UA Tim Williams failed drug test

LKEEL75

I thought failed drug tests would have you on the pine.  Wouldn't this be an NCAA violation?  link

Charlie Campbell from WalterFootball.com has reported that Alabama defensive end Tim Williams has “failed many drug tests” and that his serious substance abuse issues are very similar to those of Dallas Cowboys’ d-lineman Randy Gregory.

Sources close to Campbell say that this could have an impact on his 2017 NFL Draft status, putting his consensus projection as a first-round talent in jeopardy.

Per the report:

In the scouting community Williams is a consensus first-round talent, however team sources believe that Williams could easily slip to the second day of the draft. The reason for that is many failed drug tests, and some team sources have said that Williams substance abuse issues are very serious in the realm of Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory.

Gregory was one of the top physical talents for the 2015 NFL Draft, but he fell to the second round because of drug problems and repeated failed tests. Sources say that Williams’ issues with marijuana are comparable to Gregory. Three different team contacts all said Williams problems were similar in their severity to Gregory. In late September, Williams had an arrest for carrying a pistol without a permit. Alabama suspended him for the first half of the game against Kentucky as a result, but he was fortunate to avoid other suspensions, as sources say he failed many drug tests. That leads teams to have concerns that he will land repeated suspensions in the NFL like Gregory.

Between 2015-2016, Williams tallied 30 tackles for loss and 20 sacks, making him one of the more feared players at his position in college football and a top next-level prospect.

Bleacher Report draft writer Matt Miller lists him as the No. 13 overall prospect in the draft and the No. 4 edge rusher.

Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones, Tim Williams  ... I am trying to think, was Bama 2016 more like Oklahoma, Miami, or FSU during the "Criminoles" era?

2 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones, Tim Williams  ... I am trying to think, was Bama 2016 more like Oklahoma, Miami, or FSU during the "Criminoles" era?

I can totally imagine Saban ranting at these guys after the Championship game... "Do you see another ring on this finger? I don't see another ring on this finger! Do you know the s*** I had to go through to keep your a** out of jail, and you don't get me my ring!?!"

The following states with NFL teams have legal recreational weed: California, Washington, and Colorado. Washington D.C. has legal weed, but the Redskins practice in Virginia and play in Maryland, which do not.

So these Bama players can go to the Rams, Chargers, Raiders, 49ers, Seahawks or Broncos.

Still a banned substance for the league. Just because it's legal, doesn't mean you can do it and play NFL football. I mean, that's basically true of every product in GNC.

Seriously though, I hope this is either untrue or the kid gets help. Randy Gregory is threatening to fail out of the league before his next contract.

On 1/16/2017 at 1:28 PM, meh130 said:

The following states with NFL teams have legal recreational weed: California, Washington, and Colorado. Washington D.C. has legal weed, but the Redskins practice in Virginia and play in Maryland, which do not.

So these Bama players can go to the Rams, Chargers, Raiders, 49ers, Seahawks or Broncos.

So much ignorance 

So I guess if you play for the turds since you have to practice in the heat it is OK to be a joker and a midnight toker. I guess if turdtown was on the equator they could smoke it on the sidelines.:hellyeah:

On 1/16/2017 at 2:28 PM, meh130 said:

May explain why the 5 out of 6 of those team sucked this year...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 11:41 AM, lionheartkc said:

An internal investigation revealed that he works too hard in the heat to be punished. Nothing to see here... Move along.

Lil Nickie just giving him a 2nd chance.

Archived