The NIP 2016 !!!

WarTim

Funny how the smallest things can sometimes make the biggest impact. Over the past two weeks, my best friend sent his second daughter to AU. I have attended a HS game already. I have also, due to business requirements, been to Auburn four times over the past two weeks. Then today.....

I walked into a store out in the middle of nowhere that was making parched peanuts and popcorn for a JV game. THAT smell pushed me over the edge.

Take Heart !! IT IS HERE !!! The NIP has been declared on the day of our Lord 8-23-16 @ 3:15 pm

My Brother and JW have been notified and now it is official !!!!

The Auburn Tigers are preparing for the 2016 Season, God is in His Heaven, and all is right with the Football World !!!

Let do this thing and EARN IT !!! WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!

What, no teaser pic yet? Has that been banned?

I got a Bowflex Max banner ad checking in on this thread, so the girl doing her exercise routine in a sports bra in the banner graphic will have to suffice for now.

max.jpg

39 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

What, no teaser pic yet? Has that been banned?

I got a Bowflex Max banner ad checking in on this thread, so the girl doing her exercise routine in a sports bra in the banner graphic will have to suffice for now.

max.jpg

Got protection?

Covered

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

Up in NOVA/DC area this week and it sure has felt like fall ...

@channonc

It sure has. Unfortunately tomorrow, it's in the mid-90s with high humidity. 

Will someone with far more computer savy than me FIND that PICTURE and post here?? Thanks

4 hours ago, augrad68 said:

The NIP is official!!!

gallery_33175_196_12663.jpg

I'm not a religious man but that gets a solid "Amen" out of me

My family looks forward to this day every year. My youngest daughter has been asking me every day when the nip was coming. 

Today my wife and I were walking to the mailbox together (enter romantic music), and we commented how muggy it was. But still, the sky had a certain look and there was a distinct smell of the Nip in the air. AU Football is near.

Thankful to see another Nip!

War Eagle!

As usual, the Nip doesn't get to Central Florida until well into September.  At least we have the annual pic...

Yeah, I'm still not feeling it. Even with H.S. football season upon us. It's just too damn hot and humid here. 

I know the "Official" Nip has been announced, but unofficially, it's still not here in North Alabama. 

I'm thankful for the NIP too and I'm ready for some AU football!

I just wish the weather would take its foot off the heat gas a little! 

On August 26, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Barnacle said:

Yeah, I'm still not feeling it. Even with H.S. football season upon us. It's just too damn hot and humid here. 

I know the "Official" Nip has been announced, but unofficially, it's still not here in North Alabama. 

Same for central Alabama. I'm just not feeling it.

As far as I'm concerned, the nip officially arrived here in Huntsville this morning. 70 degrees, clear skies, low humidity and on the eve of the start of Auburn's 2016 season. I'm ready for some football!

1 hour ago, hewlejd said:

As far as I'm concerned, the nip officially arrived here in Huntsville this morning. 70 degrees, clear skies, low humidity and on the eve of the start of Auburn's 2016 season. I'm ready for some football!

Yep.  Locales near the lower part of the Indian Creek Greenway were downright chilly.

WDE!

The nip is here, in SW Florida.

Thanks to the winds from Hermine, it's 1000% humidity and everything's waterlogged but it's breezy and our highs are only in the lower 80's.  I need to put on a jacket brrr...

Bring on the football!!!

I prematurely commented on the nip so for the past 7-10ish days as I have witnessed some dangerous heat conditions( youth football). I purposefully stayed off this thread. I think it is ok to come back!

Archived