Incompetent or Intentional?

homersapien

On 3/21/2017 at 9:50 PM, homersapien said:

......and if intentional - WTF?   :dunno:

I just fail to see how this could possibly be in our interest.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/21/15003466/rex-tillerson-nato-meeting-snub

Why experts think Rex Tillerson skipping a NATO summit is "an unmitigated disaster"

If he attended he'd still make it a disaster. I assumed he had to have more skills than he's shown. 

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If he attended he'd still make it a disaster. I assumed he had to have more skills than he's shown. 

I can't figure him out.  Frankly, I was OK with his appointment but that was based on the assumption that he would do what is best for the country regardless of what Trump is promoting.

Now it looks as if he either doesn't recognize what the basic strategy of our foreign policy should be, or he's simply adapting Trump's positions.  Either is bad for the country.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I can't figure him out.  Frankly, I was OK with his appointment but that was based on the assumption that he would do what is best for the country regardless of what Trump is promoting.

Now it looks as if he either doesn't recognize what the basic strategy of our foreign policy should be, or he's simply adapting Trump's positions.  Either is bad for the country.

Ok with his appointment?  Damn homer. He is an oilman who was adopted by the kremlin. He is the worst of the worst. 

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ok with his appointment?  Damn homer. He is an oilman who was adopted by the kremlin. He is the worst of the worst. 

I was giving him the benefit of doubt and comparing him to some of the other appointments like Pruitt for EPA and Rick Perry for energy.

Despite his business dealings with Russia, I didn't expect him to be in accord with Trump on NATO and Brexit (for example).

I was wrong.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I was giving him the benefit of doubt and comparing him to some of the other appointments like Pruitt for EPA and Rick Perry for energy.

Despite his business dealings with Russia, I didn't expect him to be in accord with Trump on NATO and Brexit (for example).

I was wrong.

Yes. Throw DeVos and Carson in there too. Mattis is the only one I like. 

I almost forgot about the labor secretary. The Hardee's guy that didn't make it. His picks couldn't possibly be worse. Just too many. 

Archived