Charles Barkley AD

doc4aday

9 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

How bout Tim Cook? CEO of Apple. Actually runs a multi-billion dollar corporation. It'll never happen, but it's better than some of the cockamamy suggestions thrown around on here. I'd rather re-install our coaching staff from 2012 than watch Barkley be our AD.

This would be awesome! However it will not happen. Why not bring David Marsh back as AD and let him get our championship swimming program back to its former glory. I am sure he would take the same mindset to get all of our athletics at the top in the SEC and beyond. Pay him whatever it takes to come home sweet home! (2.5 million yearly salary would bring him back.)

On 12/24/2016 at 8:19 PM, tigeraddikt said:

Epic post.

damn are we that desperate for either

Jacobs has done an outstanding job overall..the problem is many fans hate to admit it.

19 hours ago, JoeinPF said:

Is Sir Charles qualifed - No. But....he would keep the boosters entertained and there are two other things to ponder:

1. It would not be the stupidest thing Auburn ever did in regards to an AD - that was done when we promoted a Sports Informstion person to the post.

2. If Trump can be President, then certainly Charles can be AD. 

They need entertainment? 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Love to see a list. 

I am guessing outstanding job overall was overstated...   All I can think of is the following..

1- Improved grad rates (right?)

2- Recent Hires of Pearl, Myers.. Clinard was a good one.  Hawk appears to have us back on track.. Williams has a dynasty..  Gymnastics is very very good    All of that matters   

3- Need continued improvement in Malzahn,. and see if he corrected his mistake in baseball.   

4- financials.... You tell me.  

12 hours ago, TigerOne said:

damn are we that desperate for either

Jacobs has done an outstanding job overall..the problem is many fans hate to admit it.

lN0jW.gif

21 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This would be awesome! However it will not happen. Why not bring David Marsh back as AD and let him get our championship swimming program back to its former glory. I am sure he would take the same mindset to get all of our athletics at the top in the SEC and beyond. Pay him whatever it takes to come home sweet home! (2.5 million yearly salary would bring him back.)

Again, I'm going to have to question this thought process.  Gone are the days where the AD position was something to tack onto a coach's duties (usually the football coach), and I think this means the days of coaches being successful AD's are gone as well.  That might work at a very small school, but at a school like Auburn who should be a major player nationally in numerous sports, the position should really be like that of a corporate CEO and be held by someone with business chops who has experience in athletics as well.  JMHO.  

I guess we are done with this one. Just wanted to throw a few high and inside 100 mph fastballs. I know we need someone with a good business head, Sometimes JJ does things we have a hard time wrapping our heads around. I would give JJ a C in that he has done some really good things as well as some things that make us wonder what he was not thinking. 

56 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Hiring sir Charles would for sure keep us in the media 24/7. As for Tommy, Tuberville would be very qualified to become Auburn's AD.

Based on what? I guess for me I'd have to under what you see as the roll of the AD before I could agree or disagree. Personally,  I don't think just being a former coach or player is qualification. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Hiring sir Charles would for sure keep us in the media 24/7. As for Tommy, Tuberville would be very qualified to become Auburn's AD.

Get this man's plants some Gatorade!!

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:47 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They need entertainment? 

Amen brother Sir Charles has already put in an order for 6 Clydesdale horses to pull his 24 Karat gold chariot! 

Doubt Charles would want the job. He makes too much money on TNT to take a step down moneywise and he would have to work much harder. Love his personality, love that he went to AU, but won't and can't happen.

On 12/24/2016 at 2:53 PM, doc4aday said:

Maybe I have had too much Christmas Cheer. Sir Charles as our new AD would be one of the most interesting news story ever in Auburn's history. One of 2 things would happen. It would be a disaster of Biblical proportions or one of the most brilliant hires in the history of college ADs. I would love to hear what you all think about this!

Christmas Cheer?? sounds like it - may need to have your liver function checked^-^

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:52 AM, Tiger said:

I heard Marquis Daniels is on the short list

now that is a good choice!

Archived