Baseball at UAB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is the game of baseball for you. All teams have slumps. Better for it to happen now than in the postseason I guess.....

Anthony walks.  First and second, no out.  If you're gonna make a move Tigers, now would be the time.

7-2 UAB.  Im out.  Barring a big comeback, AU loses its 4th straight.  Series with LSU starts Thursday

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ha, the Visintainer kid's father pitched at Auburn when I was there.  Just hit a bases clearing double.  Bad night on the ol' ball field.

Thoughts on the past week, POD?  Obviously slumps are part of a baseball season, but this team hasn't appeared mentally there, plate approaches all over the place, etc. Might be playing ourselves into a 3 seed the next two weeks. Youth succumbing to pressure finally or something else?

Bad time to be playing your worst ball. uat series clearly had a bad effect on the team. LSU licking their chops tonight. Going to find out fast what this team is made of. 

I know nothing, but I do like the makeup of this team and especially the coach.  I think I'm with Belle thinking they've hit a tough patch, keep in mind there have been a lot of injuries and I'm not believing the pitchers are back to early season form.  Also the reality that none of these guys have played 52 games in a season in which more than about half of them mattered at all, the SEC is a meat grinder and there is very little difference in the quality of the teams from top to bottom.  I think I'll keep pulling for them.....;)

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I know nothing, but I do like the makeup of this team and especially the coach.  I think I'm with Belle thinking they've hit a tough patch, keep in mind there have been a lot of injuries and I'm not believing the pitchers are back to early season form.  Also the reality that none of these guys have played 52 games in a season in which more than about half of them mattered at all, the SEC is a meat grinder and there is very little difference in the quality of the teams from top to bottom.  I think I'll keep pulling for them.....;)

Exceeded expectations for sure. Just really, really put a dark cloud over the season to get swept at home to the worst uat team in years, and follow it up with a pasting by UAB. Rough patch is an understatement. 

11 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Might be playing ourselves into a 3 seed the next two weeks.

There will be a really pissed off #1 and #2 if that happens.  A real "oh shioot" moment when that bracket goes up on ESPN.

Sorry to see this, did not realize the game was on tonight just found this...so read the commentary and discussion. Thanks to those who have done the play by play .

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sorry to see this, did not realize the game was on tonight just found this...so read the commentary and discussion. Thanks to those who have done the play by play .

No apology necessary, apparently AU didn't remember there was a game either. ;)

Archived