A Head Coach Challenge

StatTiger

Stat, you usually have great info in all your posts and I look forward to your numbers based analysis.  

However, I have one bone to pick with you on this analysis:

UNFORTUNATELY, YOU ARE NOT IN THE POSITION TO DELIVER IT GUS AND MAKE IT THE MANDATE IT SHOULD BE!

I am a Gus fan, like him as the coach of our team, but your points are spot on and I want him to succeed but he needs to do on offense what he did with the defense - bring in the best he can get to make improvements.  If he can do that, Gus could stay for awhile.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Respect Stat. Great post and suggestions. I just can't see Gus as an offensive minded coach allowing any OC to come in that does not share his philosophy. 

I did not suggest running an entirely knew offense. I suggested someone that utilize his base offense and evolve the passing game.

• Like 1

This is Part A, and it is excellent.  Thank you, Stat.  Part B is the delivery of this message or something very similar, especially point #1, to those in a position to hear, reflect, consider, and effect change.  I can pray toward that account...because hearts can be and have been moved with minds changed beyond human explanation from the beginning of time...but I am trusting those with earthly connections to know how to use them for the good of all involved.  

:wareagle:

I will give an amen to all stat said, its effing bs to go 3 games into the season every year to figure out what your team does and then don't develop a back up QB is total crap. If Cam hadn't been so good it would have been the same in 2010. Put your ones on your ones and see who performs and who wins , no non contact jerseys either. 

• Like 1

Now all we need is an AD with the stones to deliver such a message. Knowing JJ, he'll give Gus another extension and raise.

36 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

I did not suggest running an entirely knew offense. I suggested someone that utilize his base offense and evolve the passing game.

Understood. His current offense has broken many records at Auburn. At its apex he has had some elite playmakers in Cam and Nick, at its lowest there were guys like JJ and JFIII. I don't see anyone with their talent at AU now, so he needs to be prepared to win without that elite playmaker at Qb. I agree 100% that the passing game has to evolve, and hopefully he knows it as well. 

If you can't offer up critique without attaching childish overstatements like "criminal" to Gus and attributing his motives to "ego" (you have no idea what makes the man tick), stick to the stats and data. Off the charts disappointing, stat.

• Like 1

One more point, How do Gus and Lashlee not have a plan in place for if the starting QB goes down? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I see that JJ went weeks or months with no practice snaps with the first team, then at the end of the season we expect him to start in the IB?

Could someone please pin Stats analysis on the front page of every Auburn site? Also, please send it to all the alabama newspapers as well as USA today, SI.com and ESPN.  Eventually the message would get to Gus one way or another. 

It's mind numbing how bad Gus is at evaluating talent. 

The whole list of grievances reminds me of the Declaration of the Independence. Hopefully I don't get put on a vacation now...haha

Edited by aujeff11

2 hours ago, Aucater said:

I will give an amen to all stat said, its effing bs to go 3 games into the season every year to figure out what your team does and then don't develop a back up QB is total crap. If Cam hadn't been so good it would have been the same in 2010. Put your ones on your ones and see who performs and who wins , no non contact jerseys either. 

It almost was,Gus said it was 3 or 4 games into the season before he knew what he had in Cam.

Do you remember when Tuberville was our coach? he would make big changes on his staff. Oh sure he fire replaced Gorges with Franklin and that move didn't. I feel that was a big reason why Tubs was fired. It looks like Malzahn is another Tuberville cause won't make any changes on his offensive staff starting with Lashlee. Gus will not last if he doesn't make changes on the offense. IMO, Tuberville would be a good AD for Auburn.

Edited by auburn4ever

I think that what you are talking about is a fair and honest assessment and solid advice for Gus. Jacobs should meet with Gus and let him know from this point forward, that he must do whatever is necessary to get the offense performing at a level that consistently wins games week in and out. I like Gus very much, and have taken up for him when others wanted him to walk the plank and resign from Auburn.

I do think that Gus has the smarts to evolve offensively like Saban has done in recent years. I think 90% of us who post on this site want nothing more than for Gus to put a winning team on the field week in and out. I do think that Woody Barrett is the answer for the QB position and can make us one of the best teams in the SEC. However, Gus needs to have an offense that can make adjustments throughout the game and can win consistently.

• Like 1