they have a 6th season.  Think they'll run out of villains next year haha

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t know they were tied together. That’s good to know. 

It hasn't been publicized.  The only way to know is if you researched it or realized the actors were the same and it was either a coincidence or something else was going on.  Long story short I found out when trying to find out if there would be a third season of "The Haunting" series to find out Midnight Mass was the third.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It hasn't been publicized.  The only way to know is if you researched it or realized the actors were the same and it was either a coincidence or something else was going on.  Long story short I found out when trying to find out if there would be a third season of "The Haunting" series to find out Midnight Mass was the third.

I don’t have to watch the other two first do I?

34 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Are you Stingray? 😆 

I loved this season and burned through it pretty quickly.  Already wanting the next season.  Wonder if they have a 6th season.  Think they'll run out of villains next year haha

I think they’ve set it up for at least 2 more seasons. Without spoiling it, they’ve got two or three storylines they could go through without having another “other dojo loses goes home” type of competition for next season. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t have to watch the other two first do I?

Not at all.  They are not related.  If you do, I would highly suggest after every episode you watch to read the articles about the hidden ghosts in plain sight.  It is amazing how many they hid in the show.  See how many you saw on your own first:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vulture.com/amp/2018/10/the-haunting-of-hill-house-hidden-ghosts.html

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Are you Stingray? 😆 

Still have 1 villian left from 3 I think.