A Head Coach Challenge

StatTiger

fair enough, Fed Ex this to Gus tomorrow.

Besides that I hope he did or will get his ass chewed big time by somebody and slap that "no doubt about it" look off his face.

He should also apologize to the players, the University, and the fans for what you so well laid out.

Any other business we would all get our money back.

• Like 3

Sounds like an excellent evaluation, and plan moving forward. I do not however, feel that anyone in Auburn, especially Jay Jacobs will approach any where near this common sense solution. What I truly expect to happen is for Lashlee to be the sacrificial lamb, and Gus to promote Hand to his post, or hire another of his cronies, and nothing will change until he is run out of town .

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

13) We want to see an offense ready for action on opening day. Utilizing the first 3-4 games of the season to figure out what you have seems such a waste. Looking back at the Clemson and Texas A&M games, this team could have been undefeated before the injuries began to add up. Spring and Fall camps are when coaches should learn and discover their strengths and weaknesses leading up to the season.

This has been my biggest pet peeve, especially with the recent trend of scheduling "bowl" games on opening weekend. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Sounds like an excellent evaluation, and plan moving forward. I do not however, feel that anyone in Auburn, especially Jay Jacobs will approach any where near this common sense solution. What I truly expect to happen is for Lashlee to be the sacrificial lamb, and Gus to promote Hand to his post, or hire another of his cronies, and nothing will change until he is run out of town .

No, not Hand....we need someone else. I know that's you just saying that...

but Gus said before when hiring Will Muschamp that he wanted to get the best Defensive mind in college football. It's time to go get someone on the offensive side. 

See points # 1-13.

• Like 3

Excellent post Stat. Everyone's points with data collected in one place. This will be the manifesto to hold him to the fire in the off-season and beginning next year. It's obvious to everyone we need changes...hopefully Gus sees, hears, gets the message.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

7) For a QB at this level to not have the ability to check out of certain situations shows how barbaric your offense can be.

13) We want to see an offense ready for action on opening day. Utilizing the first 3-4 games of the season to figure out what you have seems such a waste. Looking back at the Clemson and Texas A&M games, this team could have been undefeated before the injuries began to add up. Spring and Fall camps are when coaches should learn and discover their strengths and weaknesses leading up to the season.

These two points illustrate GM's biggest weaknesses to me as a head coach.

#7 shows two things: 1) that GM thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and no one else can look at the defense and make a better call than he can, and 2) it shows his need to be in total control of every minute detail of the offense and his unwillingness to trust and delegate things to assistant coaches and players.

#13 shows maybe his biggest flaw.  The inability to evaluate talent and put the best players in the best position to be successful and to adjust his scheme and playcalling in a timely manner to take advantage of what his players do the best.  When it takes 3 - 4 games to figure this out, it's easy to understand why we almost never make any in game or halftime adjustments to our game plan.  He's just not capable of doing it.

Outstanding write up @StatTiger  Hope someone shows it to GM.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I have been screaming most of these points all year. Problem is, Gus believes we already have the best offensive mind in college football .

Well he was told that by fans and media "experts" for several years so guess he came to believe it....and is not letting facts sway his view. 

I wish I could share your optimism but I'm way past that..Gus has shown numerous times that he's too stubborn to implement any of this. Same bullcrap next year...everybody get ready.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I wish I could share your optimism but I'm way past that..Gus has shown numerous times that he's too stubborn to implement any of this. Same bullcrap next year...everybody get ready.

I guess that could be true but seems that everyone has  self preservation gene that is dominant in just about any personality.

Great points.  Hard to argue with most of what you wrote.

I have said all along that CGM is a 7-9 win per season coach (on average), no matter what school he is at.  As a fan base, we (and the AU administration) need to decide if that is acceptable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Time to bring back Coach Lorendo as our OC.....

I would crap in my pants man scared the ever living daylights out me................tortured me daily

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Time to bring back Coach Lorendo as our OC.....

Actually coached against him as a high school coach after he left Auburn...he was a trip...