Charles Barkley AD

doc4aday

Maybe I have had too much Christmas Cheer. Sir Charles as our new AD would be one of the most interesting news story ever in Auburn's history. One of 2 things would happen. It would be a disaster of Biblical proportions or one of the most brilliant hires in the history of college ADs. I would love to hear what you all think about this!

Yeah, I love Sir Charles, and I believe we need new leadership at the top of the athletics department, but I don't think we'll be seeing Barkley get that spot anytime in the near (or distant) future.

The guy who admitted to trying to get Nike to give Dirk Nowitzki anything he wants to sign to AU?

Yeah not happening.

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Maybe I have had too much Christmas Cheer. Sir Charles as our new AD would be one of the most interesting news story ever in Auburn's history. One of 2 things would happen. It would be a disaster of Biblical proportions or one of the most brilliant hires in the history of college ADs. I would love to hear what you all think about this!

I like listening to Sir Charles as much as the next guy, but what has he ever done to make him remotely qualified for this job?   As far as I know he is very good at playing and talking about basketball.  If there's something in his background I don't know that would make him qualified to lead a top tier SEC athletic department I will stand corrected, but I have earthly idea why this would ever be a serious thing to talk about.   

1 hour ago, WarDlowe said:

I like listening to Sir Charles as much as the next guy, but what has he ever done to make him remotely qualified for this job?   As far as I know he is very good at playing and talking about basketball.  If there's something in his background I don't know that would make him qualified to lead a top tier SEC athletic department I will stand corrected, but I have earthly idea why this would ever be a serious thing to talk about.   

Yeah, don't think CB has the background/experience for the position (same as Tuberville).  However, what about Bo Jackson - I know he has done some business investing so may have some financial background that would make sense and definitely has the name factor.  Not sure he would leave his home in Chicago to come back though.

SCB?  Umm.  No.  Tact matters, especially in this role.  But Merry Christmas, for sure!   John 1:14! :wareagle:

Let's also water our plants with Gatorade! It's electrolytes they crave!

Charles?  The guy that said on national tv that Auburn will always be bamas little brother?  The guy that went on a tour calling AU racist for not hiring Turner Gill?  You want that guy?  Not only no...but HEEEEELLLLLL NO.  I appreciate the sentiment and all, but just a quick look into his character/past comments and he's 1,000,000 percent out. 

10 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Lol..yes. Maybe a little too much egg nog.

Nah... It's just the usual lack of neurons firing.

This would go down as the stupidest thing ever done in the history of Auburn University and quite possibly the stupidest thing ever done in college athletics.   Barkely is a blowhard, and completely unfit to run anything.

I really did this as a joke to have a little Christmas eve fun! I'd better watch out in that CB might catch wind of this and make a run for it! Heck, we gave the keys to the kingdom to a total idiot of which gets  more entertaining each day! I keep thinking I am going to wake up, and all of this will be a somewhat humorous nightmare folks! This can be for a multitude of folks who have somehow managed to get in positions that are light-years over their head.

Kevin Greene? may be better than JJ?

How bout Tim Cook? CEO of Apple. Actually runs a multi-billion dollar corporation. It'll never happen, but it's better than some of the cockamamy suggestions thrown around on here. I'd rather re-install our coaching staff from 2012 than watch Barkley be our AD.

Is Sir Charles qualifed - No. But....he would keep the boosters entertained and there are two other things to ponder:

1. It would not be the stupidest thing Auburn ever did in regards to an AD - that was done when we promoted a Sports Informstion person to the post.

2. If Trump can be President, then certainly Charles can be AD. 

Archived