Correcting red zone failures

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I'm there too. I did kinda know how good he was. But what little we had seen of Jeremy to that point just seemed so much better. People always mention his athleticism which was obvious. What is rarely mentioned is Nick was as intelligent of a qb as we have ever had. 

You know what, that's a really good point. I remember thinking as I was leaving that Wisconsin game in '14 that "well, I'm definitely looking forward to being able to utilize every part of the field in the passing game now" Lol little did we know that also meant parts of the field that had defensive backs and linebackers standing right there. But without going too deep into my memory bank, I don't think I've ever seen as clutch of a QB as NM play for AU. You need a play or a drive with under 2 mins left? No sweat.

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Just to be clear I didn't play football but my buddy did lol. I'm purely an observer in that regard haha. It's amazing how much NM's value in the eyes of AU fans has skyrocketed post 2014. I'm part of the crew too I have no shame in admitting it!

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

I'm there too. I did kinda know how good he was. But what little we had seen of Jeremy to that point just seemed so much better. People always mention his athleticism which was obvious. What is rarely mentioned is Nick was as intelligent of a qb as we have ever had. 

My opinion of his ability to accurately throw a football on a regular basis hasn't changed. What has changed for me is 1) how much I think that actually mattered and 2) how much I appreciate the fact that he would rather throw the ball to someone on the sidelines or beyond than throw the ball to the wrong team. Like @alexava says, intelligent. And humble. He wasn't trying to be the hero. Well, maybe that one time against UGA...

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My opinion of his ability to accurately throw a football on a regular basis hasn't changed. What has changed for me is 1) how much I think that actually mattered and 2) how much I appreciate the fact that he would rather throw the ball to someone on the sidelines or beyond than throw the ball to the wrong team. Like @alexava says, intelligent. And humble. He wasn't trying to be the hero. Well, maybe that one time against UGA...

That may have been the worst/ugliest pass of his career at AU. And it worked out. Go figure. Sometimes it's better to be clutch than good I guess haha.

In the BCS title game if Ricardo Louis is wide open late in the 4th quarter instead of early in the 1st NM probably hits him right in stride for 6 ;D

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

That may have been the worst/ugliest pass of his career at AU. And it worked out. Go figure. Sometimes it's better to be clutch than good I guess haha.

In the BCS title game if Ricardo Louis is wide open late in the 4th quarter instead of early in the 1st NM probably hits him right in stride for 6 ;D

The Nick Marshall Auburn experience explained, ladies and gentlemen!

Slightly off topic, but if you get a chance watch NFL channel football life with Joe Namath.  Yeah, I know he's a bammer product, but damn, he had the sweetest throwing motion in history followed by Dan Marino.  Talk about arm strength, wrist snap, delivery, velocity, etc. he was the best.  Ball just flew out of his hand no matter his body position.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

and, our MVP for that game later joined our team. Downright bizarre.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Slightly off topic, but if you get a chance watch NFL channel football life with Joe Namath.  Yeah, I know he's a bammer product, but damn, he had the sweetest throwing motion in history followed by Dan Marino.  Talk about arm strength, wrist snap, delivery, velocity, etc. he was the best.  Ball just flew out of his hand no matter his body position.

You are absolutely correct. Bear Bryant once called him the greatest natural athlete he ever coached. That is a mouthful. I'm not quite old enough to remember him playing at Alabama, but was a huge fan as a kid when he was with the Jets. By that time he was having terrible knee trouble. 

Archived