Softball vs. uat - game 2

Auburn looking to take the series tonight vs. uat.  

Lineup for tonight:

Draper
Cooper
Wallace
Rivera
Veach
Fagan
Shea
Podany
Crocker

Makayla Martin pitching

C_LomLvUMAAyorA.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn wearing all white uniforms tonight and here we go.   Draper, Cooper and Wallace getting us started.

1st pitch, draper grounds to 1st, fielded by the 2nd baseman and she steps on the base.  1 out.

Wallace bloops one to center and it drops for a hit.   Rivera coming up.

Rivera flies to shallow left, caught by the shortstop to end the top 1st.   no score

Martin shuts the door on the 1st.   No score.     Veach, Fagan and Shea coming up in the top 2nd.

Glad to see some aggressiveness with the AU bats as I think we can hit littlejohn.

Shea bouncer up the middle, cut off by the shortstop and throw in time to end the top 2nd.   No score.

lead off single for uat but nothing else.  Scoreless after 2.    Podany, Crocker and Draper coming up.

Well, we need to hit the ball.  Last night plate ump gave corners plus some and this guy doesn't seem to give any corner unless ball is all over the plate.  Consistent that Littlejohn is not getting the pitch she got last night but Martin is not getting hers either.  This will turn into a lotta contact in my opinion, just depends which ones go where nobody is at or who makes the errors.

Podany loops one to right and over the head of the 2nd baseman and it drops for a base hit.     KK Crocker coming up.

Crocker sharp grounder to 2nd, backhanded stop and throw to short covering 2nd to get the lead runner.   1 out.   Back to the top of the order with Victoria Draper.

Draper lines one to short, caught, throw to 1st doubles us Crocker to end the top 3rd.   no score.

Martin sets them down in order in the bottom 3rd.   Cooper, Wallace and Rivera coming up.   Let's get some runs here.

Cooper hit by a pitch on the 1st pitch.   Runner on 1st.  Carlee Wallace up.

Wallace 1st, grounder to 3rd, throw to 2nd to 1st double play.  2 outs.  Rivera up.

Veach lines one up the middle and it drops in front of the center fielder and gets away enough for Rivera to get to 3rd.    edit:  She was under it but it came out of her glove.  

Haley Fagan up with runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs.

Cooper is hurting after being hit by a pitch.  She pleaded with Clint to let her stay in, saying "I can play".     She went into her position and then to Martin and I saw her mouth the words to Martin "It's broken".   She has her forearm wrapped up.  I don't want to speculate here, just reporting what I saw her say when she came out to take her position.

Great catch by Draper against the wall in center.  Took away extra bases and possibly a home run there.   Great catch. 2 outs.

Archived