ellitor

Committed to UGa on 12/11/2017

4_4299189.jpg

Warner Robins, GA (Houston County)
Ht 6-3.5 Wt 325
247 Profile
Offers include AU, UGA, FSU, Clemson, UF, LSU, Michigan, OU, Vols, Texas
Clemson, UGA, FSU believed top 3 but AU in mix
Made a surprise visit to AU on March 10th to see practice & will return for A Day all per Keith

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warner-Robins HS in GA, the HS that brought Auburn James Brooks, one of the most electric, speediest backs we have ever had. 

BTW, I watched some of this kids film and he seems like a freight train. For his size, the kid is pretty fast. Reminds me a bit of Harrell's HS film. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hill on Herb Hand: ‘I would really like for him to coach me’

If there are offensive linemen in the 2018 class better than Trey Hill, the list is short.

The 6-foot-4, 330-pound offensive guard from Houston County (Ga.) is ranked the No. 2 offensive guard in the nation. He’s in the top 40 among overall prospects, which makes him a fringe candidate for a fifth recruiting star. Hill will be an interior lineman at the next level.

For now, Georgia — with 8 of 8 Crystal Ball predictions — is the projected favorite, but Hill insists he doesn’t have a top list or a decision timeline. He communicates with Georgia, Florida, Florida State, LSU, USC and South Carolina on a regular basis.

Auburn is in there, too.

Over the years, Hill has visited Auburn “six or seven times,” and he’ll return again Saturday for A-Day.

“That’s the plan. I just want to see how their line plays, how coach (Herb) Hand coaches in a game setting,” Hill told SEC Country. “I want to view everything over again and see where I’d fit best in their program.”

When it comes to Auburn, most of Hill’s contact is through Hand.

Auburn football-Auburn Tigers
Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Hill talked with Auburn pre-Hand, but the relationship has developed exponentially since Hand took over offensive line duties. If Auburn has a chance of landing Hill, Hand will be the biggest factor in that decision.

“He’s just a great, energetic coach,” Hill said. “I would really like for him to coach me.”

Gus Malzahn has also joined the Hill recruitment, which shows the interior offensive lineman’s high priority on Auburn’s board.

Hill raved about the Auburn head coach, but he also offered a dose of reality when it comes to what he’ll be watching from Auburn this fall.

“He’s got to win this year,” Hill said. “But he’s a great guy. He’s a family guy. Auburn, really, it’s just a great campus. It’s a great place to be. They treat me like family, and it feels different than other places. It’s just Auburn. That’s the only way to describe it.”

The fact that he said Gus has to win this year shows he is realistic in his evaluation. He is looking at the whole picture, do I like the school, Does if have good academics in the field I want to study, do they have good coaches, will the coaches still be there if I commit? Here is to hoping we have a great season that will help him chose Auburn.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

The fact that he said Gus has to win this year shows he is realistic in his evaluation. He is looking at the whole picture, do I like the school, Does if have good academics in the field I want to study, do they have good coaches, will the coaches still be there if I commit? Here is to hoping we have a great season that will help him chose Auburn.

Show's me that Gus is getting hammered on the recruiting trail. And recruits are listening. Especially the ones in Georgia. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Show's me that Gus is getting hammered on the recruiting trail. And recruits are listening. Especially the ones in Georgia. 

Exactly!  He is getting nailed on the negarecruiting

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If we have a great season the negative recruiting will backfire. When the other teams recruiter is telling you something and you can see that he is wrong you  lose trust in that recruiter.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If we have a great season the negative recruiting will backfire. When the other teams recruiter is telling you something and you can see that he is wrong you  lose trust in that recruiter.

Not if all our targets have committed elsewhere before we have this awesome season.  It's going to be hard to flip them back.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To be honest, by then a good number of recruits in this class will be committed to other schools and a lot of them won't change their minds. Even if we do what we should & need to the first 9 games we will be defined by UGA & Bama. We must at least split them. Like I said though by then it will be too late for some recruits in this class.

With that being said, if we win big, creating some stability, we should have a Top 10 class for a 6th straight year. It does need to spring board us to a Top 5 in 2019 however if we win then too.

19 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Agree. 

20 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

I wonder how many other recruits have said "he has to win this year"

And how many fans as well.I'm with Hill on this Gus needs to win and I mean more than 7 or 8 games.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I do find it funny that Kirby is talking smack. His first uga team was awful. 

ah yes, but he learned from the best.  Not trying to call conspiracy theory or anything.  You've got all these Little Nicky deciples running around. Mac in FL, Smart in GA, Fisher in FL, Muschamp (to some degree) in SC and Mr Turdville himself.  That is a lot of coaches from the same tree in key areas that we recruit all saying the same thing about the same school.  

6 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

ah yes, but he learned from the best.  Not trying to call conspiracy theory or anything.  You've got all these Little Nicky deciples running around. Mac in FL, Smart in GA, Fisher in FL, Muschamp (to some degree) in SC and Mr Turdville himself.  That is a lot of coaches from the same tree in key areas that we recruit all saying the same thing about the same school.  

I agree with this.  If I were any of these coaches and we win big next year, I would place the success on the QB and spin it to they will be right back the next year.  For the nega-cruitin to quit, we are going to have to win back to back season.  Nega-cruitin will always be around to some degree but these guys like to make themselves look good just by highlighting others faults.  Smart didn't do anything his first year to talk smack but he will continue until we shut him up on the field. 

Let's just hope we win and Mr. Hill is smart enough to see through the lip service.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WORST and most devestating loss of the Gus era sans the natty. We have made a habit of losing to bad georgia teams lately. I mean for goodness sakes they did not score a td on offense this game.

8 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Exactly! You can negative recruit against anybody for anything. The hard truth of the matter is that Kirby is a better recruiter than Gus. We could easily be using the "great coordinator but not head coach material" argument all day against Kirby. And we can use his 1st year to back that point up. The problem is that Auburn on the surface appears to be against "negative" recruiting. The other coaches are willing to play the game and get their hands dirty, while the Auburn coaches are not. 

5 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Exactly! You can negative recruit against anybody for anything. The hard truth of the matter is that Kirby is a better recruiter than Gus. We could easily be using the "great coordinator but not head coach material" argument all day against Kirby. And we can use his 1st year to back that point up. The problem is that Auburn on the surface appears to be against "negative" recruiting. The other coaches are willing to play the game and get their hands dirty, while the Auburn coaches are not. 

That is the Auburn culture in a nutshell. It is not just directly related to football. It is great most of the time just wish we would be a little more cutthroat when the time calls for it.

21 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If he keeps recruiting like he is, his teams will go from awful to great pretty quick. I believe we have the best combination of talent, depth, and coordinators we've had in quite a while and need to put a serious beat down on UGA this year. 

Regarding Hill, I feel good about landing him. Hand is a great recruiter and his players seem to love playing for him. If our O performs like it is capable of with Stidham, we will land some great O linemen. 

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

If he keeps recruiting like he is, his teams will go from awful to great pretty quick. I believe we have the best combination of talent, depth, and coordinators we've had in quite a while and need to put a serious beat down on UGA this year. 

Regarding Hill, I feel good about landing him. Hand is a great recruiter and his players seem to love playing for him. If our O performs like it is capable of with Stidham, we will land some great O linemen. 

Agree GWebb.   He is loading up in the trenches and that is where CMR failed.    We missed two golden opportunities to quite some of the negative recruiting and wet the bed the last two years.   Time to get over that hump.   

On 4/6/2017 at 0:30 PM, lutzcammed said:

I wonder how many other recruits have said "he has to win this year"

Probably a lot of them. They usually hear it first from our fickle fans. Some of our fans negative recruit against us fully as well as the opponents do.

• 1 month later...

Nation’s No. 2 OG praises Herb Hand

Let’s lay out the offensive line facts for Auburn in the 2018 class.

The Tigers already have two OL prospects committed — Kameron Stutts and Jalil Irvin. Auburn continues to evaluate tackles in the class and it would like to add two exterior offensive linemen going forward. All in all, Auburn will aim to add 4-5 offensive linemen in the class, which means there’s the potential for a third interior or third exterior linemen.

Everything I’ve been told has suggested that potential fifth spot will be saved for an interior lineman.

RECRUITING: Quindarious Monday outlines decision timeline, interest in Tigers

One specific name keeps surfacing: 4-star Trey Hill from Houston County (Ga.), the No. 2 offensive guard in the nation, according to 247Sports composite rankings. He’s not worried that the Tigers already have two interior line commitments.

“It really don’t matter. Wherever you go, you’ve got to compete,” Hill said.

That brings us to the next order of business.

Herb-Hand-by-Kenny-Moss-DSC-5900_yay7dm.
Auburn OL coach Herb Hand is gaining respect from OL recruits, especially Trey Hill. (Kenny Moss/Getty Images)

How much realistic interest does Hill have in the Tigers?

It appears the answer to that question should have the Tigers feeling pretty good as Hill embarks on a busy summer of recruitment. Hill hasn’t outlined an official top list of schools yet, but he was asked to dish out an A-grade to the programs that have impressed him. Auburn received a mention there.

Georgia has long been considered the favorite here, but Hill told SEC Country “there’s a lot of schools up there” with the Bulldogs.

Auburn can be considered a legitimate dark horse here. Hill has been interested in the Tigers for a while, but it wasn’t until last summer — after a handful of visits to the Plains previously — that he finally picked up an offer at a summer camp.

Hill’s interest in Auburn never wavered despite the Tigers’ hesitance to offer, which the 4-star offensive lineman admits is a testament to his interest in the program.

“I’ve been up to Auburn; I went like five times before I ever even got the offer. I feel the family-type vibe,” Hill said. “I just like coach [Herb] Hand. He’s a pretty good guy. He’s a great coach. I mean, he’s just a coach that I think I could fit in his program. We’re pretty tight.”

Hill also has a long-standing relationship with another Auburn great.

Montravius Adams has served as a mentor, of sorts, for Hill. The two stay in regular communication, and the topic of Auburn always comes up when doing so. Adams has given Hill a glowing recommendation of his stint at Auburn, and that’s a perspective Hill will take into account as he goes through his decision-making process.

“Plus, you know, Montravius went there,” Hill said. “I communicate with him a little bit. It’s just a great place. His last four years have been the best four years of his life. Of course, he was just in the NFL draft.”

In order for Auburn to make a lasting impression, the Tigers will need to get Hill back on campus this summer. He hasn’t confirmed a trip for Big Cat Weekend on June 3, but if we were using injury-report style to list the chances of Hill on the Plains for that, we’d mark Hill down as “probable.”

Hill and fellow Auburn target Kearis Jackson have talked with one another about potentially being a package deal. Both have been linked to Georgia more often than not, but Auburn remains heavily in the sweepstakes for both.

On 4/9/2017 at 7:55 AM, Mikey said:

Probably a lot of them. They usually hear it first from our fickle fans. Some of our fans negative recruit against us fully as well as the opponents do.

:laugh:

Archived